What makes a good PR video to you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes a good PR video to you?

I posted this one in the 12/12 scrim thread and got some positive responses. Among other random vidoes I've either just thrown together or spent some time on (ex. A Bridge too far) I was wondering if anyone else could share what a makes a Project Reality video, in their opinion, "good".

Some might value humor, some might value teamwork, some may value heroics, I'm interested in what you value. Maybe it's a combination, or maybe you've never heard of this "you tube" thing ;) . Discuss!

Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Re: What makes a good PR video to you?

EXPLOSIONS! And ingame comms is always a blast to hear, but i know that requires in game recording which can sometimes be a biotch but its worth it in the long run IMO.
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

something other than just gameplay. something edited, everyone can put out gameplay and there's too much of it :)

Comment

I keep forgetting what my voice sounds like to other people.
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

- A video showing people playing according to the TG primer and the rules set on the server.

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

That was actually a very nice vid Third.

And what makes a good vid for me?
            Well it depends. I can appreciate funny stuff, if it's not too stupid and either happens totally unintentionally, or intentionally on an empty server.
            What makes a lot of videos a little 'meh' for me is showing off. People who want to show how effin' awesome they are... meh... don't need to see that.

I like intense ingame situations with hectic voip commands. When you can feel the rush of the game. That's what I'm looking for!
            sigpic

Comment

For me I like some gameplay interspersed with cinematic techniques. It's always cool to see a really glossy pro approach. I have Vegas 10 for a Xmas gift and have tried the demo etc. I am going to be trying split screen, 24 style splits etc. If we can get BFR back up at some point I want to do a slit of first person and top down with authentic radio traffic.

Snazzy titles, music and interesting commentary. Tempo is important too, always like it when you get that climatic build to an explosion of action, you know stealth, patience and then bam ..bring the noise.

Perhaps we could set up a film club and pool resources and knowledge lol. Actually that might work

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
                If we can get BFR back up at some point I want to do a slit of first person and top down with authentic radio traffic.

Snazzy titles, music and interesting commentary. Tempo is important too, always like it when you get that climatic build to an explosion of action, you know stealth, patience and then bam ..bring the noise.
                That would be sick.
                CR8Z: "No, I've not been good, but as an American, I'm entitled to everything I want."

Comment

If we can get BFR back up at some point I want to do a slit of first person and top down with authentic radio traffic.
                  That was what i wanted to do when i first thought about recording PR, switching from 1st person to BFR footage

I generally just like gameplay videos, especially seeing battles from the perspective of another of my squads point of view. The style of your video there thirdsin is brilliant, if it wasn't for the lack of sharks and nazis i would have thought i was watching something on the discovery/history/military channel
                  AnimalMother
                  Ex TG-31st LR
                  "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                  sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Perhaps we could set up a film club and pool resources and knowledge lol. Actually that might work
                    I'd love to do this. I've been praying that BFR gets fixed...

I liked the video Third. The voice isn't too great but that is what real live people are for ^_^. I want to see more stuff like this, where we look at strategy and the results, preferably from both sides of the battle. I also like videos where there is obvious teamwork going on... or hell even when **** hits the fan...

Comment

Chicks in bikinis and no lame rage against the machine type of music.
                      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                      Level I HazMat Technician
                      NYS EMT-B
                      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

That ladies voice reminded me of BBC News... so it got me thinking. It would be kinda cool to make a video that felt like you were watching a new piece. It would have the commentary, war footage with the newscaster near the front line, and explosions (that always makes for good TV). LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                          no lame rage against the machine type of music.
                          Rage is the only music, all others are just noise.
                          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Room clearing, CAS, and communication.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

I like where this thread is going!

I've looked into picking up some video editing software (Like Sony Vegas Pro). Haven't made a decision what makes the most sense and more importantly what is not too expensive. $150 range would be maxing my willpower, depending how good the software was as an improvement over the free windows movie maker. While WMM isn't very good, it gets the job done for the basic stuff.
                              Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                              A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X