Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Holidays, TG PR players! (And some requests)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Holidays, TG PR players! (And some requests)

Hey all!

For those whom would be blessed by it, I wish you a Merry Christmas. For all others, I wish you the happiest of holidays.

Personally, I've not had a great recent run-up to this day; after coming back from a tense semester in college I was immediately greeted by the 2010 Flu, and therefore am counting the days my comfort relies on ibuprofen to not be running an astronomical fever. But I'm going to ignore that struggle and come here today to wish everyone the best, and to put forward two requests, one game-related and one not.

My game-related request: Those of you compelled for whatever reason to play PR in the next couple of days, I ask that we show professionalism and pride in the activity and suppress our scornful thoughts, present though they may be. Whether you have the tags or not, you are capable of this; if you have the tags, I feel it should be expected of you as a model of this community. Let us saturate our victories and our defeats with the same level of honor.

My non-game-related request: Name (OR REFER TO ANONYMOUSLY if appropriate) a friend (or acquaintance) who is training, serving, or a veteran for a nation's armed forces. If you can, state their rank and unit, and whatever your warm thoughts are regarding this individual.

I'll start; I have two friends, one from high school and one from college, who to my most recent knowledge will soon begin US Navy SEAL training at Coronado, CA. I know they're in for hell; I also know they are the very top two individuals among my peer group capable of completing the training and serving their country with honor as a SEAL. I have kept their coming ordeals in my thoughts and would like to wish them the best.
    Whether by air or on land
    foes crumble at my command.

JaFaR Ironclad, at your service.

Re: Happy Holidays, TG PR players! (And some requests)

Well I myself am Active Duty SGT in the Army, Stationed at FT. Bragg, and I know many many people who are overseas and cannot be home with their families. So remember all of them who can't sit at the table.

Comment

Wishing those over seas a warm seasons greetings. I do know that some American troops even had a visit from Santa yesterday and after sitting on his lap were given presents. (Was on the news xD)

But for those honourable people who have given up lives and have been tragically wounded in this war I wish the very best and hope that the new year brings them many happy days.

Comment

wishing the very best to all of them, especially to a TG member I got to know better over the past few months who is currently serving in afghanistan.
        stay safe.
        |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

merry x-mas to all who served and those at home. i have several friends on active duty, and my brother is a combat veteran of the first gulf war. he served in the 1st cavalry and was stationed at Ft Hood for a while.

Comment

Hey Happy Holidays! My dad's friend (who I sorta know) served in one of the Armoured regiments (In one of the 50 or so M1A1s we have over here). Unfortunately my memory is very vague. He currently works as an engineer for Boeing, which is how my dad knows him. I was interested in joining the Army, so my dad suggested I should talk to him, so that's how I got to know him myself a bit.

sigpic

Comment

To all of my TG friends the very happiest of holidays and a happy New Year!!

To all those that serve and sacrifice their time with their loved ones so that we can enjoy our holidays safe ly at home: God bless you, you and your families are being remembered at our tables today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Great post Jafar! Merry Christmas to everyone and I hope you get better soon Jafar.

As for the military, I'd like to wish all the soldiers abroad and far away from their families a Merry Christmas as well. And I would like to point out, I would like to specially thank the brazilian army soldiers stationed in Haiti that have been helping the country to get back on it's feet for quite a while now and all those kids in dire need of attention and love. Thank you very much and I wish Christmas for them to be something very special, they deserve it.
                |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

My Brother-In-Law just was deployed to Afghanistan this past month. He's a Combat medic, and puts his life on the line for his brothers in arms. He's my personal hero.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X