cheap and reliable mic ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap and reliable mic ideas

Well back before the .9 update i could barely play the game cause it was too laggy but now it works aside from the few bits of lag that everyone seems to get every once in a while based on the videos I have watched. Only problem is that I don't have a mic headset to communicate. I tried jumping into a server without one yesterday and I was confused most of the time since my squad leader wasn't saying or typing anything and giving weird move orders on the map that no one else including him would go to. So I was wondering if you guys knew of any good mics I could buy that aren't expensive.

Until I get one I guess I will keep checking the servers for a good squad with a leader who doesnt mind typing a bit.

Re: cheap and reliable mic ideas

You've gotta keep VOIP enabled from your sound options menu, it sounds like you were missing both sides of the conversation, instead of just not being able to type responses to spoken questions.

I'm using a headset from plantronics, set me back $35 about 11 months ago, works alright, not USB sound.

Comment

$35 sounds nice. Well I forgot to mention that he also didn't have a mic. Now that I think about it I should have just left the squad and joined another. Oh well it was late and I was tired. There were two other guys in the squad with mics who responded. I could hear them but of course could only reply by typing. I am pretty sure VOIP is enabled.

Comment

If you can hear them, yes, VOIP is enabled.

Comment

I picked up a cheap Cyber Acoustics headset mic for $25 from Walmart of all places. It is not USB put it does have flexible mic arm.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

I wouldn't go for ACAP (As cheap as possible).

Headsets are pretty important and it's mandatory that you can hear anything around you and that others can understand you without any problems.
            BUT the far more important reason is the headset itself. You have to be comfortable wearing it for quite some time, so if you can... try some before you decide. Weight, earpieces and headband (Or whatever it's called) have to be very comfortable. After an hour or... six things can get uncomfortable and you shouldn't get a headache because somethings too tight or too heavy.
            sigpic

Comment

$30-50 (the prices listed on their website or whatever) is a good area for a cheap-but-good set.
              Of course, if you can find one of those "$30-50"s at a cheaper price, go for it.

Comment

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Logitech...0mic&cp=2&lp=2

I had this Mic for a year, before the left headphone started to die out. It has wonderful mic quality, and great sound for $23. I'm also pretty rough with my headphones/headsets, so to find a cheap mic that lasted as long as it did was wonderful.

Comment

Even more good suggestions. Yeah I almost forgot about the comfort of the headset. The one that came with my 360 has an earpiece that makes my ear itch after a while which is distracting when your trying to concentrate on a battle, race, etc.

Comment

I totally use a set of Sennheisers and a clip on mic.... if you have the money for nice headphones do it, your music will sound better and your game will too.

Comment

Not very cheap, but then again you will never need another set: Sennheiser PC 151.

Link:http://www.sennheiser.com/comm/icm_eng.nsf/root/05351

Comment

I agree with the sennheiser if you got the money.

Comment

The sennheiser looks nice. How much is it and where can I buy one. Stores both online and offline would be nice cause i would prefer to go out and get it quick than wait a couple a days after purchasing it.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-.../dp/B000NOR89Y
                            PC 151, however the product pictured on the Sennheiser site is the 161 which has padded earcups, IMHO worth the extra money.

Comment

Very nice alright then I'll get it once I have the money. Thanks for all the help from everyone.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X