Rivality

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivality

Hey, I couldn't post this in the Sandbox sub-forum for some reason. If an admin could move this thread or inform me why I can't post there, that would be great.

Rivality is a browser-based, RTS-style game set in modern day. A lot of us on the forums are just getting into it. We're looking into creating an alliance for Project Reality and/or Tactical Gamer, but we need more members. The game is totally free, you just need to register.

If you'd like to register and check out the game, you can try it here: Rivality Registration

It takes a bit of time to get going, but it's pretty addictive. For the most part, we're all located in the northwest segment of the map (-,+).

Come help us out! Post up your base coordinates so we can stay in contact.
    Last edited by Silly_Savage; 11-25-2010, 09:38 AM.
    CR8Z: "No, I've not been good, but as an American, I'm entitled to everything I want."

Re: Rivality

To post in the sandbox you have to be a member of the permission group called the sandbox. I think this would be just as well suited for the general forum not the sandbox, where you can post.
    If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Okay, thanks. Would an admin rather move this thread there, or should I create another one?
      CR8Z: "No, I've not been good, but as an American, I'm entitled to everything I want."

Comment

This isn't really sandbox material anyway. I'd put it in general discussion or hardware and software.

Comment

It looks like a rip-off Evony.

EDIT: playing it now and can tell you its a very poorly designed game. Half the stuff doesnt work, the Information icon doesnt even work, the guide has only 3 pages and clearly isnt finished because the text is cut off... Aside from that you gotta spam build for the orders to update... Im going to try it anyway maybe its just me exclusively.

Comment

Silly - further to your enquiry about not being able to post in Sandbox, there is a sticky in that forum that will guide you how to apply.

Comment

By the way... If you post a referal link... you should tell people it's a referal link.
              Or else it looks like you're just luring in people for your own good.

(I hate referals... no offense dude ;) )
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart*
                I haven't clicked the link but can you post more info about? Comp specs, size of the DL? Is it free?
                browser based game, nothing exciting at all.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

I did just register but the one major caveat I see, and I don't mean to insult you at all silly is that in order to possibly really excel in the game you will need to purchase credits/become a VIP member. Off the bat I can see that being a hindrance.

I know the game is most likely in the early stages but has there been any talks of making it an app for android/iPhone owners? The only reason I ask is that these types of games in app form do extremely well.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Hey, just got back from Thanksgiving vacation. Rivality is just a small browser-based game that is starting to become popular on the Project Reality forums.

It's an RTS-like game that is played in real-time. The game is set in present day with modern equipment and vehicles. The objective of the game is to build up your own base while simultaneously attacking and attempting to take over enemy bases. It's a bit slow to begin with, but as you upgrade your buildings, things start to progress more rapidly.

We have even started an alliance based on what sector of the map you are in. I am in the Project Reality Command North West alliance.

Comment

I retract my previous statements. It is quite fun so far, the only question I have, is how can i Join the Alliance and how do you add/recruit players which are already in game as friends? I have clicked the link that Afterdune posted but it doesnt show how I can join, or be a recruit.
                      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                      NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

Ah damn, you clicked AfterDune's link, but not mine?

:/

You've done the right thing by going on the PR forums and posting your base coordinates and asking to join the correct alliance. Unfortunately, at this time, Project Reality Command North West (PRCNW) is currently full. We are looking to expand by adding more alliances. We do have one other available at the moment (Project Reality Command East), but it isn't really convenient to join if you're in the northwest sector of the map. We're looking into it.

Comment

I'm in the center of the map, i clicked random place setting just bc at the time I really didn't think anything of it, I did ask to join the PRCE, and was accepted. I will say that I was completely wrong with my original posts, completely, this RTS is turning into a nice work distraction and is quite fun. It's very interesting, and like many RTS, especially web based ones patience is necessary. I do hope at some point this expands to app form because it would do extremely well!

I think I did add you as a friend? if not I will.
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Subtle bump.

PRCNW and PRCE are now full. I believe we're working on forming another Project Reality alliance. We have over 50 members currently and are seeking more. If you're interested, go ahead and register.

Post up your account name and base coordinates on the Project Reality forums. It would be a good idea to somehow indicate you are associated with the Project Reality alliances. You can either do this by putting the abbreviation, "PR" somewhere in your base name or you can state that you are an associate of the PR alliance in your base information.

Comment

Here's the link on realitymod.com in the off topic forum:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f11-...d-pc-game.html
                              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                              NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...