X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday Password Day - November 26

All

Password Day will start around 9am CST (1500 GMT) and run until whenever.

Here's your map list:
    Jabal Skirmish 64
    Fools Road 64
    Beirut 32
    Kashan Desert 32
    Lashkar Valley 64
    Wanda Shan 64
    Muttrah City 64
    Al Bashrah 64

Password will be available in the rules thread here

Don't forget that the sign-up for the Wanda Shan scrim (December 18th) will open at 10am today.

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and that you're all ready to spend the day battling your friends after being caged for 12+ hours with your family yesterday.
    Last edited by Portable.Cougar; 11-26-2010, 11:33 AM.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: Black Friday Password Day - November 26

Decent map list IMHO. :)

Will try and be there!

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
    Erwin Rommel

Comment

Looks like fun. I'll be there.
      Semper Fi, Marines.

Comment

So how was it?
        I left after Beirut. I had a great time as CO.

Boogey - great job with transport you got us in and out of some tough situations.

Dispo - stand up infi sq leading as always man. Thanks for trusting me there at the start. I know mottoes seemed like a good thing but without your guys were never would have had the power to cap those points.

Warlab & TMAN - you two were great. Forward observation, scouting LZ's, forward flag Intel, ambushing. You two did it all with no complaint and zero micro managing on my part. Always in the right spot.

EEF CAS - guys I can't begin to thank you enough. I know at round start we both were unsure of each others goals. Fantastic work with the havoc. You only came in when we absolutely need you. Always got the kill and never lost a bird. Thanks for being so patient.

Foxxy - on point defending. You never complained. In fact you thought I was giving you a hard time when I thanked you for defending. I promise I was serious. You kept the enemy at bay allowing our attackers time to exploit the enemies weakness. The 1 time you peeped up on the radio you casually spotted their whole team moving on us at rail. You were able to keep them at bay until the havoc could come in and decimate the area.

Supercobra - calm, killed, moved on. no BS, job done.

Bulls - great logi as always. Fb in the right spot without having to ask. You got the final area attack in sealing the deal and allowing us to cap out the IDF

All and all I had a great round. No rushing, no shady tactics. We just pushed, worked together and accomplished our goals as a team.

Very gg guys thanks.
        Last edited by Portable.Cougar; 11-26-2010, 11:57 PM.
        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I had a great round on Lashkar on the German side; Jafar was a pretty decent commander; he didn't micromanage us or send us on a fool's errand and when our objective ran counter to his plan for our squad, he easily shifted to accommodate our goals which ended up with our squad destroying the last cache to end the round.

It was one of the more enjoyable insurgency rounds I've had in awhile.

GGz

Comment

Joined near the ending of PW night and played Lashkar Valley however not for long and rolled with Boogy's squad. Then the server crashed on Wanda Shan. Then after I had a decent round of Asad Khal. (sp?) Chris managed to get 23 kills and I managed to get 16 kills... with mostly doing infantry, techy and improvised techy. (I.e. a civilian car mounted with PKM) :p It worked well. :D

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
            Erwin Rommel

Comment

Karkand. Joined server put on Cougars team with everyone else. Typical in collective, not typical in what team I get put on. Switched to lesserknowns on other team; it is password night after all. Made squad. 'New' players join.

Enemy team make a form of Queens Gambit on North Bunker to exploit into our territory and backheal us, tell team constantly, no one responds until half way through by another who noticed at last. Squad battles it out with remarkable twitch shooter in one bunker that can shoot through walls and keeps enemy at bay. Squad keeps enemy squad/s at bay while rest of team fathom the north hills amongst selves. Finally team wakes up but we loose flag through the Gambit fulfilling its point to make us backstep. Round ends with squad digging out enemy on North bunker and retake in process but alas opposing team has troops in north village. Round ends with loss on tickets but not a rollover. Gambit has paid off which was a known result at the point of loosing breath informing team of their actions in the first place and no one listening. Conclusion: Pity about the SL channel coms until too late, advise ears to all. Self advise to speak up and make self heard and get over being shy or 'not in'. Concern over twitch maestro. Good game squad.

Lashkar Valley. Raised eyebrows all round as three unknown caches drop straight after being revealed. Last one takes a matter of seconds as we are all checking maps at this point. Seems lucky coincidence enemy making FOBs in same area bar the one near insurgent main whilst going for the prior cache. Leaves bitter taste in mouth for newcomers. Overall conclusion: concern over TG reputation.

Comment

Thanks for the Kashan round, Taip3n. Although we lost by quite a margin, it was a pleasure to fight on your squad. Some damn nice bunker assaults!

