• Show
Clear All

• !!! Official PR 128 player server test

Ready here

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...-official.html

hopefully there's good results
    AnimalMother
    Ex TG-31st LR
    "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
    sigpic

Arte et Marte

Re: !!! Official PR 128 player server test

Seems like it's failing a lot at the moment. Would TG server be capable of supporting this many players connection-wise?

Fantasizing: 128 kashan... battling for bunker control with this many troops............. JDAM...

sigpic
    |TG-69th|desant

Comment

Twice as many tards shooting rpgs from unknown caches o_O

[Spartan 9]

Comment

128 players and the best map you can think of is Dustbowl Bunker Tedium lol. Try 128 Kozelsk or Ramiel, think of how much 'livelier' the city would be.

I wish them all the best with this, PR would be exponentially better with more players.

Comment

well they managed ot get to 72 before the server crashed again. So the magical 64 limit has been breached (some may not know but in previous attempts even though the server said 128 in browser the 65th couldn't connect)

hopefully throughout the day more progress will be made. To think of all the decent suggestions that got shot down because of limited manpower on a team

exciting times
          AnimalMother
          Ex TG-31st LR
          "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
          sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
            128 players and the best map you can think of is Dustbowl Bunker Tedium lol.
            Oooh, now I get it!!! i will try to smarten up and change my tastes by tomorrow - it'll be hard because all i can think of is kashan.

clarification: kashan is notorious for jdams dropped at bunkers (at least from personal experience on this map). Simply imagined a jdam landing on this mass of people in one spot and a consequent ticket plummeting - never mentioned a word about it being best map.

I was hoping some of our admins could answer my main question - if TG server has physical capability of supporting such amount of connections/players.
            Last edited by desant_1; 01-26-2011, 10:26 AM.

sigpic
            |TG-69th|desant

Comment

Here's a summary on the tests up to 9:30am CST:
              They got 128 players in the server with people in 6 man squads, apparently the modified 12 player squads were causing crashes. The current issue and theory is no one can use vehicles because the server only applies ID tags to players up to 64, so anyone causing explosions/interacting with vehicles who don't have a tag assigned causes the server to crash.

"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"

Comment

Originally posted by desant_1 View Post
                I was hoping some of our admins could answer my main question - if TG server has physical capability of supporting such amount of connections/players.
                Without knowing the system requirements for a 128 player server (if they even get it to work) we can't answer that.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I guess since this is now more than just a dream I think some questions need to be raised.

1. What asset loadouts do you go with? Do you multiply the number of assets by two on maps like kashan? or do you only put 1.5x and get more infantry squads.

2. Would TG even want 128 players?

It's likely PR's popularity would grow if 128 players were supported, but does the current player base support 128 players? Essentially you'd be combining TG's normal server population with people who would normally play on Hardcore or HOG. There'd be a lot more dilution of rules being followed, you'd have double the amount of people talking, get probably 4x the amount of taunting, 3x the amount of allchat... It could potentially be a real mess.

"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"

Comment

Simply magic.

Never thought this day would dawn. :D

Comment

It's working. Just played Silent Eagle skirmish with 128. Wow.

|
                      |

Comment

:)

Vehicles crashes the server, but Ancientman think he knows what causes it, and is working on new files.
                        *crossing fingers*

Comment

Comment

|
                            |

Comment

Wow, never thought this day would come.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X