Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribbons - or lack of that is

Greetings all!

Wanted to remind the community about the ribbons program.

There were only 2 ribbons nominations in October, and none so far in November for Project Reality play. Donít forget to nominate your fellow players when you see something great out there on the battlefield and want to recognize someone for outstanding effort.

How to submit a nomination:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/awards-submit-nomination/

Also, donít forget that there are also ribbons for many different things, to include volunteers and trainers/mentors. Some of these are often overlooked, like Drill Sergeant and Distinguished Volunteer.

Supported ribbons:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...e-ribbons.html

Just a reminder to those that may already know, and those that have not yet participated in the ribbons program here at TG.

TMAN
    sigpic

Re: Ribbons - or lack of that is

Just to let you know, Ribbon's link for nomination guidelines returns an invalid topic or post forum error. In addition, the full supported list is a splash page redirecting you to TG.

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...-presentation/

that forums has stickies about all the ribbons and a Nomination sub-forum.

Good reminder T-Man
      Viking

Comment

I made like 5 nominations, all about people playing on the PR server. One got shot down because of lack of votes. Having more ribbons in the sig would be nice, but I am not losing sleep over it.

I just checked. My last nomination was for Hoftranc who was the gunner with a guy who is not active on this board I think (am LP guy). He got with him about 50 kills on Kashan with the apache blowing up the mec all over and the way it looks they either forgot about the nomination, or declined it and didnt update me, which would be ridiculous, because getting 50 kills in an attack helicopter means you pretty much dominated the map.

Comment

So far I was hesitant to submit a nomination, since I've wanted to get a feel for the game and at least some judgement about what's worthy of a ribbon and what's not.
          But yeah, it's a good reminder. I guess I have to get used to take notes while or after playing. Write down remarkable efforts and performances.
          I don't really trust my memory on stuff like that... I remember the people who rock in my book, but it's more like an invisible list. I can't really remember WHY I think highly of them, but I do x]

Anyhow, I'll try to submit a nomination or two in this month.
          sigpic

Comment

Its bad form to announce who you nominated fyi, it can look (unintentionally) like tit for tat nominations.

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
              Its bad form to announce who you nominated fyi, it can look (unintentionally) like tit for tat nominations.
              Usually I dont, but this is waaay back and he did not get a ribbon anyway, in fact I dont even think the nomination has been processed or I have not been informed of the negative outcome.

Comment

Not trying to start a riot, just wanted folks to know that the ribbon noms have been very slow the last 2 months, and with .95 out, there has to be some great things going on that would warrant some noms....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by O=T-M-A-N=O View Post

There were only 2 ribbons nominations in October,
                  That's just about how many ribbons we have had in the duration of the life of BC2 :)

Former TG-21st
                  Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

it's hard to say when they are so many excellent players and i also think it's hard judging when someone done something extraordinary. i also suck at writing these stuff..

Comment

I think people do not care about nominations any more. And maybe because since a while our most regular players haven't played a lot like they used to and it were (at least what I think, but I cannot see the nominations) maybe always the same people who nominated?

Comment

Let me give you guys a couple things to think about with ribbons:
                        1. Dont rely on your memory alone! There are lots of ways to jog your memory of an event. If you witness a ribbon worthy event, write it down! I keep a little stack of post-its next to my computer that I write stuff like that down on. A quick note like "wickens slays over 9000 people on iron eagle NOV 8 15:30" is a great reminder. Screenshots work especially well if you're doing something that a score could remind you of (great medic? superior squad performance? logistics magic? screenshots of the main scoreboard and the squad scoreboard will help!). If you're one of those AV guys who likes to make movies, chances are you have fraps or some other recording program queued up and ready to fire off, so use that too!

2. Ribbons dont have to be epic novels. You canmake a ribbon nomination short and to-the-point as long as you get all of the pertinent information in, but MAKE SURE that its all there or it'll get shot down. They also dont have to be a straightforward AAR. I have heard admins comment that some of the best ribbon nominations they've read have been in story form. Try writing a ribbon nomination like you're having a vietnam flashback, it's fun!

3. Ribbon nominations dont have to be for one time events! Longevity ribbons are VERY often overlooked or unknown. ANY ribbon in the TG arsenal can be rewarded for a longevity performance. Had a guy who has been doing a great job all week but not necessarily been doing anything in Superman-style? Nominate him! Notice a player who you consistently see squad leading and pushing his team to victory? Nominate them! Know of someone who you've watched slaying bodies by the truckload for the last two years? Nominate them!

4. Remember the criteria for nominating people. Class I ribbons of any kind are VERY unlikely to get turned down. Class I ribbons are the baseline for performance. If you see someone who is competent at their job and doesnt have a ribbon for it? Thats a Class I nomination you should be writing. Class II-Class VI ribbons each require an increasing amount of mastery or stellar performance to earn after the previous award has been given. However, even the higher levels can be awarded for longevity. So if you've got a squad leader that you've seen leading a squad every time you've logged on since 2008 and he's already got a class III SL ribbon, nominate him for a Class IV for superior performance, commitment, and longevity to the position.

5. The biggest thing to remember guys is that while they may not always vocalize it, the admins LOVE reading these. No, I'm not being sarcastic or joking here. Ask them. Our super-badass admin team would much rather have to sort through 500 nominations than none. Reading the nominations lets them know that the community is in good spirits, that we're supporting each other and that we're having a great time doing it. In a passive way, it lets them know that they're doing their job right because the machine is running as it should.

Last, but certainly not least, remember that the ribbons we have dont all apply to in-game actions. You dont have to see someone kill an entire team singlehandedly or crank out 50 revives under heavy fire for a ribbon nomination. If you see someone who is consistently helping out on the forums, if you see an admin who is always around to help, if you see someone going out of their way to teach new players, WE HAVE RIBBONS FOR THAT! Distinguished Conduct, Distinguished Volunteer, Distinguished Drill Instructor. Thats what those are there for! If you're a CO and you want to commend a whole squad or, in truly awesome cases, a whole team that worked as a flawless unit, drop a nomination for Combat Action or Valorous Unit! There really is an award for everything guys and it feels just as good to see someone get a ribbon for a nomination that you wrote as it does to get the ribbon yourself.

This has been a Wall Of Text from the members of your Ribbons Community Team. Thanks for your time!

Comment

Look at the last PR ribbon award thread here for a few examples of ribbon nonminations: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ml#post1539761

|

Comment

Originally posted by sapientiea View Post
                            I think people do not care about nominations any more. And maybe because since a while our most regular players haven't played a lot like they used to and it were (at least what I think, but I cannot see the nominations) maybe always the same people who nominated?
                            I notice a trend of mostly IHS people doing it/receiving it. I dont see too many people from the server actually posting here.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
                              I notice a trend of mostly IHS people doing it/receiving it. I dont see too many people from the server actually posting here.
                              Help change the trend Bro ;)

|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...