Some epic music (that I wrote)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some epic music (that I wrote)

So I've told you guys that I'm a composer, but most of you haven't even heard any of my music yet! So I'll just leave this isolated sample for you all to enjoy. (P.S. Not originally composed in context of PR, but instead of another game, that exists only in my head)

http://www.box.net/shared/r2ty1s5420

To stay relevant to the forum: does anyone want me to compose something new appropriate for a PR map loading screen? Say, for AFsoccer's upcoming map? Suggestions on aesthetic?
    Last edited by JaFaR Ironclad; 02-02-2011, 10:33 AM.
    Whether by air or on land
    foes crumble at my command.

JaFaR Ironclad, at your service.

Re: Some epic music (that I wrote)

Sounds cool

Reminds me of Final Fantasy VII or newer
    ​​​​​​​

Comment

Pretty good, don't take this the wrong way but sort of feels like Runescape music as opposed to something that should be on a PR map. The buildup around 1:00 just feeled a little too anti-climatic in comparison with other PR songs like Take Cover.

Its similar to the 2142 music in the sense that its very orchestral, but alot of the instruments feel out of place and it just doesn't give a proper immersive quality that Dicip|es tracks do.

Don't let my criticism put you off though, keep at it.
      Its the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are.

Comment

I have to agree with dtacs and crawlingeye, the music itself is good for maybe a different style of game. Not so much for PR though.
        Maybe since the map is Chinese based faction try to use some similar instruments like in this piece from Command & Conquer Generals
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anro5...eature=related

Just an idea, but other then that the music is great, wish I could compose something. Only can play a little piano :P.

Comment

Pretty cool. What software do you use to make your stuff, Jafar?

Comment

Finale 2010 for the composition side of things, Logic Pro 9 as my sequencer, EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Platinum as my sample library. Probably going to pick up their Oriental library and their Choirs library as well in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Crawlingeye View Post
              Sounds cool

Reminds me of Final Fantasy VII or newer
              Reminds me a lot of the Final Fantasy stuff.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

I have to a agree with the "reminds me of Final Fantasy" comments. Seems like the brass is the main focus with subtle percussion, woodwind, and strings. I feel as in PR the music is big on strings and percussion in the songs. I feel like we need a song with more trumpets and the likes, but the need to be put in there right, I don't know if I'm phrasing this post correct, but I hope so.

All in all, I like it(a lot) but, again, it feels like it suits an RPG more than a war FPS. Keep up the good work though. :D
                Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Originally posted by ZephyrDark View Post
                  I feel as in PR the music is big on strings and percussion in the songs. I feel like we need a song with more trumpets and the likes, but the need to be put in there right, I don't know if I'm phrasing this post correct, but I hope so.
                  Kind of like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfKA4b5SFq4

Always gives me chivers down my spine
                  ​​​​​​​

Comment

Very cool Jafar Ive been waiting for you to post this :P haha. Good work!

This song you made would suite me while im running around in a Dungeon In Legend of Zelda. Which is good.
                    I agree with the other guys that It doesnt suitePR. But i dont think thats what you were going for anyways.

Im interested to see you make a badass war beat that gets ya pumped up for the game.

Thanks for posting!

I havent seen you ingame in a while. Get on!

Comment

I really like the epic horns at 1:20 and 3:05 but a little too much dissonance and climbing/falling flute notes throughout the song for me (at least for PR).
                      Keep up the good work though man, I respect the amount of effort it takes to compose, especially that many instruments at once!
                      sigpic

Comment

I can't tell a windwood from Steve Winwood but it sounds good to me.
                        You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                        So that when they turn their backs on you,
                        You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Not sure how to critique this other than the mix could use some work. Some of the instruments come off sounding a bit synth like, namely some of horns and the winds, especially the winds, that or the 128kbps bitrate on the track isn't doing them any justice. Some of the note transitions suffer as well, but again all of this can be fixed with some tweaking and attention to finer details. As for the writing I like it, it's a very good track, and the tambourine beat throughout the piece kept making me think of Basil Poledouris' work in Conan :D

Mind if I ask what libraries you used for this?

Comment

EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Platinum. Yeah, this isn't the cleanest mix; I'll probably get a better one going in March.

Comment

Very nice piece. The main theme with the brass section as the melody works really well.

As Steakslim said, there are a few imperfections, especially with the authenticity of certain string and wind parts. I'd also work on making the percussion parts less quantized, and maybe get one our two tempo changes in certain places to make it sound more dramatic and less..rigid, maybe some more dynamics. I'd take away especially the snare drum in certain parts, to then put it in again for dramatic effect. I'd also put some timpani in there, just to accentuate things.
                              And obviously, the mix sounds a bit cloudy, but that you already know!
                              In-game nick: [FSG]Oskar Xfire: wrestlersesf

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X