Our unlucky moments in PR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our unlucky moments in PR

With all the talk of rules and feedback our community is in need of some good humor and flashbacks of memorable moments while enjoying our game of PR. Lets get this started with our unluckiest moment in PR, or just an unlucky moment in general :)

-Getting shot and killed in the Chinese main on Qinling from a stray bullet. After I respawned I thought someone was camping our main and asked. Come to find out there was not a single British unit on the west side of the river/lake.

-A week ago in Wick's squad:

(Mortars are hitting us, so we're falling back)

Me: "Hey Wicks, you hurt? Need a medic?"

Wicks: "Nah mate, I'm fine-" *BOOM* (Cue Wicks flying into the ocean from a mortar landing directly on his head)

Re: Our unlucky moments in PR

A long time ago I was Squad Leading on Karbala, we were using our HMMWVsort of like bait and try to find out the concentration of RPGs to pinpoint the cache. Animal.mother was our CO IIRC and he spotted a cache, so my squad drove over, found it and killed it. On the return trip (mind you we were on the west side of the map, you know those dunes?), we drive right next a bomb car.... Now me being the spaz I am, floor it, trying to evade it. At one point I went off map to get past the median strip on the main road (was too far from the opening and knew if I tried to drive over it I'd slow down enough for the bomb car to catch up. Next thing I know I glitch into the terrain and my HMMWV does a double barrel roll and flies like 10 feet in the air, ending in a nice explosion.

Axis..... how do you get hit by a STRAY bullet at main, especially Qinling?
    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
    Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

I still have no idea. It was even a burst, only one.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
        I still have no idea. It was even a burst, only one.
        There's so much damage drop-off at that range...unless it was a 50cal it would have to have hit you in the head!

Comment

Originally posted by ZephyrDark View Post
          Axis..... how do you get hit by a STRAY bullet at main, especially Qinling?
          Well..in the torque engine, projectiles continue as dictated by relevant tables...forever. Unless they hit something. This leads to very odd situations where you can wind up eating a bullet fired some minutes earlier. It can also be used (as seen in youtube) to allow tank shells to be fired from one end of a map and hit the other, providing there are no obstructions. I trust most of you have been suppressed randomly and spent a few minutes searching for the source of the fire, only to finally give up and move on after no further fire lands near you?

One of the most random occurrences I've ever seen in a game was a random TOW missile landing within inches of my tank on Qwai. I watched the BR file and tracked the missile. It was fired from the US main defensive emplacement, ran out of fuel in the motor, began to arc downward, and then eventually lands (34 seconds after launch, still maneuvering. Turns out the weapon could still be controlled even after it runs out of fuel, it's just slower) right next to my vehicle.

Comment

Building an FO.

Suddenly hear a helicopter, but realise oh its a friendly havok.

Thuthuthuththu 'Aaaaaaah!' -Tk'd

I bust out load laughing. It appears the Havok got shot down, crash landed next to our fob, thought we were hostile and peppers me before bailing. I eventually, 2 minutes later, get a revive.

Comment

About once a week:

Mine... Mine... Skud, MINE. MINE!! MINNNNNNNNE! SKUD WHAT THE FU- *explosion*
              Skud

Comment

Oh, this thread is so perfect...

I never bothered to make this video public. Be sure to watch in full screen and pay close attention to the flight course of the shells.

CR8Z: "No, I've not been good, but as an American, I'm entitled to everything I want."

Comment

That was EPIC, Savage... EPIC

In-Game: |TG-Irr|Dreves

Comment

Originally posted by Silly_Savage View Post
                    Yeah that was pretty unlucky... but you should of had that second shot! :P

Comment

But that's the thing, I did. View the video in full screen and watch the trajectory of the shell; it goes right through the guy!
                      CR8Z: "No, I've not been good, but as an American, I'm entitled to everything I want."

Comment

See silly that's why you should just stick to infantry,and sniper rifles vehicles just aren't your friend.
                        |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

About a month ago, on that insurgent map with the hills (not Archer, forgot the name...)

My squad is patrolling a hill above a road, when suddenly I spot a full enemy squad walking parallel with us on the road below! It was perfect, we had the high ground, they had no cover and they somehow didn't see us. I quickly alerted my squad, carefully aimed at the Squad Leader and shot him straight in the head.

It was like an old Western; everyone stopped moving for a split second and looked up. Then, all at once everyone opened fire where they stood.

After about four or five seconds, and with half the enemy squad dead and one or two of my team-mates badly wounded I finally realized that we were shooting at a friendly squad. I was on the US team but had been carrying around a Lee Enfield I found earlier, and in my anxiousness to ambush the "enemy" squad I had gotten the factions mixed up :icon_lol:...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Not an unfortunate moment for me, but certainly unfortunate for someone:
                            TG vs TTP scrim on Muttrah. West city/east city border building. My squad is busy fighting off invaders. TMan cant seem to stay on his feet. I revive him, he moves, goes down. Revive again, move, down...again. This happened over and over and all we wanted to do was to get to the stairs to go up a floor for cover. Well, I guess the guy who was shooting TMan repeatedly got tired of him getting back up, so he runs over at point blank range to attempt to shoot me while i'm reviving TMan yet again. There was smoke out, so I couldnt see him coming, but just as I click the mouse to drop the epipen into TMan's torso, a single enemy foot comes into view.

Stabby stab goes the epi into the foot. TTP guy goes down. So remember gents, if you're going for the up-close kill on a medic, keep your feet out of his face lest you get killed by an epipen.

Comment

I didn't know you could kill enemies with epis!

You just made sure that I'll try to ninja some guys Emergency Room style...
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X