Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update

Hello all

Just wanted to give you all an update as to why I have been absent for the last few months and or if I have been in-game why it has been for a round or two or only half a round.

Earlier this year I was elected into the Town Of Mamaroneck Fire Department as a volunteer, and shortly after Thanksgiving began the 92 hour basic Firefighter 1 course.

As of last night the amount of time I have spent crawling around my parents house performing limited and full escape measures while undoing the air pack straps blacked out bc of being uneasy in the masked confidence course at the training center paid off.

I successfully completed the mask confidence course with air remaining in the bottle while being blacked out.

After this Saturday if everything goes well with my final you should start to see me popping on the server a bit more. On Jan 22nd I have firefighter survival and once that is complete everything will be somewhat back to normal including game time and TGU participation.

The firefighter 1 course has been one of the most interesting and challenging experiences I have undertaken. Before this course I had never used an air pack of anykind including the donning of the mask and airpack in basically 3 fluid motions, been in a live burn where you actually watch and feel the room you go through the stages of fire development, using power saws of any kind let alone using them on a flat or slanted roof, deploying ladders, using nozzles and hoses of different sizes and participated in vehicle and structure fires.

Masked Confidence blacked out is by far the most physically challenging thing I have undertaken yet. Ristin in your youth did you also experience something like that with your training as a firefighter.

I will see you all on the server soon and am looking forward to the Zombie Night.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Update

Keep up the good work, bro. I have plenty of friends and family that fight fire and save lives. It's an intense way to serve your community.

Comment

The classes you can take after completing fire 1 look very interesting as well. And after Fire 2 there are also a bunch.

So far it's been an awesome experience, been to many interesting calls, met a bunch of new people but I have been missing the sounds of PR.

I shall return.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

Congrats Randy....Your pro board cert for fire fighter I will be printed about 200 feet from my office...I work at NFPA. Good luck with your fire service career...
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Yes congrat Randy, I just don't get why you couldn't play PR with your mask on and blacked out ? ;)

|

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
            Congrats Randy....Your pro board cert for fire fighter I will be printed about 200 feet from my office...I work at NFPA. Good luck with your fire service career...
            Thank you grunt. I don't want to get to ahead of myself yet. The final is on Saturday and I am still practicing donning my gear under 2mins. I'm still a few seconds over the limit.

Thank you though for the goodwill I will revive you anytime you are incapacitated and revivable, I will even summon a chariot and drive or fly hundreds of kilometers over the desert of Kashan to get to you.
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

pics

Comment

yeah PICs or it didn't happen!

Comment

Congrats Randy!

---------
                  |TG|DarkDancer

Comment

Thanks all for the support/well wishes. As of this past Saturday I am a Certified New York State Level 1 Firefighter.

This coming Saturday I will be taking the firefighter survival class which I will be instructed and will be performing how to go head first down a ladder safely, head first down a ladder and turning myself around, how to position myself out of a window among other things. It will be another challenge but looking forward to it. After that class I will be taking a bailout course within my department which entails how to repel/leap out of a structure with ropes. - It is now mandatory within Westchester County and NYC to have this. After those two courses are done I will be allowed to enter homes/warehouses/other structures.

I will try and get some pics, we did take some this past Saturday and I am at the moment trying to retrieve them.
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations Randy!

Comment

congrats randy!

Comment

snoitalutargnoc

Comment

Congrats, that is great!!
                            sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

Congratulations, stay safe.
                              Its the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X