• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved Ribbons thru January 14th, 2011

Distinguished Support - Class 1

Ankyle62

Game/Server:Tactical Gamer - Project Reality

Place and Time:Sunday December 12th, 2010 - Password Night.

Nomination:

Ankyle62 was my gunner in an AAV on Quinling 64 during our CnC event. Our CO assigned us to the Transport Helo squad to act as an independent Anti-Aircraft unit.

At round start we followed our CO, Masterjack, out of the main as he headed into the center of the map to set up our lone FOB. Anklyle62 stayed in the gunner's seat as I helped build the FOB. After that we were free to being our normal AAV duties.

Just as the FOB was finished construction a MEC attack helo made a run on us and with two quick mouse clicks Ankyle62 destroyed the helo. Less than 10 minutes into the round the enemy was down on attack helo....a significant loss to the other team.

As the round progressed we moved into the woods on the east side of the main river and emplaced ourselves on the reverse slope to stay out of sight of the enemy. We took up a supporting position to cover our tanks. During this time Ankyle62 assisted our Squad Leader with communications and coordination with our teammates and continued to scan the skies for enemy aircraft. Eventually another enemy helo arrived on scene and was shot out of the sky within seconds.

A few minutes later Ankyle62 and I worked out a plan to move our AAV to the west side of the river to support our team's Scouting squad who was then being harrased by enemy airpower. He helped me overcome my desire to be cautious and suggested a route that provided a measure of safety that I found acceptable so across we went. That we made it deep into enemy territory via his route inspired me to push us ahead of our Scout squad to a point where our AAV became the "tip of the spear" for our team's offensive efforts. When we finally came to a stop we found ourselves face to face, across a broad valley, with the enemy's sole FOB and we were the 1st to report it to our team. In a CNC round this is the most important piece of intelligence a team can have.

Our Scouting squad follwed us up and began to mark targets for our CAS and while doing so found themselves attacked by another enemy attack helo. Ankyle62 spotted it within minutes and brought it down for his third helo kill.

As we were now supremely confident, we pushed very far south and east to a position where almost any enemy aircraft would have to pass by us. However, before we arrived at our new location we ran across an enemy troop truck moving very fast and at close range and Ankyle62 destroyed same with is AA missles and lightning quick reflexes.

We successfully made it to our final position where Ankyle62 helped me provide the best intel we could as to the enemy's movements until the round ended with our team victorious.

Ankyle62 provided our team with critical support in a most exemplary manner and greatly contributed to our victory.

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Distinguished Squad Leader - Class 1

JaFaR Ironclad

Game/Server: Project Reality

Place and Time: Al Basrah, Password Night 09/12/10

Nomination:

JaFaR deserves this award in my opinion for his performance as a squad leader on the British side of the Al Basrah password night. He was always working with other squads, even arranging with other Sls to form two fire teams to assault the western village, and ensuring that we had armour support.
    Our fireteam (1) was to engage from a distance, and fireteam 2 would go in and neutralise the cache. It worked very well, fireteam 2 brought down the cache, while we took down the enemy hideout and a group of insurgents to the west across the bridge.

We then fell back and regrouped at the main base. While wating for transport, jafar took the time to gather the squad in a circle and explain some of the tactics, formations and fire conditions that he might ask us to use, and briefed us on our next objective, the refinery. All of this was said very clearly and consicely; all of us knew exactly what our roles in ther squad were, and what to do if we encountered the enemy.

Unfortunately, our attack on the refinery didn't go as well as hoped, as the enemy mortars constantly followed us with amazing accuracy all the way through our advance towards our objective (they deserve a nomination too, but i dont know who it was), and snipers constantly picked people off. The remainder of both fireteams was then run over by a technical, bringing the attack an abrupt end.

All throughout the remainder of the round we searched the city for caches (there was almost no intel due to people constantly killing civillians), and i was very impressed by the way Jafar constantly kept on high alert, always moving us tactically around as if there might be enemies around every corner. It definately saved our lives more than once! Eventually we found a cache on the island, ending what was a very fun round.

In short, Jafar's skill at briefing his squad, his knowledge and utilisation of tactics and good communication with other squad leaders made a significant contribution towards the success of our team, and also made his squad great fun to be in!

|

Re: Approved Ribbons thru January 14th, 2011

Congrats Guys, Good Stuff !
    :)

|

Comment

Well done! :D Highly deserved

Comment

I'm honored to accept it. Thank you all, and congratulations Ankyle!

See you on the battlefield!
        Whether by air or on land
        foes crumble at my command.

JaFaR Ironclad, at your service.

Comment

Fantastic nomination, fantastic read, fantastic job fellas.....wear'm with pride!!

Congradulations!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Congrats guys!

Comment

Wow, thanks a lot. I totally forgot about that round. Probably the most fun Ive ever had in an AAV. Very well written, I need to keep a note pad next me or submits nominations right after rounds to remember all that.

Thanks again.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Congrats guys
                sigpic

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Bravo, well done chaps!

Comment

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

These guys totally deserve it and not only by that mentioned round - they pretty much always perform great in the aforementioned roles.
                        Last edited by desant_1; 01-15-2011, 10:52 AM.

sigpic
                        |TG-69th|desant

Comment

Nice work guys! Wear them with pride!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

well done!

| | | |