Assault On Muttrah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault On Muttrah

Today I played a round of muttrah with the best team and best squad I could have hoped for.

Upon load out my squad was kitted and ready for action, teeth bared and weapons polished to a gleam. The air swirled as our pilots warmed their engines and rotors spun with deadly force to lift us to our insertion point. As the huey travelled over the sea and skillfully avoided anti-air missiles we landed, hard, fast, eagar. The men moved with lightening speed to secure the building and the ground floor where a Forward Operations Base was to be established to support the assault on the heart of Muttrah, West City. We dug deep and hard and received word from mission control. Our orders were clear, our orders sound so simple, our orders? Hold at all costs.

As our brave forces ravaged their way through the dockland and made their way into the North of the city we had our own problems to contend with. The Middle Eastern Coalition had not been idle and launched a large offensive of two transport trucks, a scout vehicle and a logistics truck. We waited silent, breaths were taken slow, savouring each one for it could be our last. Crouched and ready, we gave our respects for one another as the engines grew louder. THey were upon us and with the intention of travelling toward North City and toward the bulk of our team. I issued the command to engage.

A loud roar as hails of bullets came from the windows of our T-shaped fortress of death. Milk.org lashed down upon the enemy with unforgiving eyes as the constant stream of red tracer rounds visually remarked not even a 5th of the overall amount of lead that would maim those unexpecting troops, his Light Machine Gun roared with fury.
    I could almost swear that Brutal99 let out a small laugh of pure mirth as his rifle opened up into yet another truck on the east side, the screams of pain and death of our enemies like a horrid reminder of the fate that would befall ourselves if we did not succeed in our task.
    As Ludwag fell due to a stray round ricocheted off the window frame piercing his shoulder he did not wince, not did he even blink as the rounds which followed cascaded through the window like a shower of sparks as tracers flew through glass. Our talented and purely exceptional combat medic, Col. Ragman who's job was performed above and beyond the call of duty ensured the survival and swift recovery of Ludwag and within moments our friend was back to his feet whilst the MEC forces ran for cover in terror of the wrath that would befall them as this unyielding man fired rocket and rifle toward them.
    X6. Outlaw, a rough fellow gave not a moments thought as he cut down the men in the street. Dealing out death to all infront like a torrent of water that washes all away.

We held against the unsuspecting units, disposing of them almost immediately as desperate attempts were made to reinforce their men and to tend to the wounded. This was disallowed from my band of warriors. Anything that came within visual range was identified and destroyed. The enemy had no chance to drag away their wounded and were forced to leave them strewn on the streets like litter on the floor. The enemy regrouped and hit at us again, this time with a hardened fury and a lust for revenge for their fallen brothers in arms. Every wave was cast down, every assault was doomed to fail. Every attempt to push forward was halted by these 6 men.

Word on the radio, our men had taken the northern section of the city and were pressing down. Now the MEC would feel the true force of our superior forces. As our reinforcements arrived by huey, by transport and by foot they pressed south. Too far south and were slain in the streets before anybody could react. The Middle Eastern Coalition had dug themselves deep into the apartment blocks just streets from the holding ground of my men.

I dived to the floor, the deafening roar of coaxial fire and larger rounds echoed off the bare walls. My squad, pinned and unable to fight back against this machine that had surely come to destroy us. With infantry advancing fromt he East, the south and the west things were grim. As we waited for the end we agreed we would not take this laying down. As the APC sat on the east side with infantry advancing, we hit back with such might against the forces on the west that they were cast away. As the APC moved around the counter our vigourous assault we moved again and struck a deadly blow to the forces at the east. We now had enemy to the south and the APC which was *BOOM* was the explosion and a message came through on the radio "APC down. Good work." I smiled and nodded my head slowly thanking the stars that shone on us today.

Our forces again pressed forward and again were pushed back but never any further than the strongpoint that we held. We were undeafetable. We had the morale that would put troops at home to shame. We were gods striking down all who opposed us. Then it happened. The whislting of the air lasted only for an instant and then the sudden explosion that rocked the building around us. Again and again the mortars landed. Peppering the windows with deadly shrapnel. We duck for cover, then we realised it. There were only five of us. One the mortars stopped we searched for our missing companion, Ludwag. We found him, in his attempt to replenish us and to retrieve more ammo he had bravely faced the dangers of the roof and moved for the supply crate. Unfortunately his valiance was to be his downfall, we were unable to patch him up with frontline medical supplies and he was extracted to a hospital nearby. Our first casulty of this battle.

