Mixed squads.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixed squads.

I read a lot of military books, a whole lot, and one of my recent favourites is 'Not a good day to die' by Sean Naylor (I think). Basically it relates to the battles around the Sha-Hai-Kot mountain range in Afghanistan. Coalition forces operated in mixed units, Delta, Seals, Green Berets, Jtacs, Rangers, SAS/SBS etc.

Well this got me thinking some time ago about how this mixed nature of the 'squads' might benefit PR at TG.

My thought was that perhaps we could try having one player per IHS/clan/group in each squad, numbers permitting. So one from the 6th, 10th, 15th, ?, Irrs, E1st etc, whoever really. Slip in a couple of public players per squad and your set.

I thought it would be an interesting way of getting to know people, learning new stuff, showing public players how we can all cooperate and hopefully have a bit of a laugh.

Any thoughts?

Re: Mixed squads.

Although I'm not in an In-House Squad, I find this concept interesting. I'd be curious to see how players with different tactics and mindsets interact with others outside of their comfort zone.
    CR8Z: "No, I've not been good, but as an American, I'm entitled to everything I want."

Comment

I'd be up for it, despite the MD6 barely having enough manpower to fill a squad by itself, hehe. (Just me and MP40 play PR)

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
      <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
      DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

In, but of course I am an equal opportunities slayer, I play with anyone as you are all aware.

Comment

Good to hear, yeah I really mean anyone, groups can be read as people who often play together, tags or not.

I would really like to be involved in some coalition squads, I undoubtedly would learn something. Some of the best rounds I've had have been scrims where I have played in mixed squads.

We all settle into little routines and a high proportion of us may play on the same team but rarely in the same squad. This would be an opportunity to pool knowledge, freshmen things up and get a bit more community spirit going. Also a great way to greet non regulars/ new players.

Comment

Well this is usually what my squads are because people join as individuals. I rarely have multiple people from the same IHS so create a squad and tell your IHS mates that you are trying to mix with other units/factions and you should get this mix automatically. That is unless people are afraid of you...

Granted there are people I never see in my squad but there is a good reason for this. We play the game differently. I don't find their way of playing much fun and they don't like my 'serious' approach to the game. I think that this is how factions (not IHS') form because you find people that play with the same mentality as you and then you stick with them instead of laying with people that don't like it the way you do.

I am not against the idea but I think this already happens naturally to the extent that it is beneficial. Intentionally mixing people that have fun in different ways is going to lead to some people not having fun.
            If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

I usually try and play with other people (Cougar/Dispo/Vik/Jeepo etc..) just because it gives a different pace from playing all the time with guys from the 69th.

I think it more comes down to a trust issue: "I've never played with you before... how are you going to perform in X position", whereas IHS have inherently played with each for... years?

Just a change of mindset overtime.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

I play with different people all the time, but I like the idea. I would really like to see multiple mixed squads working together. (One squad of six engaging from a fixed position while another squad of six pincers from behind.) The more people that are exposed to great team play, the more likely you are to hop into any squad and have a good time. This is why I play at TG.

If you're like me, and you only get to play every so often, you constantly meet people that have been playing PR for quite some time, but they are new to you. I'll often ask someone if they know how to use a certain weapon or vehicle, and they would say, "I've been playing for 4 years. Yes, I know how to use it.". This always surprises me, but it really shouldn't since it happens all the time. By mixing it up, you can learn a lot about the people you game with, and not just the game.

Comment

I absolutely refuse to play with Portable Cougar, though.
                  Skud

Comment

I play with anyone, some people I avoid because they take things to seriously or I just dont like them. I would like to see some of the IHS spread out a bit, having one badass squad is good, but spreading the talent and experience to the other squads helps the team a lot more.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Novel idea.
                      I understand the 'new person' wariness many have. Only one bad apple can sour your approach toward all, I think its a natural reaction, but one you need to proactively overcome.

I'm sure you've read my other posts where I've squaded with a group i've never seen on the server before let alone talked to, and proceeded to have a great experience with them. Sometimes you will be surprised. And a few more people get added to that list of players that when they join your squad you say to yourself "Ok, good squadmember" instead of "Ugh", "Hey, you got a mic?"
                      Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                      A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

I like this idea a trading! Here here!

Personally, I think the best way at getting this done is to organize events where this occurs... but thats just me... I'm an event person.

Comment

I would be up for more "Learn TG" squads as well.

Comment

Wicks great idea, one of the things that I would also like to see is less locked squads. - This might already be happening though idk do to my absence.
                            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                            Level I HazMat Technician
                            NYS EMT-B
                            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I usually join any squad as I dont really have any PR buddies who play on TG right now, and the rest of the time, I try to lead (1% of the time), so i'm naturally up for this :)

In-Game: |TG-Irr|Dreves

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X