Kokan VCP's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kokan VCP's

So can we attack the US VCP where their trucks and bradly spawn? Ive seen two different answer on that one.

If not, why is it ok for the US to come to the INS VCP and destroy everything there. Lame how the Americans will cry and cry that we attacked their VCP, but when we go to get a techy all of them are burnt including the AA on the roof, which leaves us with only AA kits to defend ourselves with.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Re: Kokan VCP's

I go with the philosophy of, "If it's got a dome-of-death around it, don't attack; it's there for a reason."
    CR8Z: "No, I've not been good, but as an American, I'm entitled to everything I want."

Comment

You got to admit it was fun racing against the dome of death timer while in a bomb car, just to hit a curb and slam into a wall. Back when you were allowed to attack the Blufor main, of course.

Comment

I think the DEVS will remove the compound or at least the DoD and veh spawns for the next patch. (along with removing the silly cache spawns)

I think you should not be allowed to bombcar/mortar the compound but also the US should not be allowed to build a FB inside.

Also its different from a ins VCP because they lose tickets from the assets...

I believe there is a logi truck, three hmvs and a bradley there and they respawn every 10 mins (5 mins for logi); thats 15 tickets every 10 mins free for the ins to kill.

Comment

Destroying vehicles that continually re-spawn when no enemies are nearby is poor form.
          |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Ive only destroyed the US vehicles when they were building a fob in there, but I still felt bad. It just makes me mad that they can destroy all of the INS techies.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Thats how INS is though. Normally maps don't spawn a boat load of technicals outside of the INS main base, the case is changed by Kokan that spawns everything and its mother everywhere.

However, there is a huge difference between destroying assets that cost tickets (16 tickets in total) and assets that only afford manuverability and moderatre firepower, specifically when those assets already are spawning within your own main. Its always been a valid strategy to destroy any and all cars that Blu For comes across, why is it an issue when its technicals?

Basically, take the mosques in Ramiel, would you think that a Kiowa shooting into them be alright?

Comment

First, let's stop using the words 'cry' and 'whine' when describing the reaction of players on a team. There's no reason for that, and it's not crying nor whining. The fact of the matter is that assets spawn on that map in the dumbest of places and destroying them before the other team can every get them in the field is very, very poor form. This is TacticalGamer, so let's act like we're regulars here and understand the Primer. The rules and the Primer apply every time, on every map. Why do we need to have rules for every situation and scenario or have mapper-placed boundaries to keep us from doing what we know is wrong in the first place? This is the question that bothers myself and the other admins the most.

Secondly, this map is just the most frustrating piece of real estate every created from an administrative point of view. Spawning heavy assets on the opposite side of the map and having to run the gauntlet to get to it and get it out is just absurd beyond belief. Just from the realism argument it is the dumbest thing I've ever seen ("Hey! Ive got a great idea! Let's abandon this multi-million dollar infantry fighting vehicle next to a Taliban stronghold because we won't ever need it."). Ridiculous.

Making it 100 times worse though is the attitude of the players, who, regardless of tag or supporting member status, will look to gain the advantage no matter what if they detect the slightest of loopholes, and feel that because something is set up on the map the way that it is that it justifies their actions. Caches next to the main? Yeah, we're justified in firing into the main. Bradley spawns next to our main? Blow it the hell up! Vehicle depot an easy target? Boom!

At some point this game needs to take a sharp turn away from the realism argument and everyone needs to understand that it is fundamentally a game. We don't need to have a burn and pillage philosophy to be victorious. We're supposed to be mature about things, and part of maturity is the self-restraint to not do something just because you can.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Why would any pass up an easy opportunity to get some cheap points/kills on the score board though?

Like I keep saying whenever one of these stupid threads come up and every argues over realism or whatever else. Just follow one simple rule.

Dont be an @sshole.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah first time trying the bradley on this map, I found out we needed to get right next to the taliban main, after 4 death and 30 min we finally made it, only to be chased by a bunch of bomb cars and blown to pieces.....

I dont know who though of this, but that was the wrong choice.

Anyway I never hang out close to both mains on kokan, I get low fps just looking in their general directions
                    sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X