Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between all the simulations

Hey guys,

No one knows me here, but I was doing some tactical searching and found y'all and this place looks awesome.
    I had a couple of questions. What is the difference between PR:BF2 and PR:ArmA? Do you guys
    think one is better, or one is more realistic? Also what is the difference between regular ArmA and PR:Arma?
    Thanks

toujoursRUGBY

Re: Difference between all the simulations

Well, PR:ARMA is basically in a state of hibernation. It kind of got off the ground, but not really. The newest release was to give a good foundation to port to ARMA 3. PR:BF2 is active (not quite to the level it was when I first started playing it almost 4 years ago), and currently everyone is awaiting the release of v1.0, which is going to bring a ton of new features to the mod and game.

Anyways, welcome to the forums and glad you found us. If you want to play ARMA 2 more than Battlefield 2, the servers for ARMA 2 here are really good. They run the ACE and ACRE mods, plus a few more. If you're interested in playing there, here's the link with everything you'll need to play here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...e-tg-arma.html

Comment

PR:BF2 is, IMO, better (although I haven't played ArmAII online). ArmA is WAY more realistic.

As Mangeface said, basically nobody really plays PR:ArmAII these days and I don't see that changing. PR:BF2 is going to get a new lease on life in the coming months with the release of version 1.0.
      sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

I was a veteran of PR:vBF2 and loved it. However the moment PR:vArmAII came out my jaw hit the floor and I was in love. PR:vArmAII is a brilliant battlefield simulator that allows for some truly diverse game play. The core problem with PR:vArmAII is that its unfinished and really has only been released as BETAs to gain important learning as the small team works with the engine and fleshes out the core gameplay they want. Also ArmAII had a niche market prior to Dayz and as such it was smaller in community size and appeal.

PR:vBF2 1.0 and the enventual standalone Project Reality 2 will really give PR:vArmAIII competition as the brutality of psuedo-authentic medium scale tactical gunplay is not one that many gamers like to confront.

Comment

PR Arma had scope, scale and ambition on it's side but a smaller player base, smaller development team and a much more complex, simulation based game engine. PR:BF in relative terms has had a much longer run, has an established if somewhat reduced playerbase, when compared to its heyday. PR:BF is limited by the BF engine and is an attempt at a sim lite approach via a game engine. As such the Devs have to work very hard to bring a degree of realism in and have done a great job.

There is absolutely no question whatsoever that PR:Arma is by far the more 'realistic', I loved it, but I loved PR:BF 2. In essence they are two very different games and I think many people failed to appreciate the differences in capability. Basically PR:Arma allows the PR team to do many of the things they would like in PR:BF however for a great deal of the playerbase that capability is offset by the lack of immediacy and slight clunkiness of the Arma 2 engine.

Now Arma 3 is an entirely different kettle of fish. I 'ran' both PR:Arma and PR:BF for Tactical Gamer, I've played a lot of both. I also enjoy the odd game of COD and BF3, DayZ and pretty much any other FPS you could name. Arma 3, in my personal opinion, has by far the best FPS/Tactical shooter type engine I have seen, to date. The controls, once mastered, are spot on. The shooting mechanic, weapons handling, physical interaction with the game world are the best I have ever seen. This is a SIM that you can play a round of death match in if that makes sense. Small Details. It has the best, most natural, realistic feeling pistol handling I have ever experienced, in any game ever. It's in Alpha now and is already quite incredible.

If PR moves to that engine as they appear to be, judging by the forums, then PR:Arma has a really good chance. I sincerely hope the Dev Team can get into gear as they are a great bunch and the new engine will allow them to do stuff that BF and Cryengine simply won't.

We host, PR:BF periodically (the server is not up all the time) and Arma 3 and Arma 2, why not have a wander around and try them all out and see what you think. We also host many other titles.

Welcome to TG!

Comment

Well the thing that caught my eye is that I say one of the groups do an opord for a mission before playing. I didnt catch which game it was. Do any of yall know?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X