• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desant_1
    started a topic Precise translation of PR built-in voices

Precise translation of PR built-in voices

Hello everybody,

I was wondering where I can find the precise translation of the built-in voices activated from the commo-rose commands. I noticed that the voices are done extremely well to the point of specific attitude for a particular nation.

For instance, when US medic heals someone, to announce the completion, you may hear him yelling "All right, you're good to go!", whereas Russian medic says in pessimistically-fatalistic voice "You'll live... but not for long..." which sounds quite authentic, depressing and funny at the same time.

I would like to find out what the other factions are saying - I am sure there are some gems (heard that german voices are quite interesting in this sence, like they use some slang).

So if someone can point me to a thread that discusses this or, perhaps, if you know other language and can translate into english, please, do so :) Make a dictionary for pr 0.957.

• ankyle62
    replied
    Re: Precise translation of PR built-in voices

'Ive heard enemy wheelbarrow spotted haha just kidding' I have no idea how they did it

Leave a comment:

• Gore
    replied

yeah i made the movie.

Leave a comment:

• Celestial1
    replied

>Squad leader, artillery is available
    >My grandmother could do better!

Cut those two together and you get that line.

Leave a comment:

• Gore
    replied

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
    ?? I remember something along the lines of telling a squad that his grandmother could follow orders better or something, but I've never heard this!

2:47 - 2:51

Leave a comment:

• Dreadnought
    replied

Originally posted by Trilita View Post
    i'm a native chinese from beijing and i speak a pure chinese mandarin...to be honest,the built-in chinese voice isawful...
    sounds like it was made by some cantonese descent who speaks chinese with a incredibly strong accent...its just like a jamaican "wagwan" for you guys...
    well the translation is precise...
    You should get up with the Dev's and voice it!

Leave a comment:

• Trilita
    replied

i'm a native chinese from beijing and i speak a pure chinese mandarin...to be honest,the built-in chinese voice isawful...
    sounds like it was made by some cantonese descent who speaks chinese with a incredibly strong accent...its just like a jamaican "wagwan" for you guys...
    well the translation is precise...

Leave a comment:

• Warlab
    replied

I've heard players suggesting I have a mocha in game.
    Huh ?

Leave a comment:

• Dreadnought
    replied

Originally posted by Gore View Post
    sometimes the us commander actually tells squadleaders that his granny is available.
    ?? I remember something along the lines of telling a squad that his grandmother could follow orders better or something, but I've never heard this!

Leave a comment:

• Gore
    replied

sometimes the us commander actually tells squadleaders that his granny is available.

Leave a comment:

• Dr.Zelenka
    replied

Russian Smoke Grenade: SHASHKA (pawn?)
    Russian Fragmentation Grenade: Lovi Pi4enku (Catch this cookie?)
    Russian Thanks: Spasibo Brat (thanks bro)
    Best comms tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Sir-Nerd
    replied

Seeing as how I've played BF2, 2142, POE, and PR all with the normal voices, it gets freaky when i notice Russian words/phrases in the different games, as well as in movies or tv shows. I've played so much of those games I memorized the phrases for almost all of the commo rose commands for the older factions. To know what those phrases literally mean would be fun.

Leave a comment:

• desant_1
    replied

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
    You can, if you're looking to familiarize yourself in a shorter period of time than months or years of play, spend a few minutes each night in the sound files contained in the rar, the exact name of which escapes me, but I will post it later when I get home.
    Originally posted by eD_ru$h View Post
    Program Files > EA Games > Battlefield 2 > mods > pr > commonclient.zip > sounds

be careful in there
    Thanks guys, I knew there are some folks that had a shortcut in mind. I'll definitely look into it in the next couple of days!

Got a new one:

English: "seize your fire fire!"
    Russian: "where do you think you're hitting, woodpecker?" (== "retard")

English: "all right, you're good to go!"
    Russian: "You'll live a terrible life... but a short one..." o_O

Leave a comment:

• Vouk
    replied

Yeah sure. I don't temper with crucial files. Just with copies of them :]

Leave a comment:

• doctortaru
    replied

Your best bet would be to extract hat zip somewhere, and dont mess with the actual zip file, if one size value gets changed you get a MD5 mismatch and have to reinstall PR

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X