Event idea: Operation Dudeswarm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event idea: Operation Dudeswarm

Hey all! I had an idea for an event that isn't entirely a match or VIP deal; the concept is simply to go through motions and generate foundations for some awesome media that could be used in promotional trailers for PR.

On the TG private server (WITH BATTLERECORDER ENABLED), with autobalance, squad restrictions on vehicles, and auto-kick for not joining a squad disabled, run a commanded routine with at least 55 players on one side (nine full squads+Commander), using specially modified versions of particular maps. Ever thought it'd be awesome to have 50 jets do a bombing run on the bunkers in Kashan with random AAA firing up to oppose them? Or a gigantic formation of Challenger 2 tanks rolling through Burning Sands with Apaches flying close cover? Or 10 Hueys dropping off an amphibious assault force on Muttrah? Or a 64 man infantry platoon trudging through a city searching for insurgents? Or... everyone flying transport helos in a 50+ man force over any 2-4km map in the game.

Thoughts?
    Whether by air or on land
    foes crumble at my command.

JaFaR Ironclad, at your service.

Re: Event idea: Operation Dudeswarm

My first thought is no.

But I have a kinda yessie after taste.

Heads up though the private server can hold no more than 20.
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Use the public server during what's normally a lull period?
      Whether by air or on land
      foes crumble at my command.

JaFaR Ironclad, at your service.

Comment

If you get 50+ poeple it won't be a lull, lol.
        ;)

|

Comment

My question for you is what is the promotion video going to be for? If its like something to get vanilla bf2 players to come to PR, then I mean that would be a good idea.

I don't think that a buncha hueys in a convoy landing in on a beach or 50 bombers would depict TG gameplay, nor any gameplay in any server in any game. To promote something is like how movies show trailers that give a taste of the actual movie. I wouldn't want people to join TG PR and be like where are my 50 bombers.

Its a cool thing to see though. I had a dream a while back where we could be on ramiel and have a convoy of APC humvee etc go through the city. Then have like RPG teams and insurgents on the roof tops of both sides. If you've seen con air, that seen in the junkyaard would be a cool thing. Have like an insurgent drive bomb car disabling first car and everything back there just go to hell. Then we could show the TG leadership by putting in voip of the SL's working to revive people and cover each other. Then show like a commander in UAV sorta like the LB in Blackhawk down assess the situation and calling the Kiowa on the roof to gun down the people in a strafe.

I thought about that for a while back then ^^.
          csxgamerz

Comment

I like it but i don't think it would be a good source for videos, since these things don't happen in PR.
            For that, we only need one thing:

Originally posted by JaFaR Ironclad View Post
            TG server WITH BATTLERECORDER ENABLED
            However, such an event would be a lot of fun except the jetrape part :)
            sigpic

Comment

I think its really just too hard to control 50 people even on a PW server if you want to make certain scenes. It is possible but like others have said, maybe using the normal team balance and asset layouts would be better to show what this game can truly be like, not just a modded directed version.
              |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Storyboard it then come back and pitch. Know what each person is going to do during each stunt and what the camera angle is going to be. Know what you're trying to convey and who your demographic is.

You're never going to get support if you just pitch "Let's get 50 dudes together for sweet videos! yaaa!" We all know that will end in disaster.
                "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
                -Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Comment

oh snap, why is there no battle recorder anymore?
                  csxgamerz

Comment

Originally posted by csxgamerz View Post
                    My question for you is what is the promotion video going to be for? If its like something to get vanilla bf2 players to come to PR, then I mean that would be a good idea.

I don't think that a buncha hueys in a convoy landing in on a beach or 50 bombers would depict TG gameplay, nor any gameplay in any server in any game. To promote something is like how movies show trailers that give a taste of the actual movie. I wouldn't want people to join TG PR and be like where are my 50 bombers.

Its a cool thing to see though. I had a dream a while back where we could be on ramiel and have a convoy of APC humvee etc go through the city. Then have like RPG teams and insurgents on the roof tops of both sides. If you've seen con air, that seen in the junkyaard would be a cool thing. Have like an insurgent drive bomb car disabling first car and everything back there just go to hell. Then we could show the TG leadership by putting in voip of the SL's working to revive people and cover each other. Then show like a commander in UAV sorta like the LB in Blackhawk down assess the situation and calling the Kiowa on the roof to gun down the people in a strafe.

I thought about that for a while back then ^^.
                    I completely agree. Convoy ambush is always fun to watch, followed by airstrike, followed by bombtruck, followed by remaining 6 man squad tries to extract on foot, with by Blufor mortar support of retreating inf while techies scream by, followed by INS Sniper taking down a blufor, then the blufor get squeezed in a tight perimeter... then you know what gets called? BROKEN ARROW!!!! Queue mortars, JDAM, Airtrike, whatever, massive explosions abound.... fin... add the very first 5 seconds of the BF1942 theme for throwback reference.
                    This is buckets of WIN. :)
                    We should do an AAS version too. INS i think is just cooler IMO.

Originally posted by BoogyLoH View Post
                    Storyboard it then come back and pitch. Know what each person is going to do during each stunt and what the camera angle is going to be. Know what you're trying to convey and who your demographic is.

You're never going to get support if you just pitch "Let's get 50 dudes together for sweet videos! yaaa!" We all know that will end in disaster.
                    Indeed. Get volunteers. (I VOLUNTEER!!!) Set the expectation about who is planning the shoots, and who is merely a participant. There must be 1 director, not 50. If they volunteer its on your project, not theirs.

Originally posted by csxgamerz View Post
                    oh snap, why is there no battle recorder anymore?
                    Welcome back.... It's been this way since shortly after your... hiatus?
                    Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                    A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

I volunteer too :) I don't know if I could do any first person recording, I might, but it'd depend on whether my CPU feels up to it.
                      Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                      Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

It sounds interesting and you could also look at the filming of a massive air drop or armor battle as proof that TG is about teamwork and that with teamwork, even impossible events can happen.
                        I volunteer.
                        You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                        So that when they turn their backs on you,
                        You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Just to get battlerecorder working again on the standard server would be more than enough. I've seen tons of unbelieveable gameplay on TG that I like much more than 50 jets doing bombing runs. Incredible stuff happens on TG sometimes, stuff that many people almost won't believe because it happens nowhere else. But it would be lots of fun, I'd happily volunteer for some filming sessions and editing if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by BoogyLoH View Post
                            And if you contract with boogy, keep in mind that I am his stunt double so you have to consider that into the compensation package.

Comment

Originally posted by WDT_Alpha_s9 View Post
                              And if you contract with boogy, keep in mind that I am his stunt double so you have to consider that into the compensation package.
                              Does that involve a lot of make-up or any prosthetics ?
                              You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                              So that when they turn their backs on you,
                              You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X