Seeding Poll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeding Poll

Long gone the days when the TG server was full 24/7, we all known how difficult it can be to play a good game early in the morning or even the afternoon, its even difficult for our euro players to play a good game late in the night sometimes.

So I just wanted to know what would attract you on the server when it is almost empty?

Im an early bird, wich means im always up early in the morning, sometimes I check the other server player list and I see a lot of regular TG players on other servers and even In house squad sometimes, I mean if all those people would go on tg and seed for let say 10 to 20 min the server would be always full. I dont like playing on other server because of multiple bad experiences, so even when the server is empty and I feel like getting shot at..... I still get on the server in the hope of a fast seed wich never happens, If more people would do their part in seeding early, it would be a heck of a lot easier, I know it can be a boring task but every player needs to do is part.
    number of players actually on the server
    29.27%
    the map being seeded on
    34.15%
    or a combination of both
    36.59%
    sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Re: Seeding Poll

Well I don't find seeding boring once you have more then 6 people on the server because then you will usually be able to do some playing of some sort. The worst bit is sitting there for 30-60 min alone sometimes but then I usually find something to do.
    If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

yeah I know Kat, you are one of the regular seeder I see, this poll is mainly aimed at people who play on other servers till the TG server hit a high population mark , then join when its around 30-40 players
      sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Comment

If I have fired up PR then more often than not you will find me seeding the server rather than surfing other servers; though I do like to see how the whole PR thing is getting on, experience other places and at times like to rumble away with people I wouldn't normally meet, spreading the TG word there by my actions (and of course that boils down to my name too which I care about so I try to represent that as well equally and likewise). And so a low significance of the time you may find me hanging out elsewhere - and do enjoy its significance but a significant time is spent here. I don't care a jot about the map though understand some are specifically hard to seed though the perfect map they all cant be, all the time, population full or not.

Comment

I seed every once in awhile. I would say that it's usually the map that brings people. I think insurgency is good for seeding, the caches help bring the fights to one place where you can have a fire fight with just a few people.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

I consider myself a regular seeder (lately due to rl issues not as much as usual).
            from what I can tell, more people join smaller maps (1 km maps like Asad Khal i.e) if there is a low number of players on the server.
            Insurgency maps are also very good to seed the server.
            You will always see me asking an admin to change the map if its not one of those mentioned above,
            because of what I have experienced when I was seeding.
            Players rarely join a server with 6/64 on Kashan Desert.
            Players often join a server with 6/64 on an Insurgency or smaller map (smaller map guarrantees more firefights and therefore more action)
            ..which is way I chose option nr. 3 in this poll, 'or a combination of both'.
            |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

I'm a fan of small 16 player scrim maps to seed the server, but I always hear that the large asset heavy maps are what makes the server seed faster.

Comment

Map is surely the most significant for me.
                The though thing about seeding as i've found the past few days i've tried - You don't want to play by the time the server is seeded 1 -2 hours later...
                Going though maps with 6 people, ok, you just mess around. Maybe 30minutes later you have 10, more messing around. 30minutes later yoou have 20, semi organized, but frustrating gameplay. 20minutes later 30-40, still semi organized and frustrating. Once you get to 40ish i think the pop goes up pretty quickly.
                But it's playing through the early parts which is tedious. I try to go afk for large portions, but i'm at my PC... So i want to play.

My 2 cents
                Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

When looking for a server to join, I know as a Pub player, I only ever look at two things when joining a server. Ping, and people in the server. If there were 10 servers at near full, with decent ping, I may choose to play on a particular map. But even then I find a server I like and typically play it regardless of the map.

In my experience, Asad Khal has been an excellent seeder map. I'm not so big on the insurgency idea, but that's because of my personal preference.

Comment

*in regards to the first option I chose, the names of players I see seeding also goes into effect. Normally during the few times I've seeded I have had the chance to actually squad up with players who I normally don't get the chance to. For example - two months ago I helped seed the server with the map being Gaza and I had the chance to play with wicks which tbh I can't remember the last time I was in a squad with.
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                    Level I HazMat Technician
                    NYS EMT-B
                    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I want something to do while seeding and I hate skirmish maps.
                      Larger maps with more toys to play with are the best seeders I think because it can keep the seeders busy while waiting for others to join.
                      You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                      So that when they turn their backs on you,
                      You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

The map is the deciding factor for any player number under 17 people for me. Infantry maps (skirmish aside) promise discouraging, drawn out slogs and long walks back from the respawns. Asset maps may not attract the best players, but they do attract players, and players are the key to attracting more players. (As paradoxical as that is)

Comment

Afaik skirmish maps seed very difficultly (is that a word?).

Insurgency is my fav to seed because the caches focus battle. The vehicle maps seed too, but they don't make for good games imo, because many 'asset people' join then that aren't much interested in getting the game going. I feel the insurgency maps transition better into proper games.

Lashkar valley racing ftw!

Comment

Mhhh good point with the INS maps.

But then again Asad Khal is pretty much a perfect seeder map. It focuses the battle on a pretty tiny area... There's no looking for enemies, you pretty much know where they are or where they come from.
                            sigpic

Comment

Asad Khal is a good seader map yes if it would not have 700 tickets to begin with. Yesterday we seeded the server with this map and it got so boring that I just left when there were 430 tickets left.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X