screen black hud text flashing on and off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screen black hud text flashing on and off

when in arma 2 OA mp game - after 15 - 25 mins the screen goes black with only the game hud text and ingame chat text flashing on and off - I am physically still connected ingame and am hearing the audio from the game happening all around me where i'm standing but he screen is black with just the text flashing in and out, I have to alt tab ctrl alt delete and end process arma oa. - this happens every game if i decide to stay for 15 to 30 mins of constant gameplay. This is after update in dec 2010.

kind regards,
    b

Re: screen black hud text flashing on and off

Hi mate,

Have you checked the BI website to see if you have the latest patches/updates? What version do you have? And are you using DVD version. Steam. Sprocket download?
    Are you able to record a fraps video of this problem for Youtube?

Cheers,
    Swedge

Squad-Leader, A3 Bomb Disposal FAQ, PR:A2 Strategy Guide, A2 Insurgency Guide
    TacBf: Moderator, Server Admin, Bugtester, Facebook Admin

Comment

Sounds like overheating.

Can clean your case with a can of compressed air. For a test, take off the panel, point a fan into the case and see how the game plays.

Comment

arma 2 1.11.86.734
        arma 2 OA vers 1.60.87.580
        steam version;
        not using fraps for anything

this is happening also: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/pr-bf2-...ml#post1691993

Comment

I've cleaned the fans two mnths before on this mbp already, so i know it's not overheating in this winter season (the update was applied in dec 2011)

Originally posted by Ratszo View Post
          Sounds like overheating.

Can clean your case with a can of compressed air. For a test, take off the panel, point a fan into the case and see how the game plays.

Comment

edit not 2010 updated in dec 2011

Originally posted by bunsack View Post
            when in arma 2 OA mp game - after 15 - 25 mins the screen goes black with only the game hud text and ingame chat text flashing on and off - I am physically still connected ingame and am hearing the audio from the game happening all around me where i'm standing but he screen is black with just the text flashing in and out, I have to alt tab ctrl alt delete and end process arma oa. - this happens every game if i decide to stay for 15 to 30 mins of constant gameplay. This is after update in dec 2010.

kind regards,
            b

Comment

the latest version in arma 2 and arma 2 oa, using steam, not using any rec prog like fraps

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X