X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf3

Interesting "interview"............

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/10/21/di...-expectations/

Yes higher expectations, but his view, while nice to acknowledge that PC Gamers exist, still worries me. Sure, throw some extra buttons and fluff on, that's a win..........If it is anything like MOH or BC2 then it will fail hard for me personally. Sadly not the MW2 generation of players, and that's what they will care about. It will take an entirely different approach to win me over. At LEAST 128 players per game, big maps, [8km by 8km or bigger], hell I don't care about the graphics, make them worse than BC2 for all I care, make them just 1 step up from BC2 for all I care. Just take BF2 and build, not BC2.........

But I digress, and hope to be proved wrong.

Re: Bf3

Jeepo. You will ALWAYS be disappointed by commercial games. PR > *.*

|
    |

Comment

I will lay money now that the player cap is 48 people. They will want to put some.destructible scenery in and pretty it up so down the player cap will go. I am sure I read a quote in EDGE magazine last year about 48 people, as if it was a leap forward from the pretty shoebox games we have now, BC2, ME2, MOH etc, which it is I suppose. Only problem was Joint Ops was doing 100+ how many years ago?

Why oh why all these years later, will the expansion of broadband, multicore processors etc are we going backwards in terms of capability, sniff.

Comment

The fear of networking issues is what I expect to be the issue on the number of players.
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

BF3 is going to be a great game don't get me wrong, but I do hope it isn't like the Bad Company/MoH style of gameplay. I liked the good ol' fashioned Battlefield 2 engine but sadly they probably see it as outdated and need something to "wow" gamers. Besides im pretty sure Bad Company and MoH were just to test the Frostbite engine. When BF3 comes out im probably going have to look at upgrading my computer.

I can't imagine playing PR on one big 128 slot super server :) Imagine the tk's and chaos.

JagFreeze is the name, Fighter Jet's the game.

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
            I will lay money now that the player cap is 48 people. I am sure I read a quote in EDGE magazine last year about 48 people.
            I recall that quote as well, except I remember the words "per team" included at the end of it. In that case, I would be quite happy, because right now the highest normal player count is 64.
            Semper Fi, Marines.

Comment

Ooh good spot Daishi, if they go to 48 per team that us a step in the right direction. Now we just have to convince deveolpers to release mod tools for proprietory engine stuff like Frostbite, which they, somewhat naturally I suppose, appear reluctant to do.

It's somewhat akin to the guy in the stands calling out Mario Andretti for a slow lap. Andretti says "go on then big mouth, you do better", then watching in despair as the guy dumps his hit dog, squeezes his ass in the car and then proceeds to shatter the track record. This is what the PR devs did with the original BF 2 engine.

Comment

I just want destructible environments/buildings ala BF:BC2.

"You think you can hide punk? My HEAT Round says otherwise"

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
                  Ooh good spot Daishi, if they go to 48 per team that us a step in the right direction. Now we just have to convince deveolpers to release mod tools for proprietory engine stuff like Frostbite, which they, somewhat naturally I suppose, appear reluctant to do.
                  I would argue (and successfully) that releasing mod tools for a game engine and supporting that part of the community extends the shelf life (and therefore income stream) of a title by YEARS. I only need to cite Valve and their support of the Half-Life 1 engine as a prime example. I would throw in the BF2 engine, and I will, but their level of support of the mod community is nothing like what the HL community experiences.

If EA/DICE don't want to make BF3 be a 6-month throw-away title then they had better give some strong support - from the beginning - to the mod community.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Not gonna happen.

|
                    |

Comment

I call Bad Company 2 Version 2 for BF3. Not going to be any better than the current Bad Company 2.

Comment

Support? EA? Are you serious?!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jag Freeze View Post

I can't imagine playing PR on one big 128 slot super server :) Imagine the tk's and chaos.
                          I am pretty sure people who played counter strike thought the same when the topic of going up to 64 from 30 came up :) .

Comment

Originally posted by Jag Freeze View Post
                            BF3 is going to be a great game don't get me wrong, but I do hope it isn't like the Bad Company/MoH style of gameplay. I liked the good ol' fashioned Battlefield 2 engine but sadly they probably see it as outdated and need something to "wow" gamers. Besides im pretty sure Bad Company and MoH were just to test the Frostbite engine. When BF3 comes out im probably going have to look at upgrading my computer.

Well, there will be no PR for bf3, so the point is kinda moot. Anyway, if the maps are big enough 128 people will not be any kind of problem. Just take a look at the current 4KM maps. You really feel like you need more than 32 players on a team for that.

Comment

Definitely need more than 32 per team for a 4km map. Even an extra 10 guys, when properly used for logistics could really ramp up the tempo. Alas...........

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X