Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Black Friday Password Day Locked?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Black Friday Password Day Locked?

Why is the "Black Friday Password Day - November 26" locked?

1. I see no reason.
    2. I don't see who has locked it or a reason given.
    3. I am worried about Admin/TG transparency.
    4. I don't think people have had an opportunity to explain their words.
    5. I don't think people were flaming.
    6. I don't think people were ranting but what I do see is an Admin has chosen to use the word Rant to prop up their conception and mantra to others - when they were part of the issue at hand - they are always joining a stacked team to play with friends and are not showing Leadership. So why should anyone else do it when they do it themselves? Furthermore, it seems always the history of praise is in this elite group of players and friends (check ribbons) where no one else is recognised, so it is no suprise that other outlayers of players never get any recognition. Furthermore, it is these admins that change PR because they are friends with Fuzzhead and DB (I don't see other DEVS getting a word in edgeways.)
    7. The thread gets closed after the key word of Rant as an alibi to shut others up and continue a facade.
    8. The transparency of the Admins and their leadership is in Jeopardy for the wrong reasons and people continue to teamstack, and pretend they are not part of the problem.
    9. The pretence of friends and who is in power in PR development shuts out other DEVs in PR development.
    10. The closed thread has stopped people talking and explaining, ensuring healthy dialogue.
    11. This thread will likely get closed.
    12. This is worrying because nothing changes and no one admits to the deeper problems.

:(

Re: Why is Black Friday Password Day Locked?

It's locked because the thread was originally announcing the password event. It has gone completely off-topic into a discussion about flaws with insurgency maps. If we wish to continue the discourse on the flaws of thinking as an exploit and how bad insurgency is then I would suggest starting an appropriately named thread for that discussion so when people try to use the search function they can easily find it.

And, as usual, you're completely over-reacting.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Firstly, I was about to bring it back on topic. It has been the weekend.
      Secondly, I have not had the chance to reply.
      Thirdly, these are not over reactions but someone's insight into playing in TG for over three years.
      Fourthly, it seems a dialogue of asking questions about yours and Cougars actions are never allowed as all I see you do is play together - it seems then 1) no one is able to question you if it gets close to the rub. 2) It seems the question of senior admins leading by example in teamstacking and ribbins to friends/new players doing great things is never resolved. 3) History is written by yourselves and no one is allowed to say 'no' which keeps everyone silent. 4) This leads to non-transparency.
      Fithly, this is not an over-reaction but your motives and actions are, and this is telling that eventually you can't take critisism.

Sixthly - By no reason - please- Dispo (and Cougar) please do not read into critisism as being 1) Negative 2) Non - constructive 3) Over - reacting (this what the public see of your actions has gone on for months 4) me being the enemy. Instead, see it as someone who has been about a long long while, has smarts and can see into things, and is trying to help. Then perhaps we can proceed, instead of your over-reacting as per usual (don't twist it doesn't work with me and is telling you can't take it).

7) Merry Christmas Dispo, as per usual you and me seem to make this a Xmas thing, so please, remember this is in this spirit and I am an ally and friend, so read these words in this context.

Comment

I would not want you to think I am being 'ranting'.

Proposal then to help:
        1) Senior Admins and Admins - ensure- they play Random. That being they play on the side the server origninally gives them. Allowing the server give your place ensures random teams. This should ensure the leadership is taking the rein on Teamstacking. The others will follow as they won't if you wont - you are the people that lead by example.
        2) Senior Admins and Admins make squads to lead infantry regulary to great new players - and to recognise their triumphs. They are allowed as much recognition in the history of PR as the Admins and their Friends.
        3) Senior Admins and Admins will recognise their faults and allow dialogue when this occurs. They will begin to recognise that they are part of the problem and that they are not angels.
        4) Senior Admins and Admins have the right to explress opinion but are not allowed the right to close off others' 'ranting' once they have got theirs out expecting it to all wash away and for them to continue their hidden mantra - as the public will see it as this and find the Senior Admins and Admins wanton.

Comment

Ps: Admins like Wickens are known to be fair and so this is not saying all Admins do this.

I have had no satisfactory explanation as to why you cover up your friendship with DB who is the person that gets what he wants in PR development. Whilst other DEVs do not get a say in their own creation. I see no raised hands in what people, say you or Cougar, have had in PR development - it is always behind the scenes and quickly removed if it gets close to being talked about directly. No one ever dares offend you, which allows you to continue and suprises you with what you think is ranting when it occurs. I still remember the days when the RPG was nerfed after you got a good trouncing and other examples over the years - but of course I never got a ribbon, I wasn't in the gang.

Comment

I don't even know where to begin, but I'll try:

1) Cougar and I playing together. True, we often do. Is this a problem? We often side on the same team, but there are plenty of times when we do not. There are times we're in the same squad together, but countless other times we are not. I run open squads 99.9% of the time, although I may invite 1 or 2 other players to my squad, depending on what I will be doing on a given round. This gives me a good balance of players that are experienced and that I trust to the other 3 or 4 slots which I open to anyone.
            2) How are Cougar and I teamstacking when we're on the same team? I don't understand this at all. Please explain, and why are I or Cougar somehow responsible for teamstacking?
            3) Staying on the same team as when you load in. I do that almost all of the time. More to the point, why is it that the admins are solely responsible for doing this? Why aren't you proposing that everyone do this? Wouldn't that be more effective? Why must the burden of this fall entirely on our shoulders? We certainly do far more than our fair share of trying to ensure balance on the server, and frankly I think that each of us is tired of having to defend our actions and explain what we do over and over and over.
            4) Hidden 'mantra'. Are you serious? Are you saying you can't possible see the logic is moving a discussion to a more appropriate thread instead of hiding a debate about insurgency and cache locations in a password night thread? How does that make any sense at all?
            5) Lastly, the whole 'friends with db' thing is lunacy. For the sake of full disclosure:

a) I am (barely) on the PR Beta Test team. I do not have a [R-DEV], [R-CON], nor [R-TEST] tag.
            b) For the .957 release, I participated in 1 - ONE - test session. During that session we tested the damage rate inflicted on various apcs and Cougar and I tried to film a motorcycle jump on Lashkar.
            c) I have zero - none - nil - say in the design decisions, coding or mapping for ProjectReality. I am a tester, unless I have been removed from the team for non-participation due to my insane personal life.

I am 'friends' with db and some of the other developers through my position at TacticalGamer. They have used this relationship to do thins such as run the beta test on the rally point changes back in version .85, but this was more predicated on the population levels and quality of play on our server more than any relationship that I or the other admins have with the PR team. Additionally, I have been able to get the TacticalGamer community additional benefits through this relationship, such as being able to run Jabal 2 and Burning Sands prior to their official release.

However, most importantly, the admins at TG have a relationship with the PR developers simply because of the community and how we play on this server. I may be putting words into their mouths, but my guess is that they find that our community most closely aligns itself with their vision of how the game is supposed to be played. The truth is is that none of that matters to me, though, and that whatever the reason is I will continue to use this relationship for the benefit of the community. I certainly receive nothing for hosting events or running beta patches on our server except the knowledge that our community is helping to advance the development of a mod that an awful lot of us enjoy playing and want to see continue.

Where, exactly, is your problem with this?

Comment

I feel like tipan is writing all of this with a tin foil hat on.
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Firstly, I was about to bring it back on topic. It has been the weekend.
                Secondly, I have not had the chance to reply.

“I don't even know where to begin, but I'll try”.

Events are not usually occurring as a closed homeostatic event. That is it usually has outside influences. Therefore events are often entwined. Therefore it is usually difficult to prize them apart in their single entities. Therefore people usually do not. Furthermore, people usually use this clause to ensure the combined events are kept untwined.

1) “Cougar and I playing together. True, we often do. Is this a problem?”

Yes. You are the Leaders and people copy you. What you do or are seen to get away with others think is ok to do.

“We often side on the same team, but there are plenty of times when we do not. There are times we're in the same squad together, but countless other times we are not. I run open squads 99.9% of the time, although I may invite 1 or 2 other players to my squad, depending on what I will be doing on a given round. This gives me a good balance of players that are experienced and that I trust to the other 3 or 4 slots which I open to anyone.”

Granted. None of this is wrong. Problems though are discussed below.

2) “How are Cougar and I teamstacking when we're on the same team? I don't understand this at all. Please explain, and why are I or Cougar somehow responsible for teamstacking?”

What you do or are seen to get away with others think is ok to do. You are the Leaders. Leaders must lead by example. As Leaders you are responsible for the welfare of the forum, PR and Community. You have a direct responsibility if there is a problem in any of these. You have a direct responsibility not to shirk your responsibility.

To insinuate that only you two are responsible relies on a closed homeostatic events. This is unreal. The argument is flawed. What you two do over time is a more realistic and so valid argument. Your argument that you and Cougar are not on the same team has as much non-validity. Your argument that therefore in a closed event you are somehow absolved from teamstaking is a misdirection. You are therefore not only responsible from your responsibility of teamstaking you deny it. What is valid is to argue that over time you and Cougar are seen as Randomly being on the team. The only way to accomplish this is to stick to the team the server gives you. This allows for random chance. Any other pattern is man made. The only pattern that would be acceptable is if the random pattern is seen to and you sometimes switch to even team. Patterns are recognized by humans. Humans live in socialites. The community sees patterns in what you do when you log on. You are seen as playing with Cougar and your friends by the community. They follow your lead. You deny it. You deny Leadership. You deny your responsibility, shirk it, and twist logic, to your desired outcome. The desied outcome is to not accept your responsibility.

