Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about using Shortcuts for assets to have proper squadnames?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about using Shortcuts for assets to have proper squadnames?

Instead of naming the squad CAS try to name it Alpha and then have a shortcut for the role such as C, so the cas squad would be Alpha C.

Transport T
    Armor A
    Infantery I or none.
    Mechanized Infantery or APC M

Re: How about using Shortcuts for assets to have proper squadnames?

I don't think I understand the logic behind this suggestion. What's the point, other than to confuse those who are not aware of these acronyms?
    CR8Z: "No, I've not been good, but as an American, I'm entitled to everything I want."

Comment

They'd need to be standardized and published. The system isn't very intuitive unless you already know what it means.

Comment

I prefer using the scientific notation prefix of PI to the power of my social security number followed by C for "Can't shoot so I'll fly an airplane" R for "Really like driving tanks" and I for "I like sniping"
        |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
        sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
        I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

I think its fine, and simple just to have sq name and numbers, anything that goes beyond what you can read on the squad screen won't be widely known and so will confuse everyone. I don't even see the adantage to this really.
          |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

INF is for Infantry =]

TRAN for transport

MINF for mech Infantry

HOW/ARM (hell on wheels) Armour

Comment

Short yes. Single letter, no.

As long as everyone knows what it's about it's alright.

(MINF? Mom I'd never...)
              sigpic

Comment

How about assingning a number to each squad, so that way you can name them by that number instead of some over complicated version of "MECHINF"... oh, wait!

In-Game: |TG-Irr|Dreves

Comment

I think its a bit silly. Squad names in pubs need to be easily understood in their role as their is no unified strategy.

Comment

Makes sense. How about putting the letter of the corresponding alphabet in front then? If Cas is squad four it would be D CAS with d for delta, if armor is squad 7 it would be G tanks with G for Gamma. Between zhe queens english and whatever they use south of dixie and a german with a c- in english, making out numbers in voip isnt always easy.

Comment

But what is the point? What are you trying to get across to others?
                      CR8Z: "No, I've not been good, but as an American, I'm entitled to everything I want."

Comment

Why the need to even have Gamma? Usually when I call for a squad, I go by their squad number.

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
                        Erwin Rommel

Comment

Is there any point to this, or is it just to make it look nicer? I'm kinda confused here.

Comment

It would be nice if they could program it so that you have to label the squad instead of just the pre-assigned alpha bravo ect.

I think the standard INF, APC, CAS, NINJA INF, ect are fine how they are, no need to fix what's not broken.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Ok, as long as ?SPLOITS squad name is reserved for 5 man jack in the box sniper teams conducting close combat missions.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X