Jet bombing and training resquest.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet bombing and training resquest.

Going back to JAFAR's original thread and a wonderful round of Silent Eagle that I attended a week or so ago I was wondering if I could setup a time to either A) use the TG private server (with a SM when the time comes) or B) some other weird server to test the capabilities of jet CAS runs.

The biggest thing I want to check out is how capable is the laser guided bomb and missile of hitting inside buildings and tunnels. If I remember the round of SE properly I was capable of lasing targets at russian tunnel to devastating effect. Better yet was a bomb that hit directly inside the tunnel site where an FO and squad defended.

Assuming enough interest we could test lazing mobile infantry too for gun runs, something that is rarely ever done.

I used to enjoy the piloting aspects, but recently I've grown more favorable to the ground battles and the wonderous eye candy I recieve from a successful CAS run.

I'm normally available for PR after 5pm EST till about 8pm. Certain days vary.

Re: Jet bombing and training resquest.

The Private Server is for supporting members use, I would suggest posting in the CAA forum if you wish to discuss this further.

Comment

TGU can host an event to do it. We have had them in the past. I called it "fly and die".

We basically get a bunch of pilot trainees on the private server and a bunch of AA enemy to be fodder. Good fun and good training for all.

If you would like, TGU can host one soon.
      sigpic

Comment

I would have to get a good pilot to PM me as a guest instructor though, as I would only be able to arrange the event and get the people together.

Any expert pilots and/or spotters out there that want to help, either post here or PM me.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
          The Private Server is for supporting members use, I would suggest posting in the CAA forum if you wish to discuss this further.
          I understand that, and my membership is pending a late paycheck, this post here was to see if their would be interest and an ability to organize amongst the community members first and private server second.

I'd love to participate in an event Tman, definately would want to try to do precision bombing runs like mentioned in my op.

Comment

Great idea Ytman, it would be a good thing to experiment what the limits and possibilities there are with advanced attacks like that

I remember the round of silent eagle, very good flying on Sticks part, would be great to see precision like that taught to other pilots. Too bad the CAS SL that round was half asleep :P

Comment

I'd be happy to participate in this. OTMAN, PM sent to you.

Can we make an audit of whatever map we decide to train on so that we can have additional examples of each jet (I think it would be fun to train wingman tactics, good impetus for seasoned pilots to come)?
              Whether by air or on land
              foes crumble at my command.

JaFaR Ironclad, at your service.

Comment

If you guys need AA fodder I'm in ^^

Comment

Originally posted by JaFaR Ironclad View Post
                  I'd be happy to participate in this. OTMAN, PM sent to you.

Can we make an audit of whatever map we decide to train on so that we can have additional examples of each jet (I think it would be fun to train wingman tactics, good impetus for seasoned pilots to come)?
                  I will check on settings for the training server with the admin team and then work on a date with Jafar to set up the event. I hope we can do it either this weekend or next.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm working up a syllabus now. It'd be great if I could get someone to play JTAC for the event (bonus if you want to learn the jet stuff as well).

It occurs to me that this would be really fun to synchronize with a main server Pick-em event that takes place on a jet map. I've actually created an audit of Iron Eagle that replaces the two attack helos on each side with fighter jets, and gives MEC a Su-25 while the IDF get an apache. Depending on whether I can figure out how to move asset spawns, there may or may not be transport helos; if there aren't I'll accelerate logi truck spawns.

I've noted the Password event coming this sunday, so we could do the main server Pick-em the following weekend.
                    Last edited by JaFaR Ironclad; 01-13-2011, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Ok Gentlemen, we are going to try and do this event this coming Sunday. Please look in the TGU forum for details. We will need some expert assistance from spotters as well, if you are available. If we get more than 4 people signed up, we will do the event. I think we can take 8 maximum due to limits on planes.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm going to take the Kashan Air map and see if I can't modify it to suit a larger group, as well as a larger variety of planes. I'll keep us posted.

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...ml#post1581549

Co-op is working fairly well, and I can just restart maps if we need new planes.....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by O=T-M-A-N=O View Post
                            http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...ml#post1581549

Co-op is working fairly well, and I can just restart maps if we need new planes.....
                            Could do CO-OPs for fighter combat/basic stuff? And then maps like Silent Eagle for specific runs, like guiding a bomb into the tunnel complex or into a bunker complex at missile silo (or best of all into the missile silo ;)

Comment

I was going to set the server to co-op just because of the spawn rate of the planes, and the fact that you get all 4 at the start of each round. The "training" mode for PR is no longer available since .9 came out.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X