Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear PR Devs, Why is the FAV still here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear PR Devs, Why is the FAV still here?

If you came in here to tell me to go to the RealityMod forums, then please hold your reply. This is posted here for discussion and maybe a PR dev will give answers -- if not.. oh well.

Accusation: PLA has the worst Mobility Vehicle in the game.

Evidence: Fast Attack Vehicle (FAV)

FAV:

Statement:

This vehicle is the worst vehicle in the game. In fact, it is so bad that it is more a detriment to the team instead of an asset. I'd rather have this vehicle be removed from choices than to be able to use them as they are bound to blow up and lose tickets faster than being helpful towards the team.

Why is this? Well, the most important and probably only grievance against this vehicle is the inability to give effective, continuous support fire in a vehicle friendly environment. Yes, I've pointed out the elephant in the room. This vehicle is so bad that when they a talented gunner and driver come against an infantry squad with no AT in sight, they will lose almost every time.

STOP. RIGHT. THERE. Before you accuse me of not understanding the role of these vehicles, I want you to take a good minute and think about this for a second. A talented Mounted Machine Gun against a smart 4-6 infantry will lose almost every time. Compared this to EVERY OTHER VEHICLE that is considered 'SIMILAR' to these two vehicles and that is almost NEVER the case.

A very similar 'open-aired' mobility vehicle is the Technical. However, you'll notice that although the gunner gets shot out from time to time, it is never as ineffective against infantry as the FAV is. This is because of the openness of the FAV against the relatively closed space of the techy. You'll also notice that NO ONE runs to grab the open-air technical. The reason? It's too similar to the FAV--and thus makes it horrible. Who wants to drive by a few enemy infantry that blind fire and kill everyone in your vehicle? No one does.

So, my question is, "Why the hate?" The Fast Attack Vehicle is, frankly, old technology and even harder to find. It was most likely modeled after the BJ2020, a vehicle that was modernized in the 1980s. Since then, the vehicle has been replaced by the BJ2022 and the NJ2045 came along as a HMV for the PLA. Frankly, it's being circuited out -- so why are we still using it in PR?

Beyond the fact that it's probably not even in use anymore -- it's not even an equal equivalent to what it's being compared to. Main example, Qwai river 16 -- US HMMWV vs PLA FAV.

This is a High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV) vs a Fast Attack Vehicle. Two different types of vehicles (HMMWV - FAV) are meant to be as equal. Here's another kicker -- the Chinese FAV can only carry 3 teammates-- go the same speed as a HMMWV-- less armor-- and A LOT easier to be shot out of.

So maybe the PLA just doesn't make HMMWVs? Nooope. Like I said before, the NJ2045 is the PLA current answer the the HMMWV. The BJ2022 is an improved, more protected, version of the old FAV that we have in the game, AND they even have an Humvee variation, the EQ2050 HMV! So why is this POS PLA FAV still in the game when there are so many better, more realistic options, and more equalizing options out there?

The FAV has been in BF2 since June 2005. Yes, since BETA of VANILLA BF2. It's completely blown away by any similar vehicle in the game and needs to be replaced or removed. It's an old, unrealistic model in a mod that prides itself on realism. So, why is it still in this game?

P.S. - I took out my opinions against the WZ551A and M113. I feel they are different subjects and need a thread of their own --however the similarity of open-aired gunner as being ineffective against something he should have no trouble being effective against is still there.
    Last edited by BoogyLoH; 11-10-2010, 10:01 PM.
    "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
    -Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Re: Dear PR Devs, Why is the FAV still here?

I personally enjoy the FAV. Good times to be had driving around shooting things on the move or parking on the beach welcoming incoming hueys to the island.

Do the Chinese have something similar to the HMMWV? It may be that they get it because that's all they have at the moment in PR or that's all they have period in real life.

Edit: A quick google search reveals BJ2S "The warrior"
    [IMG][/IMG]

Just see if you can bribe some DEV to make it for you

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

The BJ2S, aka the BJ2022, aka the Brave Warrior is the improved version of the BJ2020(aka our FAV). And yes, I would love to see this in the game instead of the BJ2020. I'd more like to see the NJ2045 though for an equivalent match to the Humvee.
      "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."

Comment

Make a sweet model of it.

This stuff dosent pop out of thin air
        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

FAV is for cruising the beach and picking up babes.
          |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

the issue with all of these is they are classified as non combat vehicles, so if you want them without a big ol gun on top, sounds good to me.

Comment

The FAV is still in-game specifically to annoy you. I heard you complaining about it before, so I made sure it would stay in the mod until at least v1.0; sorry.
              CR8Z: "No, I've not been good, but as an American, I'm entitled to everything I want."

Comment

i've always hated that vehicle. Its only good use is gunning down hueys on barracudda. But now that we have AAVP7a1.. they are again my most hated thing in PR.
                -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

The FAV is better than walking, imo.

Comment

NJ2045 looks like its a very tippy vehicle, lol just get a vw bus :) maybe just beef up the gun on the fav
                    |TG18|KevinS_1RCR

Comment

or we could ask for this one :D
                      |TG18|KevinS_1RCR

Comment

I'm going to say that light transport vehicles aren't a big thing on the 'to do list' because even the Russian Federation doesn't get a Jeep equivalent.

I know that the Chinese do have a Jeep class vehicle on Qwai and Wanda Shan.

One thing that has always bugged me is that a Humvee is equivalent to a BRDM. '_'

Comment

Actually, the Russians (and MEC) do have a jeep equivalent that's been in game since BF2 Vanilla release. The GAZ-3937 "Vodnik" HMV. However, it's not currently in the game for a reason I do not know.

Yes, that does seem like the Russian version of Top Gear....

Comment

FAVs are basically segways for snipers.
                            |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
                            sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
                            I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

Vodniks were in PR from .5 at least, till .75 or so. don't know why, but they were removed sometime around .8.

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=2SpzbOPcm58

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                              <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                              DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X