Comment

I agree Taip3n on the Insurgency maps things are a happening there that does not seem right in TG, it just wasn't yesterday though it has been the last few weeks. The unknowns are going a lot faster than the knowns for some reason and this is without spawns on the unknowns at all and not even anyone in the area.
                  sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

Hi Taip3n. I can give you the scenario where one of your unknowns was found, since mysquad literally stumbled over it (I'm not joking, we were walking to the river and it was in the grass, we thought it was a log or something).

Below is a screen shot that was taken a while after, but that known cache was still up. You'll see that the FOB location at point Utah, we were flanking south and walked upon a unknown cache. TBH i was really confused because i thought we had 2 intel markers up already. As it turns out, we had just taken one down not long before.
                    So, during our attempted advance, we ran into stiff resistance from fighters in the hills to our SE and crossing the river to our south. My squad was killed a couple times a piece, but the FOB wasn't overrun, so we were able to respawn.

After about our 2nd time dying up there, we spawned main and attacked from the point Delta in the south, only to get harrassed by a very talented and well hidden sniper to our E and a couple infantry in the village we had to dislodge. That little vill we walked into was a killzone and a half. I don't think we ever found him. Hats off to that bugger, he was infuriating because he was taking us down so easily... Damn you!

Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                    A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Beirut was a great round. Cougar CO'd extremely well. Namebot and I were doing a Spandrel that lasted all of 5 minutes on the land. Alpha and chicken were excellent in their APC and were right on track helping support everyone. I really liked this because our APC squad was supporting infantry the entire time and moving them really fast when the flag capped while they didnt have to worry about TOWs or Tanks because of our havoc and recon squads.

Kashan was a slightly frustrating round but still fun. Dispo and my squad were the assaulting infantry squads on North Bunkers and that entire map was an assault bunker, wipe, assault, wipe take of round. I was laughing with Wickens the next round on how bad we both did. Three bad nades (the last one resulting in my on suicide) I threw trying to get inside a door. Thankfully I had some better squadmates that made us last longer than we should have.

Lashkar was fun. Jafar CO'd really well. The team was organized and following commands and we got really lucky on some of those caches. My squad was following orders well and got into a few caches a lot easier than what I expected (the underground cache and the cave cache). Dissappointingly, the APC's weren't that much help, but that might be a compliment to the AT/bomb cars of the insurgent side. To be quite honest, I'm surprised we pulled Lashkar off as well as we did. If it wasn't for the 3 unknown caches (2 were of my squad -- one we stumbled upon as we heard a PKM in the area firing -- the other Jafar randomly found) that we got, it would have been an insurgent win.

As for the unknowns going down a lot more frequently than before-- this is partially a result of the new algorithm in place for cache distributions. For maps like Op: Archer where there are a limited number of house groups the cache can be in, it is extremely easy to check them out. Even with no contact movement, sometimes people clear a few houses because it is possible there might be a cache here. The same goes for many other maps. If you can remember where the caches were placed, then gray out that area for anymore caches and look in other areas. Once you see a few people, follow them and check their movement patterns. Check car movement patterns. If you see a PKM or RPG and a cache hasn't recently been destroyed around this area, then it's a high probability that a cache is here. If there are random FOBs with no mortars or spg's near them--then you get a high probability. Etc. etc.

I've been banned from other servers because of this knowledge. Even when you do not spawn on an unknown, it's possible to find it faster with the new algorithm in place. Even if only one person spawns, or a fob is nearby, or someone drove a purposely damaged vehicle from a spot away from the cache. If they get spotted -- the enemy can find out.

Sorry for posting off-topic, but I have a real pet peeve about the recent accusations of 'ghosting' caches. I think they hardly ever happen and am tired of people first accusing without realizing how the enemy could have spotted that cache. All it takes is one guy.
                      "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
                      -Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Comment

My squad destroyed the last cache on Lashkar (which was unknown), but we couldn't have done it without the help of our Taliban friends dancing around on the top of a cliff playing grab-arse with one another and trying to punch each other out. My squad moved in from the north trying to take out the known cache, and ran across these revelers when we found that they were reveling around a cache. Of course we killed everyone and 86'd the cache, but not because of anything as fancy as an algorithm or as uncouth as non-TG. It was the dancing.

Will we learn nothing from Footloose?

Comment

Hey Third, thanks, although I had a knowing eye in my statement I’m much an openminded guy and enjoy coincidence; I am not bad at the game PR either.

I was in that squad that crossed the river and you were fighting south. Amongst defending the cache directly we had noticed the choppers to the east and were searching out FOBs. I can therefore understand it is a lucky co-incidence you stumbled on the cache. The last cache was much like this too.

