Settings won't save

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings won't save

Every time I restart PR:ArmA2 or ArmA2, I have to reconfigure all of my control and video settings. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game; no change. I've got the DVD version of A2:CO with the 1.10 and 1.59 patches applied, and PR:ArmA2 0.1 beta installed. I'm on the administrator account of a Win7 64 machine, and I have "run as administrator" checked in the shortcut. I've read about people having a similar problem if their game files are hosted on a server, but in my case everything is hosted locally. I'm thinking I must be missing something really stupid. What is it?

|
    |

Re: Settings won't save

Maybe you have not saved in game profile via ArmA2/OA first?

i.e. computer name (default profile), A_Grounded_Pilot (another profile saved via ArmA2/OA)

Which would automatically transfer over when starting PR:ARMA.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Re: Settings won't save

Ok you got me pointed in the right direction. I got poking around and found where my profile is saved. I looked in C:\Users\{username}\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\A_Grounded_Pilot and found A_Grounded_Pilot.ArmA2OAProfile. It was read only. As soon as I unchecked the read-only box under properties, I could change any setting in game and it now sticks. Why in the hell would that have been read only?

Thanks man.

|
      |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse