Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precise translation of PR built-in voices

Hello everybody,

I was wondering where I can find the precise translation of the built-in voices activated from the commo-rose commands. I noticed that the voices are done extremely well to the point of specific attitude for a particular nation.

For instance, when US medic heals someone, to announce the completion, you may hear him yelling "All right, you're good to go!", whereas Russian medic says in pessimistically-fatalistic voice "You'll live... but not for long..." which sounds quite authentic, depressing and funny at the same time.

I would like to find out what the other factions are saying - I am sure there are some gems (heard that german voices are quite interesting in this sence, like they use some slang).

So if someone can point me to a thread that discusses this or, perhaps, if you know other language and can translate into english, please, do so :) Make a dictionary for pr 0.957.

sigpic
    |TG-69th|desant

Re: Precise translation of PR built-in voices

Being a member of the all english voices option, I'd never even thought of this. It could be really interesting.
    |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
    sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
    I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

Excellent question!

Comment

I hate that you cant understand the other voices or that there is no text for them. When someone isnt on mumble and just spamming commo-rose crap I want to punch them in the face, I dont speak Russian!

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

I think they're making fun of you.

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
            I hate that you cant understand the other voices or that there is no text for them. When someone isnt on mumble and just spamming commo-rose crap I want to punch them in the face, I dont speak Russian!
            You can change your settings so that you hear the English voice only, regardless of faction. It is in the Audio settings, under Options.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

shaska!
              sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Comment

sigpic
                I'm Back.

Comment

I am trying to stick with authentic voices for "reality" factor. In fact if I really need to ask for medic/ammo, I use mumble or voip (or type it in the chat), which I find to be more effective. But when I hear the language of the factions I am playing for, the stereotypes regarding that nation add a psychological twist which enhances (slightly) the gameplay experience.

sigpic
                  |TG-69th|desant

Comment

I like the other voices. The IDF sound ridiculously depressed.

I would love to see some MEC comm translations.

Comment

You can, if you're looking to familiarize yourself in a shorter period of time than months or years of play, spend a few minutes each night in the sound files contained in the rar, the exact name of which escapes me, but I will post it later when I get home.

Comment

I like hearing the other languages, especially if one of the factions is English. Then I can hear the other guys spamming each other.

Comment

Tell me where I can find the sound files and I'm gonna translate the German voices.
                          sigpic

Comment

Program Files > EA Games > Battlefield 2 > mods > pr > commonclient.zip > sounds

be careful in there

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

Why, is it scary in there?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse