Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TG community and how many of them play PR.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG community and how many of them play PR.

i was just wondering how to find out how large the TG community is as a whole. and how many of them play PR. it seems that PR has one of the largest player bases in the TG community and i just wanted to find out of thats an actual fact or an illusion created my the Nazis in world war II.

any thoughts?

Well, it's relatively easy to get an idea by looking at the number of users viewing each forum. The team speak channels also provide information, but pr is under represented there because of mumble.
    Finally, you could look at game stats out whatever site gives graphs of server populations.

I mainly play call of duty and pr. The pr server is full every evening, and one of the cod black ops servers (18 players) is full most evenings, though even it seems to be trailing off a little, so soon after the game's launch, probably because almost all the core players are in a dirt 2 mood these days.

I would guess that the top games at tg these days are...
    Pr
    Bfbc2
    Cod bo
    World of tanks
    Arma 2
    Dirt 2

In that order.
    But that's a real loose guess, based on very little at all :)

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Re: TG community and how many of them play PR.

Some statistics to get you started:
      • TG has 21,502 registered forum members.
      • In the past 30 days, the TG site has had 241,481 visits.
      • The TG PR server stats were reset about a month ago, but at current, we have had 832 total UNIQUE players on the server.
      • The PR server is currently the #63 server in the world for BF2. That includes 24/7 karkand servers and such.

As far as specific data, without taking a global poll, theres really no way to tell how many people actually actively play PR at TG vs other titles. So that information you're not really going to get. However, I have been told that by SM count, PR has the largest number of SMs.

Comment

TG does more than PR???

Just kidding.

Interesting stats though, I would never have guessed 250k visits in 30 days. At least 100k of those are mine, and probably 50-60k of them are dispo locking my threads... do those really count?

Comment

those are the kinds of numbers i was looking for.
          however i wouldent realy judge TGs PR server as #63. i think that just because we dont run full 24/7. the server is only realy active for about 7 or 8 hours a day and i think that drags us down. as far as i know TG's PR server is considered to be the best PR server.
          is there a count for number of SMs for TG, or just for registered form accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by mantak09 View Post
            those are the kinds of numbers i was looking for.
            however i wouldent realy judge TGs PR server as #63. i think that just because we dont run full 24/7. the server is only realy active for about 7 or 8 hours a day and i think that drags us down. as far as i know TG's PR server is considered to be the best PR server.
            is there a count for number of SMs for TG, or just for registered form accounts.
            The only reason it's 63rd is because the list is for all the BF2 servers, mods and everything. I'd be willing to bet that TG is number 1 out of PR specific servers, even with the little bit of "downtime" we see when the population drops off.

Comment

Originally posted by WDT_Alpha_s9 View Post
              The only reason it's 63rd is because the list is for all the BF2 servers, mods and everything. I'd be willing to bet that TG is number 1 out of PR specific servers, even with the little bit of "downtime" we see when the population drops off.
              I don't know. It seems to me that there is a more Euro base for PR than an American base. So far as American population there is no doubt that TG is the most popular server based in the US. But I see PR teamwork alliance, and other euro servers just as full as TG during the European evenings.

Comment

were not just talking about how full thay are, were also talking about quality of play.

Comment

Another stat on the main forum page:
                  Threads: 7,305

---

Making the PR forums the largest used in terms of thread & post count in comparison to all the other sections of TG!

PR and RUSE are the only games I play online! fyi. So if you play RUSE contact me naaow!

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
                  Erwin Rommel

Comment

Originally posted by Henry29PR View Post
                    I don't know. It seems to me that there is a more Euro base for PR than an American base. So far as American population there is no doubt that TG is the most popular server based in the US. But I see PR teamwork alliance, and other euro servers just as full as TG during the European evenings.
                    Possibly... I guess I hadn't considered how much time during the day (daytime on this side of the pond anyway) TG spends empty nowadays. I guess those Euro servers are sucking up the population that used to play on TG during the day, ruining my impromptu afternoon gaming sessions. Wankers!

Comment

Get some Australians over there to wreak havoc with our infamous stereotypes, also tourism.

sigpic

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that PR is by far the largest game at TG.... without any stats its hard to judge but I did a brief stat check about a year ago and concluded about 70% of supporting members on TG were there primarily for PR.

Comment

I would love to see an increase in our afternoon/evening Euro population, more games for me lol. Seriously it only takes a few regs not to go to other servers and seed a bit and it fills up.

Myself and a few regs have got the server up to full in less than 2 rounds.

As the new PR XO this is one of the main items on my agenda. Whilst I can't be available 100% of the time I will do my best to increase my availability. So if you guys want or need anything to facilitate a fuller server I will do my best, ie map changes etc. Just come and find me on TS or xfire if you can't reach me vis BF2CC.

Contact details for all the admins are stickied at the top of the PR forums. I am more approachable than you might think:p

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
                            I would love to see an increase in our afternoon/evening Euro population, more games for me lol. Seriously it only takes a few regs not to go to other servers and seed a bit and it fills up.
                            Maybe I'll leave my client connected for ya during the day to see if I can help this out... most of the times I look though it's zero people. I don't think one afk dude is gonna help seed much :P

Comment

Alpha one man seeding afk is a start, it puts the server in the list for people who filter out empty servers.

The best way to get the server is get a few of your mates on. Instead of going elsewhere or choosing another game, xfire a couple more people and chain letter it from there. Orpal and some other Euro's use to Xfire me when I got home from work, I would round up the 6th Devils that were around at that time, they would contact others. You can usually fill a server in one to two rounds. Everybody knows somebody. Plus you will have an attentive admin around who can change maps etc.

This Friday sounds good to me. I'll be on about 17:00 GMT.

Apologies for the thread hijack. Back on topic.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X