A message to the TacticalGamer Project Reality community

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A message to the TacticalGamer Project Reality community

There seems to be a lot of unrest in our community as evidenced by the incident on Monday of this week and further commentary that is being made in both public threads as well as what is being heard "on the street" by other admins.

If you have a beef with the admins, how we do things, how the server is being run or how the forums are managed then I have the following for you:

1) Do not post in a public thread. Why? Certainly not because the admins are afraid of what you have to say or that we don't want to hear it. Quite the contrary. However, this is what will happen: Every Tom, Dick and Harry on our forums is going to flock to your thread and the odds are pretty good that for each person that supports your opinion there will be at least one person who doesn't. The ones that don't will be pretty vocal about it and disagree, passionately. There are a lot of things that this community is missing, but passion certainly isn't one of them. After about a page the thread is going to turn into a flame-fest, feelings will get hurt, and most importantly your message is going to be lost in the jungle of diatribe, spite and venom. If you want to be heard, post it in CAA.

2) The admins are here for you, believe it or not. We all have supporting memberships, which means that we pay the same $80.00 a year that a lot of you do, but we get a few more additional perks, like spending a lot of our day watching the forums, watching the server, dealing with far more complaints than compliments, listening to people justify their actions on the server that got them banned (many times at the behest of people just like you reading this post). The list goes on from there. Yes, we pay money for this privilege. Despite how awful that sounds, we believe in this community and what it stands for, which directly means that we support you, the TacticalGamer member. We try to do this the best we can. We are not perfect, and I think you've seen that come from not only myself but many other of my fellow admins many times, however I think it bears repeating again. We will make mistakes. We will screw up. We will do something that will either directly or indirectly affect you, your feelings about the community or your time on the server. We're sorry. As the saying goes, you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

3) I'm kind of circling back to #1, but if you are truly upset with something then please, please, please speak to one of our admins - anyone - about it. I think we have a very diverse group of personalities on the admin team, so surely there is one of us that you would feel comfortable approaching. You'll have to take my word for it, but I promise you your concerns will make their way back to the team and we will discuss it. You might not like the answer, we might not be able to do what you ask, but you will be listened to. The absolute worst thing you can do is to keep it to yourself of let it fester inside of you.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Wicks; 03-14-2013, 02:17 PM.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: A message to the TacticalGamer Project Reality community

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
    Every Tom, Dick and Harry on our forums is going to flock to your thread and the odds are pretty good that for each person that supports your opinion there will be at least one person who doesn't.
    I disagree. :)

GOOD POST!
    |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
    sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
    I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

This needs to be stickied to the top of the forum for awhile. If you disagree with something, PM one of us, make a CAA, X-fire one of us (all of us are on Xfire A LOT) and bring it up. Whether it's as simple as just disagreeing with how one of us approached something or as big as how we run the community in general. We do want to hear it from you guys.

Oh, and if you want to say something good about something -- we like those too. :P
      "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
      -Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Comment

IN B4 LOCK!

Sorry. Lately to Dispo's point, a lot of the posts as of late are 'less mature' than normal. I think they create a gravitational pull that just slowly pulls everyone down into the ridiculousness we've seen lately.

3 cheers for maturity and civility.
        Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
        A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

If I believed in giving rep I'd give Dispo all the rep I could.

If you're going to take issue with someone, PM or CAA. If you want to have a DISCUSSION, that poses a question and NOT A DEMAND, these forums are a great place for it.

Is it too much to ask to act like professionals? Isn't that what TG is about?
          Whether by air or on land
          foes crumble at my command.

JaFaR Ironclad, at your service.

Comment

Despite any disagreements past or present....

I would like to say thanks to the TG admins for making the best PR server out there, and for putting up with all the crap that goes along with public forums.

These guys put in extra time and effort to make our gaming experience more worthwhile, and they do it for free. After seeing some of the recent posts highlighting everything people think is wrong, I just wanted to point out something that isn't.

Bogey you are excluded from the above until you have proven yourself worthy. The Quu will be watching.

Comment

You know what they say, one satisfied customer is going to tell about the service maybe 2 people and unsatisfied customer 10 people. Find a top tech brand where you dont have people bashing it, be it microsoft apple or other. As long as the majority is satisfied and keeps coming to the server something it being done right.

Comment

I only play PR on the TG server and the admins are a big part of the reason why. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Bump!
                  Originally posted by golgo13 View Post
                  you know what they say, one satisfied customer is going to tell about the service maybe 2 people and unsatisfied customer 10 people. Find a top tech brand where you dont have people bashing it, be it microsoft apple or other. As long as the majority is satisfied and keeps coming to the server something it being done right.
                  sigpic
                  "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

Where is Dispo these day?

Comment

He is around, just busy, being a GO isn't all fun and games!;)

Comment

I agree with Dispo, the admins do a great job and no need to unload your laundry out in the public to see you have a problem pm or goto caa to get it dealt with.
                        |TG18|KevinS_1RCR

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X