Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change TG server parameters: View-distance, fog, night?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change TG server parameters: View-distance, fog, night?

Since the TG server isn't drawing players much anymore, maybe it's time to change-up the server settings?

Make the TG server the place for harsh enviormentals --short view distance, fog, night.

Patches are few and far inbetween for new maps and content. The maps are stale. Snipers have gamed all the angles for easy kills.

At this point, why not try?

Re: Change TG server parameters: View-distance, fog, night?

I think the mixing up the weather and time would be cool. View distance, not so much.

Comment

Re: Change TG server parameters: View-distance, fog, night?

I believe the ArmA2 multiplayer admin access is all or nothing i.e. cannot be restricted to allow voting/specific admin access to only weather or time parameter changes. Any admin access includes the ability to change maps, kick players and also restart the server or game (not sure on the last one as I've never used it).

TG have a policy on not allowing admin access to their servers (there's a link with valid reason from a head TG guy in this or the PR forums). This was okay when the server was populated and an admin like MasterCaution was constantly online to ensure the map size match the players numbers and also alter time/weather.

So I think what you asking either has to
      a) require TG allowing any player to allowed admin access by voting
      or
      b) require TG allow voting for particular maps but not sure if this will work with time/weather parameters
      or
      c) require a TG admin to be constantly on the server

Given that the server is never populated (unfortunately for the sake of my ping) now-a-days I think the point is moot. However for future changes perhaps you should become a TG member/admin Ratszo?

---

I disagree with shortening of the view distance but I will respond to your thread in the PR forums.

:-)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X