Making the most out of your CPUs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making the most out of your CPUs

I just wanna share something that new to Arma players might not know. For me at least in my mind it increases my performance.

My Installation is through steam thus my praa.exe is located at:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@pr\praa.exe

Always make a shortcut of this and never edit the actual program. To make a shortcut in Windows 7 Right Click on praa.exe -> Send To -> Desktop(Create Shortcut)

Once the shortcut is in place you can edit the target line:

To edit the target line Right Click on the Shortcut and go to Properties. Under the textbox Target: You can edit it for launch options. There are programs to automatically edit this for you, but PR is not yet compatible with them.

My Target Line is:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@pr\praa.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca" -nosplash -world=empty -cpuCount=2

The first part is pointing to which program to start. The lines after -mod= means I want original Arma 2 and Expansions loaded. I do not know if you need these to play PR.
    -nosplash option allows you to skip Bohemia Interactive intro logo.
    -world = empty might already be enabled through praa.exe.
    -cpuCount = 2 ....... This is the reason why I wanna share this. My processor is dual core and Arma can utilize both. Quad cores can also set their cpu count to gain performance.

Many of our Arma veterans are skilled in modifying the target line with all different options. So if I said something wrong correct me.

Re: Making the most out of your CPUs

Originally posted by |TG| B View Post
    Many of our Arma veterans are skilled in modifying the target line with all different options. So if I said something wrong correct me.
    You're on target B.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Re: Making the most out of your CPUs

When I installed PR they gave me the shortcut automatically but Im not sure if its necessary to add the second line with arma 2;Expansion;ca ... since i dont think you need anything additional at least thats how mine runs.
      mine is "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@pr\praa.exe" -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7 (quad processor)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X