This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduce yourself

With the release of PR:ARMA at TG we are seeing a lot of new faces on the server and forums. Please use this thread to introduce yourself to the community and say hi.

Re: Introduce yourself

I'll get the ball rolling.

My name is Wicks, I am the Game Officer for Project Reality at TG (manage the Admin Teams). Based in the UK. Been here since late 2006, joined the forums in 2007. Started off with BF2, then PR:BF and Arma 1, 2 etc. Very happy that PR:Arma has arrived and very much looking forward to the future.

Gamewise I am very interested in the application of real world tactics in the game environment and how they can be adapted. If you see me in game or on TS say hello, I don't bite:icon_razz.
    Last edited by Wicks; 04-08-2012, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Hi ! My name is Callous on the forums and [RGG]MasterCaution in-game. I'm a part of the TG Admin team for PR:AA as well as a member of the Regiment of the Grenadier Guards. I'm located in the US, New York and I've been playing FPS since Operation Flashpoint back in 2001. I enjoy long range indirect fire, area denial weaponry and I herd cats in my spare time.
      You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
      So that when they turn their backs on you,
      You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

G'day! I'm woof (no L) here on the forums, and |TG-Irr| woof in game. I'm a new arrival to the TG admin team for PR:ArmA and a member of the Irregulars IHS (In House Squad) here at TG. My history with PR goes back to the early days of PR:BF2; dusting off my realitymod.com account showed it to be around 2007 the last time I checked in, so think early PR:BF2. I came to TG via Battlefield 3, in which I fell in love with the TG servers because of the brilliant Teamspeak server. Eager for something deeper and more realistic, I took another look at ArmA2, which was much more playable on my newly rebuilt PC, which eventually lead to PR:ArmA.

In game I like making large, loud explosions and seeing if armored vehicles can fly. If you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to ask me in game, on Teamspeak or via the forums/PM.
        sigpic
        [squadl][conduct]

Comment

Hello .. my name is Hurtz. I've been playing PR now steadily since the .15 release. My history of online gaming is Counter Strike for many years and all BF versions. I didn't play PR BF2 a whole lot. I started playing ARMA 2 when it was first released but put it down until I heard about PR ARMA. PR is what I have been looking for for a long time and now with the 1.6 patch it's more enjoyable to play. I'm a grunt usually and enjoy working in organized squads, and blowing up stuff. I step up to squad lead on occasion and am getting more familiar with the role.

This is a great community and look forward to what is in the future for this Mod.
          Hurtz sigpic

Comment

Hi. I'm Swedge. I'm 31 and I live in Brisbane, Australia. I've been a fan of Arma since BI's original Operation Flashpoint but only started getting into the multiplayer more heavily in Arma 2 in the last 3 years. I'm probably best-known as a squad-leader in PR:Arma 2, for my strategy guides and for an ACE-version of Pogoman and Fireball's original Insurgency mission. My main interest is in practical PVP infantry strategy, tactics, and teamwork.

Cheers,
            Swedge

Squad-Leader, A3 Bomb Disposal FAQ, PR:A2 Strategy Guide, A2 Insurgency Guide
            TacBf: Moderator, Server Admin, Bugtester, Facebook Admin

Comment

Hi. I'm MrDageaux, 32 and from S.E. Louisiana, US.
              I've just begun PRARMA2 in early March and am still very much wet behind the ears.
              I've been a big fan of BF1942 and 2 where I participated in clan play and organized leagues & tourneys.
              I got into PRBF2 in the very early stages of the build and followed it for quite some time. My in game name was RajunCajun.
              I took an extended hiatus after having 2 children as well as moving around a bit.
              While my free time is still very limited, I can at least carve out 2-3 nights for gaming after the kiddos go to sleep.
              As far as my in game tendencies, I want nothing more than to be a part of an organized squad and don't care what the objective is as long as its clear.
              I don't know the game well enough at the moment to feel comfortable leading a squad but as soon as I do, that would be my goal.
              I look forward to seeing y'all in game.

Comment

Hi I'm bolagnaise. Like swedge, I'm also from Brisbane australia. I'm 23. I'm came to TG about a year ago and started playing ARMA 2. I enjoy the tactical teamwork that PR brings with its TVT game style. I enjoy armoured play especially and don't mind doing the dirty jobs of driving for a whole round in a Ural or just setting up a FOB for other squads to spawn from. My in game name is |TG-Irr| bolagnaise and I am a member of the in house squad Irregulars and a member of the ARMA platoon. If you see me in game say hi.
                sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                Former ARMA Admin
                Former ARMA TGU instructor
                Former TGU Headmaster
                Current Noob
                Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

I'm Pepper, although my forum name is Athanasa, because I can't change that. In-game name is "|TG-Irr| Pepper". I'm 20, female (not a 12 year old boy, promise) from England. I used to play PR around November/December last year, but dropped out for a bit. Mainly play ArmA with the ACE mod, but hoping to get back into PR for the TVT teamwork. I don't mind doing logistical jobs, although I have no idea how stuff works in PR yet. Used to mostly play medic on PR, will probably go back to playing medic.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Hi all! I'm kgush1 and I'm new to PR:Arma. I have a fairly deep history with PR:BF2, but haven't played in a few years. I decided to get back into it when I purchased Arma 2 during the Steam Summer Sale. I'm 25 years old, live in NY, and love team based tactics. Just trying to get my name out there so I don't have to search for a decent squad during PR:Arma games. PM me if anyone wants to play!

Comment

Hey guys, my name is MSNGER E_leader got me into playing ArmA2, I'm out in Okinawa for the time being, on another note where is a good place to download sixupdater, and the ace + acre mods?
                      "If it looks stupid but works... it's not stupid..."

Comment

MSNGER welcome buddy. For info on ACE etc head on over to here.
                        http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...e-tg-arma.html
                        sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                        Former ARMA Admin
                        Former TGU Headmaster
                        Current Noob

Comment

Thanks bolagnaise, I appreciate it.
                          "If it looks stupid but works... it's not stupid..."

Comment

The PR:Arma server still exist? Haven't seen it up all weekend. And nobody is playing PR:BF2 so that means that I'm completely unable to satisfy my strong craving for a realistic modern tactical shooter. DayZ has done a fair amount of damage to the genre it would seem.

Comment

Intrepid currently the PR server is not running. I will get paint to go into more detail in an official post.
                              sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                              Former ARMA Admin
                              Former TGU Headmaster
                              Current Noob

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse