Advertise mumble some.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertise mumble some.

Generally mumble use is pretty good on weekends, however I did notice the occasional decline. How about advertising mumble on server info, or the server admin could fire off a message on round start? That serves 2 purposes, besides getting more people on mumble, its a fair warning to non mumblers, that the other side might make heavy use of it and therefore could have an edge over the other team.

Re: Advertise mumble some.

Agreed. I've played on a few PR servers that require it. If your not on mumble they give you the boot! However, often when I mention mumble to a person new to TG they reply back with one of the following: 1. Oh I didnt know TG had mumble 2.What is mumble 3. I cant get it to work right.

Comment

It bothers me when you are in game, 80% of the players are using it and when you ask for help to a player next to you, he is not in mumble. I know TG won't force players to use it, but we all have to admit that games with mumble are away more organized and fun to play.

Mumble is useful to new players too. I was playing a round in Lashkar Valley and we found a lost new player, we made him walk with us until he found his squad, wich as very helpfull.

We need a more specific topic explaining about mumble and some advertising for the players who wants to play in TG.

Comment

Agreed. Could we have a server message about mumble scroll with the rules please? Just a short one, for example; we strongly suggest you join our mumble server.
        sigpic

Comment

More mumble = More fun!

Comment

We don't have mumble server, we have a mumble channel on the Project Reality mumble server.

I'll add a note to scroll at the top along with the rules. However, the pessimist in me believes that the mumble notice will receive as much attention as the scrolling rules do: little to none.

Edit

Here is the message that will display every 5 minutes:

Teamwork is enhanced by communication
            Be sure to use our Mumble channels on the Project Reality Mumble server
            Server IP: 217.146.93.46 Port: 64738
            Last edited by disposableHero; 01-12-2011, 09:42 AM.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I think it will work Dispo. I have helped multiple players to install and setup (as far as you can speak of setup) mumble. Most of them didnt know it was used in the first place. The scroll lines in game will help!

Comment

Well it does not have to be a message every 5 min. When you load there is a box with server details. A simple we use mumble would suffice. The ip is always the same and once thats figured out through realitymod.com or your forums iam confident people will figure out how to join. Just putting it out there in case people start to feel that all that ingame infor is annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo13 View Post
                  Well it does not have to be a message every 5 min. When you load there is a box with server details. A simple we use mumble would suffice. The ip is always the same and once thats figured out through realitymod.com or your forums iam confident people will figure out how to join. Just putting it out there in case people start to feel that all that ingame infor is annoying.
                  Why do I do this again? Someone remind me.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

To let people know about a 3rd party voip software that makes working as a team easier and is widely used on our server.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo13 View Post
                      ...once thats figured out through realitymod.com or your forums iam confident people will figure out how to join...
                      Too many assumptions about general user capability. Laziness typically prevails, and that's why we need those scrolling messages in addition to verbal (or typed) communication with "outcasts". Typically these folks are not TG regulars - slim chance to expect them to go to TG forums.

sigpic
                      |TG-69th|desant

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                        We don't have mumble server, we have a mumble channel on the Project Reality mumble server.

I'll add a note to scroll at the top along with the rules. However, the pessimist in me believes that the mumble notice will receive as much attention as the scrolling rules do: little to none.

Edit

Here is the message that will display every 5 minutes:

Teamwork is enhanced by communication
                        Be sure to use our Mumble channels on the Project Reality Mumble server
                        Server IP: 217.146.93.46 Port: 64738
                        Just so you know a majority of the time those dont display properly and scroll by really quick. Ive seen other servers that use large lettering for theirs and it seems to work.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

I personally don't want to see large text scrolling across the screen just for the sake of MUMBLE. It ruins the immersion for me and just plain gets in the way.

Comment

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...verything.html

I can creat it here too !

Comment

I think forcing mumble use is silly. Many new players don't know about it but after being told about it are straight converters. I know whenever I squad lead and people join me in I check if they are in mumble and suggest they use it if they aren't.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X