X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Proposal: Scenario PW night

Operation Silent Phoenix:
    (Silent Eagle 64):
    Militärischer Abschirmdienst has located one of Russia's primary hidden nuclear launch facilities in this quiet wooded area in (insert region here), located a two hour drive from the nearest Russian base. Hoping to confiscate the warheads and acquire further intelligence concerning the Russian arsenal, the Germans have launched an airborne operation to raid, secure, and scuttle the base. While no armored or ground vehicle assets are available for either side beyond basic trucks, full air support has been scrambled by both factions in light of this operation.

German Forces Objective:
    1. Capture the abandoned airfield to establish a FARP for air support.
    2. Assault and secure the missile silo. Establish a FOB inside the base perimeter once secured. (3 may begin once such a FOB becomes spawnable; condition being active will be announced globally)
    3. Commander must complete three round trips from the base interior FOB to Abandoned Airfield supply depot with a Logi truck (Represents extraction of warheads & other intel, completion of each leg announced globally).
    4. Exfiltrate all German forces to the Abandoned Airfield. Victory upon completion.

Russian Forces Objective:
    1. Establish FOB's on the interior and perimeter of Missile Silo.
    2. Defend the Missile Silo against enemy attack.
    3. If Missile Silo is lost, attempt to re-secure. Disrupt any operations involving extraction of intel.
    (ALTERNATIVE) 3. If Missile Silo is lost, make no attempt to contest it. Focus on disrupting the extraction of intel.
    4. Hold out for 90-120 minutes, when the Russian ground response force arrives. Victory upon reaching time limit.

Notes:
    1. Restrictions- Kits/FOB assets: No AT, HAT, or TOW's.
    2. Restrictions- Vehicles: Logistics Trucks, Russian Anti Aircraft Vehicle, & Aircraft ONLY. AAV's are not permitted to engage infantry, cannot engage aircraft without being in missile silo perimeter, and must remain stationary once moved to a tactical position inside, until destruction. Aircraft may not execute Beyond Visual Range cannon runs.
    3. Rules of Engagement: Germans may not attempt to capture flags other than Abandoned Airfield. Russians may not attempt to capture flags. Russian ground forces may not venture more than 300 meters from the Missile Silo perimeter when they control it, excluding the path to their Operations Base. While Germans control Missile Silo, Russians are free to deploy anywhere on the map except within the Abandoned Airfield outer perimeter (the woodline to the north is a good guideline). No exploitation of FOB structures to deny movement in the interior portions of Missile Silo.
    4. Time Limit starts when Abandoned Airfield is captured.
    Whether by air or on land
    foes crumble at my command.

JaFaR Ironclad, at your service.

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
      I've kinda always wanted to play Kozelsk with the militia only defending the flags and not trying to retake any of them. Seems like that is how the map was designed to play out, but it rarely gets beyond the first 2-3 flags. To help facilitate the attack and defense scenario the fighting would have to be more limited around the flags instead of ambushing supply routes and perhaps allowing a bit of setup time between the taking of each flag so that everyone can be involved for the fight at the flag rather than worrying about setting up a defense for the next flag or securing routes for supply.

Eh?
      +1
      Those are some great static defenses that never get used and with a full-on infantry assault it would be a great battle.
      You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
      So that when they turn their backs on you,
      You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

I played in a zombie type thing before, it was a great time. I can imagine anything different would be a nice change of pace for a round or 2.
        Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
        A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

These ideas are something I would really enjoy in PR,
          Having a PW- pickem scenario game with an event posting with team objectives and specific rules would be awesome.

I definitely want to see these ideas get made, and on a more frequent basis as well. Scenarios are an endless supply of potential new gameplay

Lets see em done!

Comment

pw night idea (like jafar wrote it) with rules:

Rescue Pilot/Unarmed prisoner

Rules:

US get 1 fb at docks
            MEC gets 2 fbs, 1 at construction, 1 at the east side of the map (marked on the map)

US can only spawn at the fb at docks, MEC can only spawn at the fbs (NOT at main).

rallypoints are allowed.

no APCs,no boats, no choppers, no CAS, no trucks, no cars.
            MEC are not allowed to enter docks, US are not allowed to attack MEC fbs.
            MEC are not allowed to use the TOW or AA guns near fortress or main.

2 unarmed US prisoners are in one of the towers (together) and can only talk on local mumble and are not allowed to give away intel.

MEC are not allowed to shoot at the prisoner (if that happens (or a teamkill from US), the prisoner is allowed to use a boat to get back into the tower) (hands up for marking).

US will try to rescue minimum 1 of the prisoners for success. (that will happen either if they are out of the rescue zone or at a rescue point)
            MEC wins if they still have 2 prisoners after for example 1 and 1/2 hours.

admins will set up the fbs before players can join the server.
            flags are not in play.

blue lines are no go zone for US, red lines are no go zones for MEC.

any suggestions?

maybe let allow US using the APCs?
            allow mortars?
            Last edited by Bullseye2550; 12-17-2010, 10:20 AM.

| | | |

Comment

we should be able to create our own GPO for a special event, that way you can really limit what spawns and vehicles there are. It'll only be a small download too. and with a password on the server I don't think it breaks the server license
              AnimalMother
              Ex TG-31st LR
              "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback

Arte et Marte

Comment

Yep, afaik as long as there's a password on the server and the map is labled as custom map, everything is good.
                sigpic

Comment

and out of bounds areas/domes of death are also done in the GPO for those that don't know
                  AnimalMother
                  Ex TG-31st LR
                  "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback

Arte et Marte

Comment

I like the map and rules Bulls, but I think boats should be okay or that they should at least be used for extraction.

Either a boat or helicopter extraction would be exciting.

Comment

Ooooh, if we can do modified GPO in password events, I propose that we do Battle for Qinling Vehicle Warfare... WITH LOTS OF JETS.

Comment

Originally posted by JaFaR Ironclad View Post
                        Ooooh, if we can do modified GPO in password events, I propose that we do Battle for Qinling Vehicle Warfare... WITH LOTS OF JETS.
                        Jafar, I don't think that'll work well. I still say that Attack Helos could work better. My reasoning is take-off + landing space, storage, and epicness flying a line of 15-16 Apaches/Havocs/Z10s/Tigers across the map.
                        Blackpython / ZephyrDark

Comment

Pilots can't capture flags, so VW on any map would essentially be a team-deathmatch.

VW is more flag focused than anything, and without pilots being able to capture them...

Comment

Python, I think with good ATC that could still be a lot of fun. I'll think on it and submit something with greater detail. (Alternatively, and actually an effective workaround: put in the jet assets that technically belong to other factions, like the German eurofighter for the Brits: I've discovered that the kit-vehicle restriction actually doesn't kick in if the vehicle model doesn't match the faction; therefore riflemen can cap flags)

Comment

...Jet's can't cap flags though, either, for obvious reasons.

Comment

And what about those who can't/don't like to fly? Is this going to be an event with a total of like, ten people?
                                CR8Z: "No, I've not been good, but as an American, I'm entitled to everything I want."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X