PW night, Thursday 9th of December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PW night, Thursday 9th of December

I'm gonna have to say that was one of my favorite password nights I've been apart of. Good teamwork on both sides, hardly any complaining, some great firefights, and close games.

Lashkar was absolutely great on the insurgency side. Zissou, Jaymz, eventually Blackpython, and one other I can't remember, were all in SL channel and communicating and adapting extremely fast. I'd say one of our hideouts were overran and send half my sqaud over there with another squad. However, most importantly was how we never left the cache compound to chase intruders. We always had at least six people in that compound guarding with at least another six within short running distance. Final thing we did was keeping all four and sometimes five hideouts up around that cache. You guys would knock them down, we'd clear your troops and start building them right back up. It became vital as you'd keep knocking them down, but we'd always have one hideout up. I'm almost positive that was the reason we were able to hold it when you arty'd the cache location, took down three hideouts at the same time, and assaulted from every direction--because we still had one hideout up. I really appreciate those Squad Leaders who let me rant sometimes on SL Mumble and act as a pseudo-commander for that round. You were all on your ball and it showed.

Al Basrah was a bit different. Not the same Squad Leaders and therefore, not as many squads working together as a whole. However, what was different was we had two squads working in two separate groups following their own ideas. Jafar and Blackpython were doing fireteams and Mantak and my squad were doing Mec Infantry. I think it worked it pretty well. We were attacking different parts of the city with two large forces, so the insurgents couldn't concentrate on the single convoy like normal. Mantak was supporting my infantry perfectly and providing valuable quick movement in and out of the city. The insurgents were frustrating with the amount of bombcars/garys/rpg groups/spgs they had flying at him--it made it very difficult for him to support us effectively, but he did a great job. The SVDs and Snipers were extremely annoying on the insurgent side too. Every time our APC support would get destroyed or hung up somewhere, we'd be getting knocked down by snipers while trying to get into the city. And there goes my idea that Blufor had the best long range weaponry. As for the caches, we got lucky on a few of them and the cache spawns were not in the favor of the insurgents with a lot of them spawning outside the main city.

Well played on both sides. Hope to see more password nights like this.
    "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
    -Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Comment

I missed out on the first two maps, but came in on Albashra. I was hanging out in the XV crew running mortars and causing general chaos. We had a fairly decent KDR. I thought the round was fun even though we lost.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

ankyle, i can confirm that your mortars were devastating. you may not have had the KDR to show it, but thay were a massive pain in the ass.
        also worthy of note, the SPG techy squad, (i think it was T_MAN and his crew) excellent job there. your strategy was extremely good, but you need to work on the accuracy just a tad bit.

and as bullseye said, dont forget Ribbon nominations. its been quite a while sense we had ribbons given out. remember you can nominate ribbons for any noteworthy actions on password nights.
        bullseye, if you could just post a quick overview about how and where to nominate, that would be grate.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X