3) “Staying on the same team as when you load in. I do that almost all of the time. More to the point, why is it that the admins are solely responsible for doing this? Why aren't you proposing that everyone do this? Wouldn't that be more effective? Why must the burden of this fall entirely on our shoulders? We certainly do far more than our fair share of trying to ensure balance on the server, and frankly I think that each of us is tired of having to defend our actions and explain what we do over and over and over.”

The only way to prove you are being random is to maintain the random chance the server allows you on. An insignificant times to change this, to play with friends, re-log on dropout, or balance teams is the only acceptable time it is to teamswitch. Man made patterns recognized is un-acceptable. It is also unacceptable to allow it further down the line. It is un-acceptable to allow such patterns from Admins, friends, the community at large. Shirking one’s leadership is unacceptable. Maintaining one’s gain by mis-logic is unacceptable. Staying in a cloud of non-responsibility is un-acceptable. The community at large note your actions not as a singular event but over time and linked in a causal manner. To refrain from being clear is not the problem of the community to ask one by one behind closed doors. To lave out unsaid questions is not the problem of the community (singular). These lay with your problem. If you do not admit the causal relationship between you/Cougar, then friends, then community within the community, then that is not the problem of the community (singular). It is the problem of the Community (plural) when this means you deny any relationship in causal patterns and allow other events over time.

4) “Hidden 'mantra'. Are you serious? Are you saying you can't possible see the logic is moving a discussion to a more appropriate thread instead of hiding a debate about insurgency and cache locations in a password night thread? How does that make any sense at all?”

Mantra is a Communications term for ‘the input’ into a closed system of an agenda over time, and over time maximising the agenda with evidential representations by its own and other inputs. To argue the case that you are specifically dealing only with a closed system that of the thread now off topic, is reliant it is singularly a closed system. It is not. It is within the open system of all events that happen on TG. To therefore argue this as “Are you serious”, a put down, is illogical, and malcontented. Put downs are not valid arguments. Put downs over time in other threads are not valid arguments. They are Mantra. To deny the relationship of this one event, the event of password night, the teamstacking, your friends, and that they are not linked is Mantra. You have done this before. Societies recognize patterns. Others see you do this. You deny. You deny events linked to you. You deny evidence linked to you. You deny others’ actions and relationship within the open system. You deny. You deny Leadership. You deny Mantra exists. You deny your actions. You deny your responsibility.

5) “Lastly, the whole 'friends with db' thing is lunacy. For the sake of full disclosure”:

To debase an argument by calling them an insult is invalid. It is Mantra. It is in denial. To purport to be transparent by full disclosure is invalid if it is seen by the Community that you do not; that you deny, that you deny open systems and links, that you deny your Leadership. That you deny your responsibilities.

<evidence>
                Granted.

<talk amiably to set up direction of argument and onside>

“am 'friends' with db and some of the other developers through my position at TacticalGamer”
                I may be putting words into their mouths, but my guess is that they find that our community most closely aligns itself with their vision of how the game is supposed to be played. The truth is is that none of that matters to me, though,

That does not mean you are unable to see links with friends like Cougar, then on to DB, then on how the game gets changed. Within this is a relationship, because there is a relationship

“Where exactly is your problem with this”?

This is denying the problem with a question. These have been some examples of the problems. To deny their existence within the community is not appropriate and its insinuation as my problem a slurr. To use slurrs as an argument is invalid. To use surrs and denial as a tactic assumes the other will accept it. To use this continually over time is mantra. The mantra to say you are not at fault and it is the others’ problem because of their stupidity is a slurr. The mantra to say you are not at fault and it is the others’ problem because of their stupidity is an invalid argument. The mantra continued by you over time into the Community is the problem. You deny you are the problem. There is the problem. You are the problem.

Comment

1“I feel like tipan is writing all of this with a tin foil hat on. “

Slight assides and slurrs as an argument is invalid. I refer you to proceed to the above post.

Comment

Frankly Taip3n, there seems to be such a huge disconnect between yourself, me and reality that I can't even begin to muster the strength to respond.

Let's leave it at this, if I may be so bold as to summarize your thoughts:

1) I am responsible for a lot of the problems on the server, either directly or indirectly.
                    2) I am not providing leadership for the community
                    3) I am either directly or indirectly responsible for changes, good or bad, to the mod
                    4) You haven't received any ribbons because you're not in the 'cool kids club', which I guess goes back to point #1 somehow

There, I think I hit all the points.

If you truly believe this and half the other points you tried to raise in this thread then there is no way I can get you to see things from my perspective and I know that I don't agree with your points, so I guess we're left with an agreed upon disagreement.

Comment

Also, just to keep the full transparency intact that you seek, I've moved this thread back to the public forum and it shall remain unlocked.

Enjoy everyone!

Comment

To this whole thread.
                        sigpic

Comment

Mint berry crunch!!!

"dispo and cougar - we are the problem - we are the solution"
                          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Good.

Interesting you thought it was all about you.

Interesting too that you had to use insult. Bring on the discussion.

But try better on the answering questions about yourselves.

Comment

Merry Christmas :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X