Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common mistakes to avoid while playing

Infantery

1. Do not go straight for the objective. Look at the Terrain. If there is some kind of hill nearby you have to go there first else you risk getting lit up from the hilltop.

2. Do not lonewolf your squad. Rally your forces. This is particularly important against insurgents. Most of the times at least one more squad is going to attack, wait for that squad to arrive, while you wait set up a fob in a good location.

3. Set up Fobs. Fobs help to keep the team toegether.

Armor

1. Do not lonewolf. Work in packs to engage enemy armor, rather than to be on the move try to wait someplace enemy armor could be a threat to the team.

2. Do not forget to tag some kind of AA along. Attack helicopters can be really devastating against tanks.

3. Stick with friendly ground troops as much as possible, particularly in cities and reclusive enviroments. If the infantery does not present itself as a target, it might still be a threat to you by calling in CAS or getting their hands on AT, while you cant engage them. If you cant get a squad to come with you, stay back with the ground troops and advance later when they do.

Re: Common mistakes to avoid while playing

Excellent advice Golgo13!!!!
    sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

SL

Use your radio to mark things, letting others know what's in the area will get you support.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
        SL

Use your radio to mark things, letting others know what's in the area will get you support.
        Yeah I tend to do this myself, sometime too much. I nearly never get any kills as an SL since we come into contact, I get a range on the target, and mark it while my squad deals with the threat.
        Blackpython / ZephyrDark
        Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Originally posted by ZephyrDark View Post
          Yeah I tend to do this myself, sometime too much. I nearly never get any kills as an SL since we come into contact, I get a range on the target, and mark it while my squad deals with the threat.
          Leading the squad and being the first to make contact you should get some kills. But yes, the squadleader has to do everything, map out the route, mark targets, talk on the radio, endure radio traffic, laze. Maybe squadleaders can put somebody else in the squadleaderchannel and have him tell the other squads what he needs to tell them. That way radio traffic does not get in the way of squadleading and its one thing less to worry about.

Comment

Infantry

4. Avoid building foxholes, wires and MGs all over the vicinity of your FOB, if you're on the move. It's just a huge indicator saying, here's an undefended FOB, come take it out. It's stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by ZephyrDark View Post
              If I'm leading a kick ass squad on kick ass missions my k/d goes pretty high. I don't know why, perhaps a greater sense of situation, perhaps I take point and take all the easy kills. When it comes to under fire manuvering I never bother finding an exact range and make either a mental note to add later or make a guess at range and location.

Accuracy with the squadleader radio isn't 100% important unless you are running CAS and Mortars or Commanding.

Gore makes a wonderful point at building an FO. People build stuff litterally right on top of them when instead they should get at least 100 m away.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X