Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangs half way into "Initialising"

Gents,

Any guidance here would be awesome. My game hangs up at the "initialising" sequence, about half way into it.

No problem getting into ArmA2 itself, so seems it must be related to the PR mod. If any of the admins ar feeling keen, I tried joing about 10' ago - still looking at the initialising screen - but for purposes of time stamps it'd be ~11:25pm ET, 11-Sep-2011.

Cheers,

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
    if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Re: Hangs half way into "Initialising"

Will get back to you soon mate. If any other admin has input please jump in.

Comment

I had the same problem. You are missing a registry change that happens when you first load into ARMA... So do the following exactly.

1. Load ARMA2 standalone once.
      2. Load Operation Arrowhead once.
      3. Load Combined Operation once. (In steam right click on OA launch from library and click Launch Combined Ops.) If in the main menu you can see ARMA 2 as one of your add ons loaded, then the necessary registry files are created for you to play PR.
      4. Try PR.

Good luck.

I am assuming you have the same setup as me. I purchased Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead separately on steam... If that is no the case, please describe your game composition/purchase site and we will have a better idea why it is happening...

There is a brute force way to make sure OA sees and uses old Arma2 files which involves copying one onto another. Hopefully we won't need that
      Last edited by hedgehog; 09-12-2011, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Okay,

Following your suggestion got me further...it got me to the no entry 'bin\config.bin Glasses issue mentioned elsewhere in this forum.

So, following those set of instructions, and glorious eureka!

Huge shout-out to |TG| B for getting me on the right path, and to bolagnaise for getting me home. Honorable mention to |TG-6th|Drifterdave who tried to point me in this direction last night on TS...and he claimed he got the tip off from |TG-6th| A.Wickens!!

Apparently not only playing PR:ArmA is a team sport, but getting the game to work is as well.

Thanks again to all!

Cheers,

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
        if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

Don't worry about the in-game "no entry..." message prompt.

Just press enter and you should be good.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I'm having this same problem, from what I could research its battle eye.. I re-installed to no avail, I'm thinking it might be something with server side battle eye because I can get into other servers

Comment

Originally posted by Eric99BL View Post
              I'm having this same problem, from what I could research its battle eye.. I re-installed to no avail, I'm thinking it might be something with server side battle eye because I can get into other servers
              Unlikely Eric. If you require assistance please join teamspeak and speak to an admin for help. Most of the time it is something simple to fix to get you playing.
              sigpic

Former Pathfinder
              Former ARMA Admin
              Former ARMA TGU instructor
              Former TGU Headmaster
              Current Noob
              Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse