X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mantak09
    replied
    Re: PW night, Thursday 9th of December

ankyle, i can confirm that your mortars were devastating. you may not have had the KDR to show it, but thay were a massive pain in the ass.
    also worthy of note, the SPG techy squad, (i think it was T_MAN and his crew) excellent job there. your strategy was extremely good, but you need to work on the accuracy just a tad bit.

and as bullseye said, dont forget Ribbon nominations. its been quite a while sense we had ribbons given out. remember you can nominate ribbons for any noteworthy actions on password nights.
    bullseye, if you could just post a quick overview about how and where to nominate, that would be grate.

Leave a comment:

• ankyle62
    replied

I missed out on the first two maps, but came in on Albashra. I was hanging out in the XV crew running mortars and causing general chaos. We had a fairly decent KDR. I thought the round was fun even though we lost.

Leave a comment:

• BoogyLoH
    replied

I'm gonna have to say that was one of my favorite password nights I've been apart of. Good teamwork on both sides, hardly any complaining, some great firefights, and close games.

Lashkar was absolutely great on the insurgency side. Zissou, Jaymz, eventually Blackpython, and one other I can't remember, were all in SL channel and communicating and adapting extremely fast. I'd say one of our hideouts were overran and send half my sqaud over there with another squad. However, most importantly was how we never left the cache compound to chase intruders. We always had at least six people in that compound guarding with at least another six within short running distance. Final thing we did was keeping all four and sometimes five hideouts up around that cache. You guys would knock them down, we'd clear your troops and start building them right back up. It became vital as you'd keep knocking them down, but we'd always have one hideout up. I'm almost positive that was the reason we were able to hold it when you arty'd the cache location, took down three hideouts at the same time, and assaulted from every direction--because we still had one hideout up. I really appreciate those Squad Leaders who let me rant sometimes on SL Mumble and act as a pseudo-commander for that round. You were all on your ball and it showed.

Al Basrah was a bit different. Not the same Squad Leaders and therefore, not as many squads working together as a whole. However, what was different was we had two squads working in two separate groups following their own ideas. Jafar and Blackpython were doing fireteams and Mantak and my squad were doing Mec Infantry. I think it worked it pretty well. We were attacking different parts of the city with two large forces, so the insurgents couldn't concentrate on the single convoy like normal. Mantak was supporting my infantry perfectly and providing valuable quick movement in and out of the city. The insurgents were frustrating with the amount of bombcars/garys/rpg groups/spgs they had flying at him--it made it very difficult for him to support us effectively, but he did a great job. The SVDs and Snipers were extremely annoying on the insurgent side too. Every time our APC support would get destroyed or hung up somewhere, we'd be getting knocked down by snipers while trying to get into the city. And there goes my idea that Blufor had the best long range weaponry. As for the caches, we got lucky on a few of them and the cache spawns were not in the favor of the insurgents with a lot of them spawning outside the main city.

Well played on both sides. Hope to see more password nights like this.

Leave a comment:

• Silly_Savage
    replied

Originally posted by AnimalMother View Post
    if it wouldn't be too much bother maybe do this for normal pub play

say have a vote on monday for what maps will be in the maplist for the next week or so
    Genius.

Can't complain about the rotation if we create it ourselves.

Leave a comment:

• AnimalMother
    replied

if it wouldn't be too much bother maybe do this for normal pub play

say have a vote on monday for what maps will be in the maplist for the next week or so

Leave a comment:

• CR8Z
    replied

I am in awe that there aren't 5 or 10 posts loathing the map selections. Indeed, put the onus on the community to select the maps and just look at all the happy campers!

Leave a comment:

• Henry29PR
    replied

Originally posted by mantak09 View Post
    hay bullseye, just wanted to say thanks for setting up the PW night lastnight. it was realy awesome. some of the best rounds ive played in weeks.
    +1 to that. Thank you Bullseye, and also thank you for letting us have input on what maps/layers we wanted to play. I loved the fact that we voted on the map rotation. :)

Leave a comment:

• mantak09
    replied

hay bullseye, just wanted to say thanks for setting up the PW night lastnight. it was realy awesome. some of the best rounds ive played in weeks.

Leave a comment:

• AdmiralKird
    replied

Just thought I'd give a thank you out to all those who helped my friend play yesterday. If you didn't notice that wasn't me. I stepped in a few times like if he died and needed to mumble out for a rez. Heh, you guys kept telling him the default keys to use but all mine are different. I've been slaving over trying to get my old lost-then-refound launch copy of bf2 to work on his laptop. Lots of instant crashes to desktop. I think I had a bad 1.41 patch that wasn't fixing the problem of patching to 1.5 directly. Ughhh

Leave a comment:

• james-d
    replied

What are you on about? Don't you remember that it was 6-1 in my favour?

Leave a comment:

• AnimalMother
    replied

don't really remember much of the PW night

good boxing matches on lashkar though jamesd!

Still drunken chamion though, only one lose (that i remember)

thanks all for the fun times and putting up with me!

Leave a comment:

• Vouk
    replied

Awesome job of the INS team on Lashkar... Was great!

Had a lot of fun playing this round, even though my SL left in the second third of the match. Before that - awesome tactics, great leadership, really nice.

Left in Al Basrah though... CTD'd and the only squad left was one of those 'Let's just do whatever we want' squads and I wasn't really in the mood for that :]

Leave a comment:

• CR8Z
    replied

We had that cache in cent village entirely surrounded with our whole team, and you guys still held it. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• desant_1
    replied

Well after a series of initial server crashes, third time was a charm - and was pretty fun since then. The cache (lashkar valley) in the central village was insanely hard to get - good job!

Leave a comment:

• Bullseye2550
    replied

thanks for joining, hope everyone enjoyed it, i had pretty good games (and there were well balanced teams i think).

dont forget to write ribbon nominations.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X