Something needs to be done about Beirut Map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something needs to be done about Beirut Map

We need to stop allowing the South bridge to be blown. The other bridges are OK but S Bridge should be looked upon as Fool's Road bridge. It is a pretty poor tactic to blow that bridge. In order to fight for the flags which is what the game is meant to be the IDF have to worry about losing the South Bridge and getting out of their main.
    Yesterday we lost two logi's at the very edge of our main to lose the game. It is ridiculous that on TG tactics like this are allowed. I was told that one was supplying a HAT well that one was actually exploded going into our base on the island and disappeared from the map in front of the gas station there.
    If we are to leave an entire squad on the island to protect our bridges then the rest of the map is going to be relatively easy to for the Russians. This tactic has got to stop or place a refill station in the A13 compound too.
    This map used to be a great map to play and one of my favorites. It needs to be fixed.
    sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Re: Something needs to be done about Beirut Map

If there are three possible bridges to use and I assume some places to deploy CSBs I don't see whats wrong with blowing one of the bridges up.
    |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Brettwad, i was the driver of the BRDM in the water outside of your main at the end of the round, but i can assure you that we were not firing into your main, in fact from where we in the water we couldent even see any of the assets in your main. we were on our way to your south bridge because it is the only other place on the map with a beach head that we could make land fall. (our factory was being camped by HAT kits that would kill us before we could make landfall). at the end of the map (the last minet or so, we took a indirect AT round and had alarms going off, just east east of your main there was a logi truck and a logistics APC with crates droped and next to them was a guy reloading an AT. we killed him and his assets, all of witch were in play.

i just wanted to get that clear, because you make it sound like we were base rapeing. i just want to be very clear that that was NOT what happened.

also as a side note, why dident you guys drop a CSB?

Comment

Did I say just one of them? The idea is we are supposed to be fighting over flags. Just like the US bases on insurgents if you have to leave one squad behind to protect a bridge it is a bit ridiculous!!!! You can blow the Nothern bridge up all you want and mine the middle bridge until your hearts content but leave the southern alone. We cannot shoot from the main to protect the bridge anyway.
        sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

Both sides i think have OK arguments. Its a bridge, it should be able to be blown. However, if its right next to main, perhaps thats not reasonable.
          I'd compare this to Fools Road. Isn't the rule that the bridge is off limits? Or is that due to the dome of death?
          Maybe a larger DOD, but even that would be problematic. I'm not in love with the main base spawn location. I'm actually surprised it took so long for a thread like this to start.
          Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
          A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

er, the Fools bridge out of the Brit main is fair game now that there are CSBs. And if someone takes your bridge down, just drop a CSB or two on it. I personally have yet to play a round of Beirut where more than 2 bridges are in some way made difficult to cross by the Russians. generally the Russians are more concerned about not getting blown off the land and back onto the carrier then they are about sealing bridges.

yes, yes, CSB's are hard to do, I'm aware. hopefully they'll be easier in the next patch, but they're still possible to drop, especially if there's only one section that got blown (which is fairly likely considering the amount of traffic around there).

it's not like Beirut is balanced anyway - Russia often has bad positioning and has to fight for every flag beyond factory (and rarely gets there), plus now the RPG in the Russian HAT kit is ABSOFRICKINGLUTELY HORRIBLE. no, seriously, last night we determined its effective range is about 30 meters.
            "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

Originally posted by sporkife View Post
              er, the Fools bridge out of the Brit main is fair game now that there are CSBs. And if someone takes your bridge down, just drop a CSB or two on it. I personally have yet to play a round of Beirut where more than 2 bridges are in some way made difficult to cross by the Russians. generally the Russians are more concerned about not getting blown off the land and back onto the carrier then they are about sealing bridges.

yes, yes, CSB's are hard to do, I'm aware. hopefully they'll be easier in the next patch, but they're still possible to drop, especially if there's only one section that got blown (which is fairly likely considering the amount of traffic around there).

it's not like Beirut is balanced anyway - Russia often has bad positioning and has to fight for every flag beyond factory (and rarely gets there), plus now the RPG in the Russian HAT kit is ABSOFRICKINGLUTELY HORRIBLE. no, seriously, last night we determined its effective range is about 30 meters.
              Effective range is 30M if you don't compensate for range.

I would agree that it was really stupid. But not only were they C4ing the bridges, but also mining them, which tends to be even harder to deal with.

Comment

umm I thought we had some sort of glitch with the CSB?
                |TG18|KevinS_1RCR

Comment

Yes the CSB does NOT work!!!!! So using that as a solution is NOT an option.

Mantak the first truck to disappear off my map was at the gas station the second was at the refill station. I asked the question what happened to my team and the answer was vehicles were being killed inside the main.

Since the South Bridge is insight of the main and extremely close it should be off limits otherwise we should allow IDF the ability to shoot from this main and protect if possible.
                  sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Comment

not sure what to tell you, we deployed CSBs just fine on jabal. we were in the water and we dont have a view of your main, so if someone killed your trucksin side your main, it wasent my BRDM.

other then that i cant realy say much about how you were haveing probmus gitting assets out of your main.... im still bitter about haveing our factory camped by AT :/

Comment

The CSBs are tricky in my experience, but not bugged AFAIK. Mines yes, harder to deal with, but can be overcome. I guess the crux of everything here is "Keep the fight away from the mains".
                      Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                      A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy_Solo View Post
                        Effective range is 30M if you don't compensate for range.
                        well, the effective range is "however far your luck will hold". as far as I can tell, it doesn't have a consistent drop, and goes either long, short, right, left, or a combination of one of the first two and one of the last two on every shot. I barely managed to kill a logi from above at 25m after crouching for 10 seconds scoped in on it. and it's not like how I don't know how to use an RPG - I've hit armour at 200m+ before reliably with militia and INS RPGs. it's just not consistent.
                        "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

maybe trying another version of beruit where the main is not on the island
                          sigpic

Sig made by : majorissuez99

"Killing a man is murder unless you do it to the sound of trumpets." ~ Voltaire

Comment

Firstly, this thread belongs on the PR forums if you want a map change made.

Secondly, if we're looking for a rule, there isn't going to be one. There are CSBs available for exactly this type of thing and while they aren't exactly the most vehicle-friendly things, they get the job done. If nothing else, they're good for a few laughs :)

Bridges are fair game because the destroyed bridge can be overcome (never said it would be easy, but they can be made usable). They can be protected if the team that needs the bridges desires it.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Brett, unless you're talking about some specific bug with Beirut, CSBs do work and can be used to bridge the gap.
                              The Fools Road rule was in place due to the fact that there was no way to cross the bridge previously, and that's no longer the case.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X