Clear All

• Password Night - Sunday, February 13, 2011

Unannounced password night!

Maplist:

Kashan Desert - Vehicle Warfare
    Op Barracuda - 64
    Wanda Shan - 32

password: tgteamwork
    "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
    -Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Re: Password Night - Sunday, February 13, 2011

thank you!!!!! <3

Made it just intime for Op barra and then off to wanda Shan!
    \
    I'll be commanding I hope

Comment

Barracuda was fun. Especially enjoyed assaulting Air Strip again in combination with Foxxies and my own squad.

Hopefully Foxxy will post the screen shot of both our squads together in a cute picture session.

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
      Erwin Rommel

Comment

Tried playing a game on Barracuda, but my VoIP wasn't working.

Comment

Op. Barracuda was great, tough round for sure.

Comment

Barracudda was wonderful. Thanks guys who bore through my commanding.

In my opinion our eventual defeat was a result of not using the APCs at after we lost the TG-X boys. This allowed for the complete decimation of our gains by enemy CAS. That and no bleed ;), wouldn't have lost it next patch.

Wanda shan was wonderfully close, despite what seemed to be a decided PLA win.

Reguarding the game I do want to ask if thermate use against armor is unrealistic and therefore against the primer. This issue was brought up today.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f22-...tml#post451626

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f26-...ml#post1271553

Evidence for thermate as an AT weapon being unintentional and bug like.

Comment

As much as I hate it, too hard to enforce probably,
              |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Not much different than ramming :P

Comment

@ Thermite

Wanda Shan it seems above all other maps has brought up the Thermite Vs Armor arguement more so than most maps that I've seen in game.

And there seems to be a common trend. Armor crews driving directly into the forest.

This doesn't happen on Koselsk because of kit layouts for militia being unequiped with Incindariy Grenades.

It doesn't happen on Qwai because the forests are so well lit and very sparse.

But Wanda.. Wanda Wanda. This is a seperate creature all togther.

I have my graphics maxed during gameplay and infantry look Black inside the dense forests on Wanda. They dissapear like ghosts and can sneak around like it is their business.
                  Why would you take any armor at all into the middle of a dense forest. They are not quiet, subtle or small. The manuverbilitiy is slowed because of the tight formations of trees. Visibility even with thermals is short. And there are hundreds of things out there to kill you.

So is the arguement really that incindiaries should be removed? Or is it that people need to start thinking before they tread into a beehive.

Perhaps both.

I agree that a small grenade shouldnt blow up a tank in 7 seconds. But it should darn well damage it in some way or melt the track if it hits it long enough.

Realism is a two way street. And something shouldn't be removed before balance is assessed and achieved through tweaking.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

Can't see a problem with WP on vehicles. As Tom alluded to, if your driving around in the woods you're kind of asking to be mobbed by infantry. Firstly, is it realistic to drive a tracked vehicle through there and secondly, where's your inf support?

Any armour in confined space, without inf support, has a short life expectancy. Much the same as infantry in the open with opposing armour. Everything has a area of operation, a remit in which it excels, a counter and an area where it will undoubtedly fail.

Maybe the 'one WP grenade and it goes boom' needs to be worked on by the Devs. However as a general feature its fine and symbolizes other things. It also prevents lone wolf APC crews to a degree, reducing their effectiveness and forcing them to work in a realistic and more coordinated fashion.

We won't be ruling on this as I see it.

Comment

This happened to me twice and I wasn't in the woods. Inf spent probably 10+ min walking around to sneak up with a tiny bush between me and him so he could throw one incendiary on me and kill me instantly. The other time was a random guy hiding in a bush on the middle of an open field, who manage to throw the incendiary far enough to get it within 5-10m of me for the insta-kill. I don't think throwing incendiaries at armour is wrong in general, but on some maps it is bugged and will kill armour if it falls within 10m of the vehicle. I found it lame that inf would spend 10-15min trying to exploit this bug. It isn't like we were driving through the forests pretending to be invincible, we were very far from the inf fighting covering a open valley. It reminds me of seeing an inf squad 200m away in the open desert ad then taking my ammo techie and turning out of my way to run them over. I mean it is okay if they are in the middle of the desert with no cover and no armour support right?

Hopefully the Devs will have a way to fix the insta-kill next patch. It only happens on maybe 1-2 maps which is weird.

PS: They did managed to get me good with a tow one time. I thought we would be somewhat safe in our smoke screen but then soon learn that TOWs have thermals now. LOL
                      Viking

Comment

Also, If anyone did really well in their role be sure to write up a ribbon nomination.
                        Viking

Comment

I hope they fix it too, don't get me wrong. However it would seem the Devs intended incendiaries to damage armour, as it has been present for multiple iterations.

To rule on the use of incendiaries we would need vast amounts of criteria.

Is it a map with a known glitch on it. Was the intent to throw one magic grenade or was the intent to throw multiple nades as per the game mechanic (apparently). Did the player know of the glitch/exploit at the time. Was the intent to scare off the armour, distract it or destroy it. Was it an accident. Was there anything nearby the player could have been throwing it at etc.

The list is endless and impossible to manage. Hence we are stuck with it till its fixed.

To me no more annoying than zero deviation jack in the boxing, which is far more prevalent.

I once was killed by a tree stump on Wand Shan, instant kill on a perfectly healthy tank. Had already shot down 3 attack helo's and killed a few tanks and logi trucks, having the time of my life in the gunners position. Pulled forward and got a bit snagged on a sawn off tree stump. Driver gave it a bit of throttle and BANG, we're dead. Ruined my perfect round. It happens, its annoying, its a game.

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
                            I hope they fix it too, don't get me wrong. However it would seem the Devs intended incendiaries to damage armour, as it has been present for multiple iterations.
                            talk to jaymz about it, the incendaries should do NO damage at all to armoured vehicles (tanks, APCs, IFVs). And according to the code for the materials there should be no damage dont nevermind instant kill at 10m radius. At the moment no one knows why it happens, but it shouldn't
                            AnimalMother
                            Ex TG-31st LR
                            "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                            sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalMother View Post
                              talk to jaymz about it, the incendaries should do NO damage at all to armoured vehicles (tanks, APCs, IFVs). And according to the code for the materials there should be no damage dont nevermind instant kill at 10m radius. At the moment no one knows why it happens, but it shouldn't
                              If this is the case, is it worth making an official TG server rule banning the use of incendiaries on armor? This would seem to be a game exploit and worth enforcing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X