Looking for like minded people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for like minded people

I'm looking for people to form a group who are willing to give up some of their TG PR play time. What will you be doing with the time once given up you ask. Well you will choose not to play with the people you know but the people you do not. I know some of you do this already on your own. My goal is make it a bit more organised and to increase the frequency at which they happen.

The purpose of this group:
    1. to spread our expertise as players to the inexperienced.
    2. To help facilitate communication within the team. By going commander or by communicating on mumble for a SL who does not have it.
    3. to help out our over burdened Admins by telling the new and inexperienced how we do things.
    4. to grow TG and improve on the player base we already have.

This will not be a one time sign up. If you are going to do this then you will do the following on the day(s) you plan on playing:

1. make a post below with the date and your in game name.
    2. make sure other people who have signed up are not on the same team as you or that you are all evenly spread out.
    3. have fun making new friends

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Re: Looking for like minded people

Nov 27 2010
    TGXV Masterjack

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

It's a sad day for TG when over 100 people have viewed this but no one wants to step up and help the server. These bullet points need to be a primer of it's own. Helping new players, facilitating communication, and being a leader of this community are very great actions that I wish other regulars would share. When I see an unlocked squad of 6, I can name the number of long term regulars on one hand that will be the SL of it. I wish this would change and I applaud Masterjack for stepping up and trying to make it change on his own. Please don't ignore this thread. Please give it some of your time and thought. Even if you don't want to join the group, think of the ideas he is putting in motion.
      "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
      -Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Comment

I can name the number of long term regulars on one hand that will be the SL
        You must have really big hands.
        I don't follow a regular schedule so I can't sign up for anything right now but I already do that stuff and I think many others do as well.
        You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
        So that when they turn their backs on you,
        You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Nov 28 2010
          TGXV Masterjack

Comment

I'm in no way discounting this effort. It's admirable. It's also been done before in many other threads that I myself have participated in along with many other regulars.
            This is what happens - We get a zeal to 'become better' and 'better the server'. We get on our white knight high horse and proclaim we will be part of the answer...
            Sometimes it lasts a few days, or a couple weeks hit or miss. But the end result is that is always a few people that want to go out of their way to do it. And they burn out when they realize so many other regulars seem like they couldn't care less. It's a shame.

My opinion. Just play everyday like a TG community member should. It doesn't mean not locking your squad and teaching everyone everything you know everyday. It might mean running a INF squad with the goal of getting through to some newcomers once in a while. It might mean running a Logi/Fob squad once in a while so a certain someone doesn't have to do it. And it might mean keeping your squad open for one round instead of grouping up with the same 3 people you always play with and locking it.

Don't expect people to be sterling ambassadors for the server 24/7, they are on the server to have fun too. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't make an effort to give back once in a while.
            Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
            A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

I'm glad you point that out Thirdsin. In no ways do I expect people to be sterling ambassadors for the server 24/7. However, being an ambassador a few matches a week with the idea to help would be an improvement. I understand it takes great effort, but it would be nice to see more take that effort.
              "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
              -Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Comment

Boogy its been 1 day since the thread was posted, give it time. For example I read the thread after a long trip to and back from a school sport, didn't know how much I wanted to play, who was on, what I wanted to do so I just left the thread blank and went to play. I don't really want to commit myself by putting my name in this on days when I'm unsure of what I'm going to do or how long I'm going to play, that's not to say that when someone doesn't put their name in this thread they aren't going to do the things that Masterjack stated which is what everyone should do. I think at least 90% of the community tries to do these things, while still playing with their friends that they have found in the community either in the same squad or multiple squads working together. About the number of locked squads I think you are exaggerating quite about, and the number of people in the squad doesn't mean much, it depends on the role. Should I have a unlocked 6 man squad if I want to run a single Humvee just to make it seam that I'm not "excluding" certain people?
                |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

YTman
                  Nov 28th 2010
                  7:30 PM

--EDIT--

Ran a wonderful round on Barracudda with the likes of;

Philman
                  DarkDiggler
                  Kash706
                  Tokisan
                  Chu
                  Aeron

My round started with me as Chinese but I checked the teams and saw the count to be 32-30 so I switched to the USMC and started a squad.

The squad started off small being me, Philman, and Diggler for a time. We let the rest of the team hit and take airfield while numerous times we'd hit the Bridge objective to try to hinder their mortars, AA net, and supply line. But each time it our attack would be intercepted plenty easily. One time we called in CAS to hit an AA site, but they were shot down on the run.