At this moment I’d like to point to Boogy’s adept insights into PR. He is not the only operative in PR to use this and other information. It is then that all are readily explained. It is then a happy coincidence as well as a master class here. To be part of the happy coincidence is in the annuals of PR for me, with an addendum to the time when PR maps worked with the ‘can’t be here’ algorithm, is great. It was a pity for the Insurgent team who wanted to put up a fight of it. We had our sails taken away from us numerous times when we had hoisted them. So to us it was a bit of a “Blaaaargh”.

It is not unreasonable then to assume that some would find it suspect. And indeed people did. They were irritated and less accompanying of happy clarity. It is not the fault of your team. I am glad then that you and Boogy expressed your correct thoughts. I find it enjoying and freeing we can speak in open company arising from a matter that could have had its exact opposite nature and the questions unformed dwelling in fear. This fear incase of sounding slight could have the direct contribution to feed the fear of non communion and then debase into noncommunion through fear and the separation of groups into assumptions of others, resentments and a dogmatic prowess of fear vigilantly overwatching with its knowing eye all those that bound to make party.

At risk of sounding hippy Gandalf had knowledge too.

The drum mantra from the prior map also has some function. People had fought hard and there was frustration, if you let it rather than use it as a weapon aptly, as my squad was. The negative fustration of yet again unbalanced teams and the infurtiation of things not coming right in game, and other such sums of things add a peppered spice. It’s not my problem due to my actions that people seem happy to unbalance teams or think that such attributes as to them being good players or strategicians.

The only time for a while I can fairly say the last occurance of adept significance in tactics was when Cougar et al came up with the dominance over ground tactic on Fools Road, when the higher hills west side of the north south road leading to helibase, dominated overwatch ground to the opposite side of the road where the hills were lower and the flag situated; one side of the hill on the flag being out of bounds making them effectively control the flag and a killing ground, not in the flag. . I have similar memories of personal achievements, I was one of the first to revolutionise the Vodnik in Kashan for example, singularly with my squad wipping the enemy team defending north village as they came in with helis, or in the same spot actually but another time, using the L-AT to kill 6 or more humvees whilst my squad desperately held a small hill in an over dominant bumrush from the US team to the point shortly afterwards the final straw was pulled on the RPG and it got nerfed; it aint what you know it’s who you know.. Not to sound bigheaded, but we don’t all sound out to our ickle groups propping eachother to the ‘look at me, I just did it and didn’t say a thing but got on with playing with the newcomers and not being a groupy. All that time ago and still doing it.

Lastly, I am glad to hear Boogy’s exploits on Kashan. The aim of my squad to frustrate and eat into the back of the enemy. It is further satisfying that the apparent twitch maestro’s luck was the only thing to keep the dragon from roaring. Instead she sleeps ready to eat as she has before numerously; gnarled and leathered back mistress. Huntswoman and make doom, and can wryly smile a pass a slide a happy coincidence on another good game to those who would ‘think’ they are.

Hey Boogy, really appreciate your input and am glad to say I follow you as I know. I personally believe your geat insights would help a sticky if ever one were made for player who is learning and who wants to learn more to hone their PR gaming skills. I am glad of the input and insight to it and it applied to password night. Thank you.

I am glad my squad fustrated you, it was our aim. All I can say more about Kashan that night is: ;-)

To no one particular: None of what I write is with an accusatory finger so please don't read into this that, though understand I understand about groups naturally and if you feel a pinch it is perhaps your guilt rather than my love for you all or my stance and attitude here.

Finally if you've managed to get this far then I'll add the glorious tidbit that I'd rather be a big fat baboon than a big fat buffoon and get with my brethren. But I digress.
                          Last edited by Taip3n; 11-28-2010, 01:39 PM. Reason: slight edit for clarity

Comment

This is why Insurgency is, for me, becoming no fun to play on the Insurgency side. If we utilize the knowledge of the algorithms to play the map is that really fun for anyone? Oh well there will be plenty of folks who do it. It becomes frustrating when you are putting up a fight on a known cache and have 2 or 3 unknowns go down during the fight with no one around from the Insurgency team around them.
                            I for one will be teamswitching when it comes to insurgency to get on the bluefor from now on. I will not use the knowlege of the algorithms to play as it is an unfair advantage, but I will also not sit on the Insurgency side fighting while unknowns are going down in multiples.
                            No reason other servers ban, it is probably appropriate.
                            sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

This is absurd.

Since when is using your brain an exploit?

The amount of complaining because you got out-thought or the other side applied better tactics is simply mind-boggling at this point. Why is that losing a round justifies ranting about it on the forums? Why is it that losing a round means the other team used non-TG tactics?
                              Last edited by Portable.Cougar; 11-28-2010, 03:12 PM.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X