thank you all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thank you all

Hey guys, I just got back from Kenya a couple of hours ago, left camp at around 10 yesterday and arrived home at 11 today.

It was only a month, but it has changed me profoundly; to see people living their lives to the full when they don't even have clean drinking water shamed me and has given me a new motivation to live my life to the full.

To that end, I am leaving the DEV team and will probably never play FPS games again (though I'm bugfixing burning sands for a week or two so get those bug reports in fast) ; instead putting that time and energy in to gaining a nursing degree and treating every day in as if it is my last.

But I wanted to thank the members here for their comraderie and fun, its the players that make PR the sucess it has been.

Re: thank you all

Rudd you've been great to contributing to the PR community. You're a good person and I hope whatever you do in future you have every success behind it.

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
    Erwin Rommel

Comment

Yeah it was good playing with you, and you have given in my opinion alot to the TG community. You will live on in your Burning sands contribution - great map by the way.

Good luck going on to help other people (as a nurse) and to make the most of LIVING.

Comment

An amazing post Rudd.
        Best wishes to you in everything bro :)

|

Comment

Wish you the best of luck Rudd.
          You have and will always be my favourite DEV.
          Every single time 'Failed Oil Exploration' is an Objective on Burning Sands I will think of you and da*n you for that.
          |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

Good luck man. It's always hard to see that kind of suffering, but there is so little you can really do except as you have said live your life to the fullest.

Hope to see you around some day though!

Sap

Comment

Very cool stuff Rudd. I had a similar experience about 8 years ago, which is what motivated me to get my nursing degree. It's a very very rewarding career. Best of luck to you man. If you need any help with your studies or any tips on nursing, please dont hesitate to get in touch with me!

Comment

Best of luck man!
                Sounds like a good choice :]
                sigpic

Comment

My thanks goes out to you Rudd.

Best of luck to you in RL. Come back soon and visit us :D

I am the Infantry FOLLOW ME!!!

Comment

Good luck Rudd. It is great to hear you were motivated on your visit. I wish you the best of luck in all that you do.
                    sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

Without doubt the most positive thing I have read on the forums for a long time. Best of luck to you Rudd, stay in touch, I would very much like to hear how you got on.

Comment

Good luck Rudd !
                        But don't forget, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
                        You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                        So that when they turn their backs on you,
                        You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

*salute*

Goodluck, godspeed, thank you for all you've done and may fortune smile upon your efforts.

Comment

Good luck to you, but dont let one experience guilt trip you into stop doing the things you enjoy in life. There will always be people suffering in the world that you normally dont see. But if giving some things up is what you need to get your butt in gear and get that nursing degree, do it.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Rudd thank you for all that you have given. Good Luck on your endeavors and I do hope you come back to PR in the future as a player on the servers from here to there. Than you personally for keeping me in check from time to time and showing me various different tactics and tips as well as letting us preview Burning Sands in the very early stages of design.

I wish you well but I do hope this isn't a indefinite hiatus from PR.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers you cheeky bloke.
                              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                              Level I HazMat Technician
                              NYS EMT-B
                              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...