Eventually we pulled our attention to supply fort, by this point I had Kash in my squad as a rope man. We moved into the bottom of the supply fort by the cave system after an arty strike destroyed Bretts squad. The initial walk in was relatively easy, but as we pushed out we were ambushed.

By this point our constant attacks had drained our supplies and our FOs around airport were dwindling in numbers. So I took the time to build three FOs (utilizing a huey pick up for speed), thanks Scotty!

Apart from a sneaky 50 cal APC we sported a calm R&R time.

Then finally we attempted one last hit on supply fort. Coming from the north up along the mountain we entered the trench system after calling in mortars to kill a saw/marksman. Our incursion got us as far in as the Farm House, but soon we fell to a swift counter attack.

With every attack failing and our tickets falling really low I decided one last time to hit the bridge flag in an attempt to get behind their supply route and hit their FOs that kept in the reinforcements.

Despite the hard time I had attacking bridge earlier on this last time was nearly perfect. An enemy ambush was thrawted by a flock of birds, alerting us to their location. Realizing that our cover was blown we decided to attack in the most direct way possible, across the bridge. A firefight persisted for a minute or two across the bridge as the squad, probably a 3-4 man squad, respawned and reinforced. In an attempt to cross the bridge under light fire we threw smoke at the far end.

When hostiles were down or retreating we pushed forward into the bunker complex south of the bridge where an FO and two soldiers greeted me, unprepared. With a quick pull of the trigger they were both down and we accomplished what I had set out to do two hours earlier.

From there we pushed to a further north FO, hitting a couple hostiles along the way. During this time most of our team had successfully infiltrated the Supply Fort and had turned it nuetral.

Anticipating a cap we were told to stay and take bridge, but feeling that the cap was taking too long and that our ticket pool was dangerously low (near 40) I ordered my men to abandon our prize and hit the fort from the east.

By the time we got within range our tickets had gone down to 11 and a CAS chopper was flying dangerously around the fort. The cap had stalled, but was slowly moving up. In a last ditch effort I went commander and asked for an artillery barrage.

As I called in the artillery the message "round is ending" went in the top of the screen. I quickly pressed tab to see our ticket count and saw our 11 tickets remained. We had capped supply fort!!

It was a wonderful game and all my squad memebers performed wonderfully! None, minus Aeron, are regulars and they performed the same through defeat and victory.

GG and thanks squad!
                  Last edited by Ytman; 11-29-2010, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Thirdsin you are correct and that is the reason for this thread. We can not do this on our own it takes a group. I hope this is the group/thread that will prevent people from burning out trying to help. If others see that they are not alone and have someone who is dedicated that day to helping, it might make a difference.

Comment

I try to help out when needed. I hate squad leading, but if the team is lacking communication and what not I try to get on to help out. I will even command every once in awhile which is mind numbingly boring now without the UAV to keep you busy. I dont really see the need to sign up for it or say you are doing it a certain day as it should be the mentality on TG to use teamwork and communication to win/kill the enemy whenever you play.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

I try and will continue to try to do my best to promote and be a like minded person. There will be times that I will squad up with players I know but I will help do my part in promoting masterjack's plan of action.

November 29, 2010
                        |TG-31st|Magnum.P.I.
                        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                        Level I HazMat Technician
                        NYS EMT-B
                        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Nov. 29, 2010

|TG-69th|Berlancic2

sigpic

Comment

As a fairly new PR player, I commend the OP for his efforts. Without this sort of mindset, I doubt I'd still be playing PR right now. For me, there is no comparison in fun factor when you (as a noob) get to play in a somewhat experienced squad with an adequate SL. These times are by far the most fun for me right now in gaming. Some of the least fun times include spending hours on the server trying to get into a functioning squad with a SL that actually communicates and knows what is going on. It seems at any given time, each team has only 2/3 squads which are actually joinable, and of those, they're usually filled with noobs or others trying to find guidance. Those matches make for a complete waste of time and a lousy gaming experience. Some day I hope to be experienced enough at PR to be able to pass down the knowledge to those below me, as many have been doing for me so far. Please keep up the good work, man!

Comment

Alright, considering my supreme and absolute laziness, I'm just going to say that I'll be doing this for everyday unless stated otherwise.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X