X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JaFaR Ironclad
    started a topic Proposal: Scenario PW night

Proposal: Scenario PW night

Anyone who has played in the PR Events of the past (Zombies, VIP night, etc.) will know of the epic that I allude to.

The concept is simple, run a passworded event where the "objectives" and equipment of each map are not the normal ones; pursuit and conditions of these objectives is agreed upon by everyone playing and enforced by admins and commanders (such as VIP search and rescue, VIP abduction, convoy protection, etc.). The scenarios are announced and clarified alongside the event date itself. Mumble usage would be required for maximum effect.

My favorite example of this was back in VIP/Zombies #2 a good long time ago: we played a round of Muttrah where there was a US guy playing a downed pilot, who was being held captive by MEC inside their fortress. The US was to assault the castle, then secure and extract the pilot by boat. Both sides were not allowed to use HAT's, US was not allowed to use attack helos or APC's, and MEC was not allowed to use armored vehicles or missile AA. Death of the pilot results in defeat for the faction that killed him. Successful extraction of the pilot to the carrier results in victory for the US; holding off the US for 2 hours or full ticket depletion results in victory for MEC. The main draw here was that everyone was on the same mumble channel: the pilot could communicate with his captors and vice-versa.

I encourage suggestions for scenarios here.

• JaFaR Ironclad
    replied
    Re: Proposal: Scenario PW night

Half jets, half AAV's and Light armor?

Leave a comment:

• Silly_Savage
    replied

And what about those who can't/don't like to fly? Is this going to be an event with a total of like, ten people?

Leave a comment:

• Celestial1
    replied

...Jet's can't cap flags though, either, for obvious reasons.

Leave a comment:

• JaFaR Ironclad
    replied

Python, I think with good ATC that could still be a lot of fun. I'll think on it and submit something with greater detail. (Alternatively, and actually an effective workaround: put in the jet assets that technically belong to other factions, like the German eurofighter for the Brits: I've discovered that the kit-vehicle restriction actually doesn't kick in if the vehicle model doesn't match the faction; therefore riflemen can cap flags)

Leave a comment:

• Celestial1
    replied

Pilots can't capture flags, so VW on any map would essentially be a team-deathmatch.

VW is more flag focused than anything, and without pilots being able to capture them...

Leave a comment:

• ZephyrDark
    replied

Originally posted by JaFaR Ironclad View Post
    Ooooh, if we can do modified GPO in password events, I propose that we do Battle for Qinling Vehicle Warfare... WITH LOTS OF JETS.
    Jafar, I don't think that'll work well. I still say that Attack Helos could work better. My reasoning is take-off + landing space, storage, and epicness flying a line of 15-16 Apaches/Havocs/Z10s/Tigers across the map.

Leave a comment:

• JaFaR Ironclad
    replied

Ooooh, if we can do modified GPO in password events, I propose that we do Battle for Qinling Vehicle Warfare... WITH LOTS OF JETS.

Leave a comment:

• CR8Z
    replied

I like the map and rules Bulls, but I think boats should be okay or that they should at least be used for extraction.

Either a boat or helicopter extraction would be exciting.

Leave a comment:

• AnimalMother
    replied

and out of bounds areas/domes of death are also done in the GPO for those that don't know

Leave a comment:

• Vouk
    replied

Yep, afaik as long as there's a password on the server and the map is labled as custom map, everything is good.

Leave a comment:

• AnimalMother
    replied

we should be able to create our own GPO for a special event, that way you can really limit what spawns and vehicles there are. It'll only be a small download too. and with a password on the server I don't think it breaks the server license

Leave a comment:

• Bullseye2550
    replied

pw night idea (like jafar wrote it) with rules:

Rescue Pilot/Unarmed prisoner

Rules:

US get 1 fb at docks
    MEC gets 2 fbs, 1 at construction, 1 at the east side of the map (marked on the map)

US can only spawn at the fb at docks, MEC can only spawn at the fbs (NOT at main).

rallypoints are allowed.

no APCs,no boats, no choppers, no CAS, no trucks, no cars.
    MEC are not allowed to enter docks, US are not allowed to attack MEC fbs.
    MEC are not allowed to use the TOW or AA guns near fortress or main.

2 unarmed US prisoners are in one of the towers (together) and can only talk on local mumble and are not allowed to give away intel.

MEC are not allowed to shoot at the prisoner (if that happens (or a teamkill from US), the prisoner is allowed to use a boat to get back into the tower) (hands up for marking).

US will try to rescue minimum 1 of the prisoners for success. (that will happen either if they are out of the rescue zone or at a rescue point)
    MEC wins if they still have 2 prisoners after for example 1 and 1/2 hours.

admins will set up the fbs before players can join the server.
    flags are not in play.

blue lines are no go zone for US, red lines are no go zones for MEC.

any suggestions?

maybe let allow US using the APCs?
    allow mortars?
    Last edited by Bullseye2550; 12-17-2010, 10:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• majorissuez99
    replied

These ideas are something I would really enjoy in PR,
    Having a PW- pickem scenario game with an event posting with team objectives and specific rules would be awesome.

I definitely want to see these ideas get made, and on a more frequent basis as well. Scenarios are an endless supply of potential new gameplay

Lets see em done!

Leave a comment:

• ThirdSin
    replied

I played in a zombie type thing before, it was a great time. I can imagine anything different would be a nice change of pace for a round or 2.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X