Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bridge Too Far....

The true story of … A Bridge Too Far!

I'll begin by framing before the video picks up. ThirdSin has joined the server maybe 10 minutes after the start of a fresh round on Jabal.
    ThirdSin (to myself): “Hmmm, what do I feel like doing tonight.... Let's see.... Locked, full, locked, Armor...meh... Well, looks like that squad might be mortaring, I’ll run'm some ammo until I find something else to do."

So off goes ThirdSin, spawning right next to the Jabal bridge at a local FOB. After speaking with the mortar squad SL, I believe it was Dreadnaught, I receive permission to borrow their troop truck to run them ammo for a bit.
    Off I go, back and fourth, enjoying the desert scenery.
    Alas, I've now dropped as many crates as I can with this truck... Now what? Let's see if that AA next to the bridge is manned. Off I go, moseying up the small hill directly next to roadway and on the MEC side of the bridge. As I crest the top of this hill.....

ThirdSin (to myself): “Those dastardly scoundrels!!! They've blown the bridge into a million bits!!!”

Really, this bridge was blown a great many times. They had a field day. I was surprised this was done;
    1. With local inf so close
    2. So many explosives!!!
    3. So early!!!

ThirdSin (to myself): “I SHALL AVENGE YOU POOR BRIDGE!!! YOU HAVE NOT SEEN YOUR LAST USEFUL DAYS ON MY WATCH!!!”

Off I wonder back to main, seeking a Logi with which to provide other vehicles passage over our critical supply route.
    And I wait....
    Both Logis were in use, one by Bullseye who was being his very useful productive self, sustaining the war effort near West Beach and Dam with FOBs, and another squad was using the other.
    And I wait...
    YES! Here drives a Logi! I believe it was Bullseye's squadmate Taip3n, who returned to main. I walk on over and ever so politely ask to borrow the truck for my noble cause. After some internal discussion I'm guessing, ThirdSin is granted possession of the Logi!!! Thanks Bulls/Taip3n!

Off I go with Taip3n in the passenger seat. I back up to the bridge, hop out, check my alignment... Looks good. Mouse wheel, CSB, *Click*.....
    Waiting....
    SWEET! My first CSB deployment. This is going to go swell.

And now the video picks up....

The video is great, I'm glad my new PC has ample HD space for recording with Fraps. The sound and video quality is great. I'm using Windows Live Movie Maker which seems adequate for what I'm doing. I might explore other programs to add some more flare ;-)

Making this video was fun. Thanks to all in the squad, team, and community that in their own little way contributed!

Hope you enjoy!

Just posted this, hopefully youtube will process faster. Currently only available in 480p, should be much higher res available in a bit.
    Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Re: A Bridge Too Far....

in the time it did take to build that csb bridge i would have driven 10 logi trucks to the area of east beach (without north bridge) :)

but i think all of you (25% of our team) at north bridge had fun while my squad (4 players) were defending west beach (with help of zaboo and others from radiostation).

| | | |

Comment

That was an awesome video, I got a good laugh at it. Wish I could have seen that in action, however.
      Blackpython / ZephyrDark
      Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Hehe. Great vid. Nice touches. Good to be part of it.

I was part of a small group that supported Bullseye. Had come over from Radio Station and saw the abandoned Logi truck by the FOB made along the sunken dirt road. My SL (sorry forgot your name :/ ) gave me the go ahead then and later. He later returned the other Logi and can be seen on the other side of the bridge as we were fixing it but then went round the long way.

"Can I have the Logi"? Caught on the hop since I had just literally pulled up, "Oh, yeah yeah that's why I brought it back, no problem". You explain your dastardly plan and after a brief chat with my SL off it started.

Comment

ah good times were had there, as the commanding officer of Disastrous Bridge Building Inc, I would just like to say we'll build you a bridge anywhere anytime you just supply the trucks!

Comment

I haven't laughed so much playing this game in a long time

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and take credit for holding off the entire US team with my mortar sqd.
              You're welcome! :)
              |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
              sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
              I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

Thi has inspired me to play again :D

Comment

Lol, I think most of the time those bridges are used it get's to the point where it's passed usefulness and it becomes just a mission to see if you can do it.

I like the fully loaded BTR floating by.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Man I totally thought that was a CAS Huey coming in at the end... expecting him to blast you all and destroy your hard work. Excellent team building exorcise.

Comment

Originally posted by WDT_Alpha_s9 View Post
                      Man I totally thought that was a CAS Huey coming in at the end...
                      It was CAS.

The USMC wasn't doing a great job that round at all. At least that meant you could make this video, so I could watch Ristin fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial1 View Post
                        It was CAS.

The USMC wasn't doing a great job that round at all. At least that meant you could make this video, so I could watch Ristin fail.
                        Ahhh... must have been Chrisweb.

Comment

This was the round where I was out in the field spotting for my mortar sqd and after marking a LARGE group of americans, I called it off because they were all unarmed and surrendering.

I'm not sure how close they got to dam, but I hope they made it.
                          |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
                          sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
                          I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

LOL.

So funny. Ristins fail, the chopper. Cheered me right up! :D

Comment

Glad this vid is having some positive effects ;)

Yea that CAS Helo was amazing, with the timing of just having completed the bridge I was sure we were in for some hurtin!
                              A lot of the timing on this video was uncanny,
                              -My quote "I like to live life dangerously", followed immediately by the explosion of the repair crate. I had my Effects near max, trust me, that's LOUD.
                              -Deployment of the CSB in attempt to go doublewide, only to land directly ontop of a random BDRM! (luckily no deaths ;))

Overall this was a great learning exercise. I suppose one the key things i learned was just how slippery those CSBs are. If you're not careful you will slide right off, as Ristin learned ;)
                              Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                              A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X