Mortars skills?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortars skills?

All this time I though mortars actually required some skills to figure out the range, Ive done manual the whole time(yes I was very bad....) but then someone (sproge) told me you had the range automatically... I was very disapointted.

Anyway, if you run mortars and you see someone like me who had no idea about the range at the bottom map screen(yes I didnt read the manual..) then please dont be rude and show them how, Ive been in a mortars squad recently and the guy were very very rude, I ask em how to get the range correctly they didnt even respond...

So Like I said if you happen to meet someone in your squad who have no idea how to operate mortars, then please dont be rude and teach them.
    sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Re: Mortars skills?

Yeah we are all better than that.

What I don't get is, if a Squad Leader wants his squad to do good why would he not help them? People say how their K/D is rubbish or mumble under their breath that somebody in their squad can't do something. So help them maybe? In my opinion it's first class stupidity to sit there complaining and not do anything about it. Worthy of a medal, bah.

We are all better than that.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I read about those calculator things for mortars, pretty lame.

A lot of times if the person doesnt respond to you, they probably didnt hear you. Typing out questions helps a lot in game.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
        Yeah I read about those calculator things for mortars, pretty lame.

A lot of times if the person doesnt respond to you, they probably didnt hear you. Typing out questions helps a lot in game.
        They did say something later on, but that was not the thing I wanted to hear, they said 'if you dont know how to do mortars then dont do it...' wich is quite frustrating, I dont know, but these times there seems to be a lot of friction on the server.

Anyway About the mortars, with automatic range , its probably the easiest thing in the game, like I said its very disapointing, I though skills was required.
        sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Comment

How does it give you automatic range? Alt tabbing to a separate program?

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

If you are in a mortar you can see the range on the bottom of the capslock map, same as the SL. There are third party programs too, but in my opinion they are overrated and not necessary. The actual firing and range/elevation calculations doesn't take much skill indeed, it's how you can use them together with the rest of the team that needs experience.
            It's just like any other deployable asset in that they are fairly easy to use as long as you have it in the right place at the right time.
            sigpic

Comment

Well there's certainly skill necessary to use motars in an effective way.
              There's always a margin of error involved in the distance and the first shells will almost every time miss.
              It's at those times when a spotter says or types "Mortars 40m to the SW" that the mortar crew has to use their own judgement to estimate the new angle and bearing. Of course the SL could set another marker and the mortar crew could get a new fireing solution, but all of that takes time.

Precise, quick and flexible responses to firemissions is certainly not as easy as it sounds.
              Destroying a stationary object with 10 mortar rounds is, of course, piece of cake.
              sigpic

Comment

I've been practicing a little on a local server and in prsp but would really like the chance as would many others to try it in-game with a mortar squad.
                Lately they have been locked at 3-4 players with no interest of unlocking, it would be neat to see how it works and even neater if those who have been using them a lot and have gotten good maybe take an interest in making guest appearances within TGU and host a TGU Basic Mortar firing and Coordinator/Target Acquisition Course(s).
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

This thread has wet my lips to learn Mortars.

Comment

If its the same people doing it every round, ask politely if they would mind letting someone else have a go. This is a mature community, share the toys. (Little secret Randy, re mortars, been there, done that, got bored, went off, capped flags).

Comment

Randy, as far as I know, a TGU course is planned.
                      (Katanama said something like that, iirc)

Other than that... Get in one of those squads or just ask two guys before the round starts to do it with you.
                      It shouldn't take long to get the grip on the whole mortar thing if you've read the manual.
                      sigpic

Comment

Next time I play I could run a Learn mortars squad, it really isnt that hard

I enjoy doing them when I get feed back on impacts, but if no one is talking or marking anything I have no desire to run them. It turns into me asking for corrections or enemy locations with no responses or anyone using their radio.

Comment

As Vouk should be well aware, an expressed interest in game or in the forums and a little encouragement is all you need to try out a new toy.

;)

Comment

Indeed... Even if the game engine screws your first attempt and the next experience on a half full server leaves you being called an idiot for a noob mistake... x]
                            sigpic

Comment

But in the long run, a handful of tickets, a few tks, even one round is small potatoes next to the outcome of learning how to use a new asset!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X