Inspired by the loss of our friend we pushed again against the enemy, lashing out in all directions like a whip, we lashed out, caught hold and squeezed the enemy in our grasp, we slaughtered them in the open and we decimated them in cover. Grenades flew and rifles roared, glowing with the ferocity and rage that was emminating from our group. It all went quiet, silence and then again the mortars fell. Silence and then the mortars once more. The enemy was determined to blast us from our newly claimed home.

The radio crackled and Ludwag was back on the field after sufferring a mild concussion. He made his way perilously toward us and upon his return we cheered and rejoiced as we exchanged information then it began. The storm that the MEC had brewed for us. We were a brick wall in the way of their advance and they were determined to bring down the wall one way or another. Mortars fell and APC's blared. Screaming their bullets toward us. As we were hit our medic Col. Ragman kept us on our feet and I did my best to keep my men reassured. We were tired, we were hungry and we were running dangerously low on ammunition. Cut off from the rest of our army we waited, waited for the inevitable. Then they came, in numbers so vast from the west and east, from the south and even from the north. With APC's supporting the MEC pushed ever closer and we could not halt there advance, having taken such punishment ourselves it was only a matter of time. The roof was compromised and in an attempt to secure the building I moved upstairs, stupidly I ent to find the enemy had already absailed down the building to find an entrance.

I fell, tumbled toward the ground as everything slowed. The world around me blurred as I hit the ground with a loud thud. I didn't feel the fall but I knew it happened. As our apache overhead exploded I watched though my eyes as it fell back toward earth. As though a star fell from the sky, a tail of flames followed after. My friends who had been with me from the start of my career, now perished. I winced, not through pain but through fear for the rest of my men. The bullet that had hit me, that of a long range rifle had put a stop to my abilities to help my men and I heard through the ringing in my ears, the shouts and grunts as men battled with bullets down below. They made them fight for every inch, every inch was going to cost the MEC in blood but the numbers were too many and one by one they fell. Col. Ragman, Ludwag, Milk .org, Brutal99, x6. outlaw. Each one a credit to one another, perfectly matched and harmounious in their teamwork. They had given all that could be asked of them, all that could be asked of anyone. They held until they could hold no more, they held until death. They held with honour, integrity and decency. For one hour and two minutes we held. With 36 kills counted, we held. With unforgiving brutality we held. With brilliance, we held.

I write this from the military hospital. I awoke here a few days ago and all I can think of is that I will see these men again, have them fight at my side and once more we will conquer any task before us.

(On the whole, an amazing squad who I sincerely hope to play with again. Certainly welcome back in my squads at any time. I had one of the best games in my PR career with these guys. Well done guys.)

Re: Assault On Muttrah

Very dramatic.

Comment

What made this AAR so awesome is that it reminded me how much of this game comes down to the people who play it. :)

Comment

Good stuff FK ! :)

|

Comment

Wonderful AAR for a wonderful battle. Nice change of pace in making it a dramatic representation. You'd think that building was like a family estate of yours with all the effort you put in fighting over it FK.

As my squad of two stalked around Muttrah, setting up FOs and taking down enemy FOs I always kept an eye on your status. I was thrilled to see you guys staying alive for so long.

What went right that battle was the destruction of the enemy supply line and your continuous pressure on the West City flag. Our CAS was top notch, sometimes doing runs you'd never expect to see in this game (hovering 50 meters high over an enemy conrolled flag hunting) which took an asset that is normally a detriment into a terrifying death dealer.

Time and time again I see the USMC win because of good FO management and choking the supply lines. However, this battle was the greatest and easiest victory I saw for the USMC, and I think alot of it goes to those six men, five of which I assume are MIA. :(

Ribbons I say!

Comment

A brilliant historical narrative FK, with a dramatic flair. I loved it. I'm thinking you might be giving David McCullough a run for his money. Well done.
            |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Yes read this on the toilet, so good I lost all feeling in both legs, bravo sir!

Sent from Android phone using Crap-a-talk.

Comment

Read that in a Geordie.......or should that be Mackem accent. Trololo.

Comment

I will destroy you Jeepo, I will destroyyou and all you hold dear!
                  Tch, mackems

Comment

Ahh so you were the ones in the T shaped building.
                    I was part of Dtacs squad, we passed by your little T fortress exchanging bullets once or twice casualty free luckily for us.
                    We were the squad across the street to your West

You guys definitely were a huge help to your team.

One of the best muttrah rounds for our MEC squad as the fighting for West and North City was very intense.

Comment

That was beautiful. I was reading that last part with Free Bird playing in the background...It was a thing of absolute beauty.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X