Rule clarification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rule clarification

"4c. Exits from a main base may not be camped. This rule does not apply once the main becomes a valid target (see a and b above)."

Does B9k6 count as an exit? I was getting pretty pissed off that they were doing ambushes right there, they had at least 5-6 vehicle kills before I left the server. I mentioned it in all chat, and they basically said sucks for you. In my opinion that is an exit route from main base.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Re: Rule clarification

I think the exit would be A10 keys 3-6.

Still lame for people to be camping that close but whatever. Some people in this game are and will always be dependent on loopholes and cheap tactics in order to get a kill. Be happy you're not one of them.
    sigpic

Comment

Borderline. There is no need to be hitting a supply line 'that' far back especially when there are no flags there.

Comment

cheesy

Comment

I don't see the problem here. How can they ambush your team 5-6 times before you start thinking you should not go there? You can take the SW route too. Or and i'm taking a leap in the unknown here ;), you can clear the area first....

If (imo) we do not allow this it would be soon 'illegal' to attack anything before it reaches the active flag......

Comment

Cheap, lame, poor, weak, low.

|TG-X| Brummy

Comment

Have to agree with Brummy here, it may not no right on the doorstep of the main but its definitely st the bottom of a short garden path. Pretty pathetic attempt at basically camping the exit to main. I would not be happy seeing this as admin, without citing a specific distance based rule 'keep the fight away from the mains'.

To some degree defending against could end up with PLA virtually shooting out of their main, which of course is against the rules. Hence I would advise against it.

Comment

(Opinion of Celest, admins have final say)

As per the rules, borderline allowed.
                As per the primer, frowned upon.

There are other exits out of the main, such as going to temple and then heading north to the southern bridge/Foshan village, and they're far enough away that you can clear them out on your own.
                Sometimes you get some people who only want kills and will go to this sort of tactic. Just have to deal with 'em, go flush them out and get them in the backs as they run in fear.

Comment

Ok so is an ambush allowed/not frowned upon in D9? I mean how far away do you need to be in order for you guys to be happy?
                  They are a good 350 meters away from the actual exit of their main, which imo is in C9. On top of that there is an alternative route where they have good overview.

@celestial: Sometimes you get some people who only want kills and will go to this sort of tactic. Just have to deal with 'em, go flush them out and get them in the backs as they run in fear.

Exactly, find them, kill them and continue.

Comment

The only reason I would consider it an exit is that there really is no way around it without offroading through the fields, both front and back exit roads lead to the same point .

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
                      The only reason I would consider it an exit is that there really is no way around it without offroading through the fields, both front and back exit roads lead to the same point .
                      so then how far down the road is acceptable? Correct me if I'm wrong, but are their TOW emplacements at the main gate anymore? If able - shoot the crap out of them. If the emplacement is there yet this violates a "don't shoot out of the main" than thats a whole other issue.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

You could have gone through Temple.

Personally I think it is a bit lame to ambush that close. I tend to let them get at least to the crossroads further east. However, if the Chinese have the Obj. 57 flag, you may have to get that close to cut off reinforcements, while assaulting the flag.
                        Viking

Comment

Originally posted by Serjikal View Post
                          so then how far down the road is acceptable? Correct me if I'm wrong, but are their TOW emplacements at the main gate anymore? If able - shoot the crap out of them. If the emplacement is there yet this violates a "don't shoot out of the main" than thats a whole other issue.
                          You arent allowed to shoot out of main.

I would think they could at least keep the ambush back to the Y in the road.

Comment

This is like when my mom would tell my older brother not to touch me and then he would hold his finger an inch away from my face and say, "I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you."

I still wanted to kick him in the sack.

In my opinion, you can do this if you want to, and I will spend the rest of the game getting killed trying to exit the main and find you just so I can kick you in the sack for being a little $#!%. Or more likely, I will just leave the server because I don't have time for adolescent games.

Have fun winning by yourself.

I would say this becomes a valid ambush point (and shooting out of the main is ok) when all of the flags are taken and it becomes a moot point because the round is about to end anyway. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by CR8Z View Post
                              This is like when my mom would tell my older brother not to touch me and then he would hold his finger an inch away from my face and say, "I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you."
                              Possibly the best analogy on the matter I've ever heard.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X