No announcement yet.

Impromptu password/pick-em event today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impromptu password/pick-em event today?

I know this would be somewhat short notice, and I know I don't have much say in server affairs, but I have an idea, and I'd like to see what people think of it.

Can we run a password event of a single CNC map today at about 22:30 or 23:00 PRT today (In about 2 hours as of this post)? I think most any map would work, but I think it would be fun for a change of pace and trying something new if we did Qin Ling. Flag layout problems aren't an issue here, and I think with organization it could be made fun.

Thoughts?
    Whether by air or on land
    foes crumble at my command.

JaFaR Ironclad, at your service.

Re: Impromptu password/pick-em event today?

server population is laughably slow tonight, a friday evening... where's all the euro players? oh, right, 24/7 kokan...

Comment

Every time we run these short notice pick 'em nights we catch **** from people. It really makes us think twice about trying to do something for the greater good, you know?

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
        Every time we run these short notice pick 'em nights we catch **** from people. It really makes us think twice about trying to do something for the greater good, you know?
        I have no problem with the greater good or events... it's the short to no notice that the server will be locked that bothered me. I'm no longer a supporting member though, so you can take me off that list. Easier to get on when it's locked anyway!

Sorry for being a bad apple, Dispo. :(

Comment

No reason to fall on your sword, Alpha. Believe me, it's more than one person that has responded negatively to this.

Just tired of getting kicked in the sack trying to do something fun. Dispo pity party is in full swing today.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

No reason to fall on your sword, Alpha. Believe me, it's more than one person that has responded negatively to this.

Just tired of getting kicked in the sack trying to do something fun. Dispo pity party is in full swing today.
            I'm all for not impromptu pw nights. Would love to see that. Improptu nights are only fun and fair to people who are on at the time of the decision... with warning people can plan around it and at least not be surprised to see the server full and locked. Its a kick in the sack to miss out on a great semi organized night (as they are few and far between) just because of a few minutes.

That being said, when you are a part of the lucky group that gets to play on such a night it is fun and well appritiated.

Comment

Dispo, we've played together since both coming to TG in the spring of 07. You and I both know that PW nights are always a good way to get some good games in.

If anyone would care to illustrate to me how PW nights, no matter what amount of planning, hurt the server, please do tell. Because I've been around here for quite a few years now and I personally fail to see how a PW night hurts anyone.
              Skud

Comment

PW nights hurt my ability to focus on work/education. :(

| |

Comment

I think i can almost speak for everyone who has played PR here at TG since .8 and before when I say I miss the weekly Thursday Night and Sunday Day PW Events.
                  /end announcement

Bring them back!!
                  /end declaration
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

We had some good rounds today, I left after they skipped Ramiel, wasnt happy about that.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                      I personally fail to see how a PW night hurts anyone.
                      Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                      PW nights hurt my ability to focus on work/education. :(
                      /thread

Dispo, redirect all those PMs to me. I'll have fun with them, you get to relax.

Comment

I remember being *kind of* mad about one PW which I wasn't lucky enough to be online when it started, but I wasn't mad at the server, or at whoever did it, I was mad at the fact that I didn't happen to be around at the time. Then I simply suggested doing them with a notice. But I do like PW nights, announced or not. Even if I come in late, I like them.

I know that I didn't like that I didn't know if I was going to be able to play, because it only said "be there". Maybe adding "feel free to join when somebody drops, be on mumble waiting room" would do the trick :)

Anyway, go for it next time. Don't mind about people complaining too much and I'm sorry if I contributed to the belief that surprise PW nights are not liked by some.

In-Game: |TG-Irr|Dreves

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X