Happy Birthday US Marine Corps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday US Marine Corps

Just a quick thread to commemorate the 235th birthday of the USMC.

My step-dad was in the marine corps, don't know for sure how long he was, but he served in Kosovo and Bosnia, he was deployed to Fallujah twice... and I believe he took part in something with Desert Storm. I don't know too much about his involvement, but I believe he said he was part of some sort of Special Ops sniper team. I need to see if can talk to him about some stuff he did, at least stuff hes allowed to talk about.
    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
    Former 31st RECCE Member

Re: Happy Birthday US Marine Corps

Semper Fi Marine Corps!

Comment

When you absolutly positivly have to kill everything.

Happy birthday marine corps. Semper fi.
      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Happy Birthday USMC !

RIP to my Dad, a Marine in WW2.

|

Comment

Oooorrahh marines!

Comment

Semper Fi, Marines! Oorah!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW4Gm5uFYQk

Birthday message.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Thanks everybody!

....errr, wait. I keep forgetting we share the same birthday. Happy Birthday USMC.
                |TG-6th|Belhade
                "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Happy Birthday to you too Belhade !

|

Comment

We should have done a USMC password day today. All USMC maps.
                    Last edited by Portable.Cougar; 11-11-2010, 10:11 AM.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

235 years of letting other *******s die for their countries.
                      sigpic

Comment

Forgive the intrusion but it is Remembrance Day today. Remembrance Sunday is on <you guessed it> so the whole people can pause.

Not that I want to be a kill joy and I remember letting it slide last year but I guess this year I'll side with informing it's not 'all American'. Sorry. But you need to know or it will go on and on and on; there are other perspectives and more important things. Can we keep the oorah, and party tomorrow instead? That I can do - it just doesn't fit right today. Has to be said. That's all. No biggy. If the words sound harsh they are not meant to but the information has to pass to inform. Let's tone down the swagger till tomorrow and remember instead, huh? I think that more appropriate don't you think.

Argh. I know it sounds harsh and I don't want to sound a pr***, I guess a few of you do think it but I am not, that's the wrong impression unfortunately. I'm just shy and can beat myself up and often do, and have a Corsican temperament which can lead to loud laughs, shouts, and tears in equal measures - But intrinsically good hearted, minded and thoughtful. But turn it on its head and take a good look at what it sounds with all the killing talk and oorah today, to people around the world. How does that sound? Forgetting or don't knowing, even good old pride, is one thing. I feel such a pr*** for saying this and it would stop me but this is informative that we can all use to be people on this Earth not kids in the playground seeing Johnny Foreigner, who is 'not like me'. So please remember then what today means and why around the world and in respect to all nations and people, to many, including the USA. The reflection it brings and why, is bigger.

That said: Happy Birthday Belhade and the US Marines. Hope you had a good one Belhade. Let's get the party on tomorrow.

For those that would like to know more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rememberance_Day
                        There is also a thread in Sandbox.
                        Last edited by Taip3n; 11-11-2010, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Marine swagger on the 10th, and Remberance today Tai :)

|

Comment

I can do that. Even swagger with you tomorrow :)

It's the posts today I guess, that's all. I mean no offence and sure that the others don't, which is why I am trying to inform keeping our minds open and open hearted; which is exactly the stance of my original post. So thanks for the smile :)

As a kind of proof I'm not trying to be a pr*** I'd forgotten too by this morning. So there you are.

Comment

Ohh Ra Marines.

Remembrance day here, and Sunday is a big one when we go to the family grave. Everyone in my crew flies home for that. Particularly poignant if you read the wiki link that Tai posted, the Northern Ireland section. Enniskillen is my home town.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X