Barentz must die >:O

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barentz must die >:O

barentz.. we all mostly agree it is one laggy map for some reason.. though for some other reason it lags when im only on miltia.. what im trying to say is this,,, is anyone else getting lag from it? if so is it possible we can get rid of it from the rotation :D?
    Excuse me can i have your attention for just a second?

Thank you *trollface*

The Master Teamkiller

Re: Barentz must die >:O

I can't play the INS version, absolute slide show and the AAS version is only a little better.
    I love the map but I can't play it and it seems to be a map that drags on forever.
    You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
    So that when they turn their backs on you,
    You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Some people have a lot of difficulty with it. On a password night a couple weeks back, I had one squad member, I can't remember his name unfortunately, but he dropped out more than 6 times... I felt really bad.
      We can't all have newly built sexy rigs to overcome the areas where frame lag make it unplayable - I didn't run into it in my limited area of operation, but i was confined to the Eastern side of the map on the hill overlooking that roadway going N-S, if you have any idea what i'm talking about.
      Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
      A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Originally posted by ThirdSin View Post
        Some people have a lot of difficulty with it. On a password night a couple weeks back, I had one squad member, I can't remember his name unfortunately, but he dropped out more than 6 times... I felt really bad.
        That squad member was me, and for some reason it was mumble that was causing the drop. No idea why, once I turned off mumble I had a smooth game except for one hiccup for the rest of the map. It hasn't happened since then EXCEPT when I played Barentz last night. Everything went fine for 40 minutes and then I was looking out from a high vantage point and got the drop.

Comment

I've heard this from a number of people and experienced it to a lesser degree myself.

You people you have experienced it, have you tried turning your video settings down? If so, what sort of difference does this make?

PR definitely has a wide variance in required hardware from map to map.
          |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
            I've heard this from a number of people and experienced it to a lesser degree myself.

You people you have experienced it, have you tried turning your video settings down? If so, what sort of difference does this make?

PR definitely has a wide variance in required hardware from map to map.
            Thirdsin can attest. I turned every last setting I had to low and was trying to play in a blurry mess, it didn't make a difference I still would get dropped after 5 - 10 minutes.

EDIT: And just for clarification, I normally play the game with max settings with very few hiccups. I'm not running some super gfx card, it's a GEforce 9600 GT. It's decent enough to max out BF2 graphics.

Comment

running at highest settings for every map with no difficulty in FPS averaging around 80, running at 1680 x 1050 on barentz I see around 50 frames and in lots of large.. bubbles I drop to about 10 FPS which tend to be the actual flags or cache locations.

Even running on lowest graphics at a resolution of 1024*758 I still have the exact same problem on this map

Comment

i have an ATI radeon 4777 and even that on low settings cant run the map.. all the other snow maps run like a breeze.. i average around 110 FPS but on barentz its close to a near 5
                Excuse me can i have your attention for just a second?

Thank you *trollface*

The Master Teamkiller

Comment

The snow effects are cool, but I wonder if that isn't really the problem. I run OK on Barentz but in some areas it get a little bit of lag but that is it. I am running an Nvidia 8800 GTS card.
                  I still don't believe this map should be taken out of rotation it is a cool map.
                  sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

I have a GeForce 9600GT and 2gigs of RAM and have no problems on other snow maps and when I played the same map on the Skyttegrave server I had almost no lag and could fly w/ no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by brettwad View Post
                      The snow effects are cool, but I wonder if that isn't really the problem. I run OK on Barentz but in some areas it get a little bit of lag but that is it. I am running an Nvidia 8800 GTS card.
                      I still don't believe this map should be taken out of rotation it is a cool map.
                      8800 GTX here, and yeah. I'm fine on the map except in these large.. Domes of lag which encompass most of the playing area...

Comment

HD5670 + 2.66GHz Core2Duo here

On mostly low settings, the worst I get with Barentz is 15-20FPS, and for a player who had to deal with 5-20 on ALL maps before I upgraded my CPU(Went from a 2.66GHz Pent. D to what I have now and I got such a great increase in performance) Its completely playable for me, I still don't get why some people call 20FPS "slideshow-like", the worst I get is a little stuttering on the animations, and thats it... its still full motion.
                        Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                        Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

My renderer thing reads 15.0/66 and it is a slide show, one frame at a time.
                          But only on that map on the TG server.

Comment

GTX 475, no problems on medium.

Comment

It really is the map. My comp is really fast, but even on that map the fps drops from 70-100 to 30fps. I have to say im playing on 24ii everything on high and on.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X