The 189th Thanks You SM's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 189th Thanks You SM's

Thanks so much for supporting the 189th Infantry Brigade by wearing our colors in your Supporting Member Bars.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<

We love you guys too :)

|

Re: The 189th Thanks You SM's

I was wondering what was goin on the last couple days, I knew Warlab was up to no good... ;)

How about you add the colors of the national flag of the player? How you like THAT challenge! Just a random idea.
    Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Originally posted by ThirdSin View Post
      How about you add the colors of the national flag of the player? How you like THAT challenge! Just a random idea.
      At first glance, that's how I thought it was actually set up. but NOOOOO.

Give us a choice on which member bar we want? As in, having multiple and letting us choose which one WE want, since you guys have been having a blast making a few the past few days :p

My SM expires tomorrow though, so wait until I find the guts to finally invest $80 for a game that's kept me happy for 3+ years.

Comment

Thirdsin is volunteering for creating a SM graphic for every country out there :]
        sigpic

Comment

I hate you warlab. :D

Actually, NOBODY in the 189th had anything to do with it. And no, I will ABSOLUTELY NOT be creating a banner for every country. The coding to get that to work...well, lets just say that if you want it done, someone better find me the winning powerball ticket.

Comment

switch statement on country catagory in database with default option being this graphic? amimissingsomething?
            Last edited by BoogyLoH; 01-10-2011, 09:21 PM.
            "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
            -Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Comment

ha! if only it were that easy. we couldnt even get the ribbon display system working without it eating the forum server.

not to mention the fact that it would require me to make, oh, 140 or so member bars. im charitable, but not that charitable.

Comment

Ya, srsly.
                The code should be easy peasy, unless you're referring to a specific fault with vBulletin itself (like it not asking for country on sign up, or something wacky about how it sets these pages up), I don't follow how it would be all that difficult. Do enlighten me, I've not played around with any forum packages like vBulletin.

You would have to give me the winning powerball ticket to get me to do all the images, though, I sure do agree there.

edit: Ribbon display system? Eating the server?
                What are you guys doing to the poor thing... :row__627:

Comment

good luck guys keep it coming!! its a pleasure to play with u guys
                  Tactics & Teamworksigpic

Comment

Stirred up a mini-Hornets nest .....uh oh :row__628:

Seriously the new bars are all Ferris and Oniell, however I wont argue how the 189th sort of gets one's subconscious mind and just sticks there.

|

Comment

I really like the change, maybe you guys could do themes for the holidays....Irish day is comming soon :)

But seriously I really like the new bars, maybe a nice dark, military/SF theme is to follow for the forums?

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

That's where I would draw the line.. the 140 images I'd have to create. But if they wanted their flag.. they could always ask someone nicely to make it for them and then give it to me to use. :P

What I assume is happening right now is:

Check Player ID against hashmap-- Check SupportingMember bool -- If true -- throw graphic on their name.

Somehow you guys are checking user profiles for their BF2 ID and putting that into a database, which I'm not sure how you are doing that or how often. On that check I'd just check if the user filled in a nationality and throw that in a different catagory. Then it's a just a switch on that catagory. But I'm assuming now you have less control than that and it's more with the forum hack-arounds.

Oh.. totally forgot to say. Awesome job on the new graphics. I like them :)
                        "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
                        -Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Comment

Hehe, one little suggestion gets everyone stirring. muy muy funny.
                          Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                          A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

I paid extra for the logo to be based on the 189th.... I thought you should all suffer.....just kidding :-)

It looks great. I think the graphics changes are awesome.
                            sigpic

Comment

ohhhhhh that's what it is. I was wondering why my banner was changing. was sorta black a few days ago? but yes, thumbs up up up for the 189th!

p.s. coding stuff is difficult ><

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X