Pick'em Afternoon!! Oct 24, 2010:1430PST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick'em Afternoon!! Oct 24, 2010:1430PST

Meet in TG Mumble Channel immediately and standby! It going to be epic!

edit: If you can't get into mumble, join TG TS3 10th gayrd channel...
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: Pick'em Afternoon!! Oct 24, 2010:1430PST

In

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Viking's the fat kid!!!!

Comment

Im there but not getting picked upon :(

Comment

It would be nice if you gave us a bit more notice that this was going to happen. I checked the server earlier today to see if something was going on and there was nothing posted. It is kind of a bummer when you want to join the server and you can not because of a surprise event. It kind of kills part of the reason we get a supporting membership. Anyway something to remember for next time.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Sorry I had to leave 2 hrs into the match. I really didnt expect to be there that long. But I had to spend some time with my fiance so please forgive me...
            "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

What, again?

Comment

Well pick em nights generally give the best type of play out side of an actual scrim so I can understand why it lasts so long. If I had known earlier I would have made sure I was there on time and not miss out on it.
                At least I'm not one of the people who are waiting an hour and a half to get on. We have some dedicate none members who want to get in on this.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

AAR: Sitting in tunnels for 2 hours.

Sickest defenses ever.

Comment

It was an impromptu thing.

Yeah yeah, I was the fat kid.
                    Viking

Comment

Our entire team went to cap Cave bunker, however the other team also had their entire team inside the caves.

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
                      Erwin Rommel

Comment

I had good times on MEC, sat in the cave for an hour until I got bored and decided to harass with mortars for the rest of the round. So if mortars were a problem for you, you can thank my squad.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

one of the most boring and awesome round i have ever played!!! sitting in tunnels for 2 H...

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
                          "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Sproge The Crazy Swede

Comment

I came in after the round had been going on for 2 hours.

I was waiting in the Waiting Room with about 20 others to get in (server at 56 players), when Jaymz told me I had to be CO for MEC, so that got me a spot :P

I noticed our team was prety disorganized, with no asset squads (shockingly) and no logistic or transport squads. Our team was split between attacking IDF emplacement and holding the cave bunker...

I had an okay time as MEC commander but failed to rally the team enough to make any decisive moves. Although I think we were already down in ticket count, we eventually lost with 90 tickets and IDF with 200.

I also tried to help out with some supply runs, one of which ended badly as I landed to extract Dirtboys squad, but rolled chopper on uneven terrain, then was unable to take off again. While Dirtboys squad watched the spectacle, a lone enemy crewman snuck up on his squad and almost singlehandedly killed everyone there lol :P

Our 2 pronged front eventually completely collapsed, shortly after IDF emplacement was captured, it was lost again, then immediately cave bunker went neutral and things went down the ****ter really fast.

I ordered a full withdraw to Alkomin and all the squads put up a prety good fight there. Jaymz had alot of bad luck in the havoks, I think we lost 5 or 6 havoks and I ordered them to be grounded to conserve our remaining tickets. He did take out some armor though.

Mortar squad was setup too far to support Alkomin and I should have relocated them alot sooner to be of more use.

We still had some attempts to attack the cave bunker with 1 squad but it was a fat chance IDF would have given it up after such a hard time to take it.

Overall was a decent game, I just wish as CO I could have started from the beginning of the round, as it seemed the previous CO had some weird plans or just not much coordination of the team evidenced when I arrived in the server.

Good playing with you guys :)

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                              I also tried to help out with some supply runs, one of which ended badly as I landed to extract Dirtboys squad, but rolled chopper on uneven terrain, then was unable to take off again. While Dirtboys squad watched the spectacle, a lone enemy crewman snuck up on his squad and almost singlehandedly killed everyone there lol :P
                              Hehe I was the crewman no idea how that crappy gun managed to get 4 of you with one clip :p reloading got me killed but luckily X was there to avenge me by finishing off the rest. Lot more luck than skill for me there.

Same was with flying the Apache. With X gunning, toast and the commander UAV spotting we made a good number of successful runs. We got locked several times but only got shot down once, maybe my flares were well positioned or it was just a lucky round.

Was good fun with only 1-2 small boring phases that were quickly followed by X getting excited with a UAV lase.

Last few Pick 'em rounds I have played, the teams have been very even with this one being slightly more dominated due to organisation imo. Pity your comm had to go.

For a future pick em rounds we should do maps where the flags are not hugely spaced out as they tend to force people to wait very long times for some action.

All in all had great fun but wish I could of participated in the 20v20 onslaught at the caves.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X